Politics

Harris seems to be gaining today - in people who will vote against her Vs people who will vote against Trump. I'm proudly in the former group.

21st century politics in the US of A.

Harris seems to be gaining today - in people who will vote against her Vs people who will vote against Trump. I'm proudly in the former group.

I wish more people (the people who are having a tough time holding their nose) would see their vote as a vote against her rather than for Trump.

You mean when you're actively trying to sabotage relief efforts (for reasons) you don't do it in broad daylight, with everyone filming you, in a helicopter clearly belonging to the DOD, with a transponder on, your callsign known, and only hit them with 30 seconds of rotorwash and then leave?

Sheesh... what kind of nefarious, dark, hurricane make worser even are you?
You can't make it up. Some guy films a NG Blackhawk (mysterious helicopter with "no markings" - that flat black on flat dark olive is tricky to read) starting a careful descent that is quickly aborted as soon as stuff starts to blow about and the only logical conclusion is that it was a deliberate "attack" by a government entity determined to destroy a volunteer support effort. Every right of center site like RedState and Citizen Free Press unquestionably ran with it. What is even worse is that thousands of people immediately believed it was true and many still do.

Last edited:
It's one thing to sensibly regulate how hunting, and fishing, is conducted.Thats the job of US and state Fish and Wildlife Services in protecting and conserving wildlife for future generations. It's quite another to criminalize legal possession, legal gun owners for having or being able to have an otherwise legal firearm and denying an individual the right to hunt based on the way this law is written.

I was specifically talking about regulating hunting weapons. Just about every State in the nation has regulations/laws on the caliber and/or weapons one can use to hunt from minimum calibers to bottleneck cartridges to lead ammo etc., etc.. Not just the Feds. Not a 2A issue as they are not prohibiting ownership but hunting with the said firearms. I am NOT saying I agree with their view, just that they have precedence on their side.

Vance specifically stated that they would have Ukraine yield territory and be prevented from joining NATO or EU. That is letting Russia win.
And Walz said he is friends with school shooters.

Neither are running for president.

Look at the more recent meeting between Zelinsky and Donald. And compare the nuances to the meetings he had with Biden and Harris. Zelinsky obviously cannot dis Biden nor Harris right now. But he obviously got on well with Trump.... Referring to him as Donald.

You can't make it up. Some guy films a NG Blackhawk (mysterious helicopter with "no markings" - I guess that flat black on flat dark olive is tricky to read) starting a careful descent that is quickly aborted as soon as stuff starts to blow about and the only logical conclusion is that it was a deliberate "attack" by a government entity determined to destroy a volunteer support effort. Every right of center site like RedState and Citizen Free Press unquestionably ran with it. Even worse is that thousands of people immediately believed it was true and many still do.
Probably, the same folks that believe Jan. 6 was a sewing circle, Ukraine aid buys politicians yachts, 2020 election was stolen, 9/11 was CIA etc., etc..

I don't think that is the case. As I posted earlier, I actually believe that momentum may be building for Trump. I could also be completely wrong.

This is Nate Silver's opening paragraph from this afternoon (well after my post). It essentially has read close election with Harris having a slight lead for the last week to ten days. This verbiage gives him some new wiggle room.

Last update: 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 9. One of Trump’s better 24-hour periods in the polls lately, particularly in a pair of Quinnipiac polls that had him ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan — but a third Quinnipiac poll had Harris leading in the most important state of all, Pennsylvania. On balance, still helpful to Trump, especially since the previous Quinnipiac polls of these states had been strong for Harris. The model is skeptical for now that there’s been a major change in the race: it remains an extremely close contest.

Last edited:
I don't think that is the case. As I posted earlier, I actually believe that momentum may be building for Trump. I could also be completely wrong.

This is Nate Silver's opening paragraph from this afternoon (well after my post). It essentially has read close election with Harris having a slight lead for the last week to ten days. This verbiage gives him some new wiggle room.

Last update: 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 9. One of Trump’s better 24-hour periods in the polls lately, particularly in a pair of Quinnipiac polls that had him ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan — but a third Quinnipiac poll had Harris leading in the most important state of all, Pennsylvania. On balance, still helpful to Trump, especially since the previous Quinnipiac polls of these states had been strong for Harris. The model is skeptical for now that there’s been a major change in the race: it remains an extremely close contest.
These are the Quinnipiac Polls to which Silver is referring. If they are correct, this is a pretty dramatic swing for a polling group that has been fairly accurate over the last several cycles and most importantly, does not lean right. As Silver notes, they do show Harris ahead in PA.

He actually agrees with you. She is gaining in folks voting against her.

These are the Quinnipiac Polls to which Silver is referring. If they are correct, this is a pretty dramatic swing for a polling group that has been fairly accurate over the last several cycles and most importantly, does not lean right. As Silver notes, they do show Harris ahead in PA.

I also saw while the democrats are leading in absentee ballots they are running at about 60% of 2020 levels, no Covid restraints my be the reason for this down tic. I guess we’ll find out in a month. This was in Pennsylvania.

He actually agrees with you. She is gaining in folks voting against her.
A problem with that scan reading thing. :E Shrug: :E Shrug: :E Shrug:

Yes, @shootist~ you and I are in agreement.

Yep. Like a lot of people, I'm not "For" either one. Just (more) firmly against the Cackling Fencepost. Her side seems to be in a bit of a panic at present - at least that is my sense. Not giving interviews was working for her, but then this recent swing to more interviews. The CBS one was the killer.

Just watched DeSantis provide an update on Hurricane prep to Bret Baier. How in the world did we not choose this articulate, capable leader over a nearly eighty-year-old adolescent with a bad comb over.

Just watched DeSantis provide an update on Hurricane prep to Bret Baier. How in the world did we not choose this articulate, capable leader over a nearly eighty-year-old adolescent with a bad comb over.

It truly boggles the mind. We have qualified candidates, we simply can’t seem to elect them.

A second meme that I have to post! It is especially for all those fans of false dichotomies.

aid.jpeg

I’ll be buying that gentleman’s book(s) soon. Great video
Churchill is also worth reading. I have almost everything he wrote - in fact just found a first edition of the "River War." One I finished reading a couple of months ago that is wonderful is his autobiography of his early life published between the wars. It is a delightful and an often very funny read that covers his rather full life up until election to parliament. It was published in 1930 - a full decade before he became Prime Minister.

It was also made into an excellent movie "The Young Winston" 1972 starring Simon Ward, Ann Bancroft, and John Mills among others. It is easy to find on many of the streaming services and follows the book faithfully.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Springkids

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.