Politics

So, no semi-auto shotguns for hunting. So, only pump action shotguns for ducks?
That’s what it appears to be. It falls into the falsehood believed by way to many gun owners that “they don’t want my guns, only those black scary ones, I’ll vote for that, it’s just those weapons of war…”…… weapons of war is a catch all, there were many times in the Marine Corps I carried an Ithica “Feather Light” 12ga…….

Oi, I paid it for 53 years, and I bitched about just as much as you do, nancy.
I hear yah Mary!

I will have the same 53 years in by the time I'm supposed to be able to collect it; the difference between our generations is that my generation will have paid in and get nothing out of it.

.... Now tell me how the collapse of the system is due to (Insert whoever you didn't vote for) back in the day.

When enacted you had to exceed the average life expectancy to collect benefits, and here we are now with people collecting it with 20+ years of life remaining; and point being is we need to make changes that will effect both old and young to preserve the system we ALL paid into.

But no politician will ever touch the issue of solving this problem because if the issue is brought up the AARP voting block will start beating the war drums and chanting ...."We paid into this!"

Food for thought - in 1946 0.64% of national budget went to SS benefits, when the ratio of tax payers to beneficiary was 33:1 (Source: Social Security Administration)

Now that ratio is 3:1 and look how our budget is........
Screenshot 2024-09-27 111746.png

The SS ship is sinking.... and it's not the fault of people who are to young to have voted for either Carter or Reagan! Yet we will be the ones who are left picking up the bar tab.

But as long as you get YOU'RE check, then everything can stay in freefall...... pun intended ;)

I’ll also add that judging from your previous comments on inflation/economy/markets that you are woefully out of touch with the working class (and reality to an extent) and their concerns and therefore it’s understandable why you can’t understand how Trump is so popular with that class. @Tanks
I'll submit that I interact with working class folks and have more common interests a lot more than Trump. As a matter of fact, one of my strengths has always been being able to fraternize with the folks in the field (though conversation topics have been off-roading, hunting, fishing, sports and blondes ;) not politics or religion). Funny story, years ago we were doing an oil pipeline in Arkansas. One of my Venezuelan engineers asked me, "How come all these guys talk about is hunting and fishing, hunting and fishing?".

1727454421706.jpeg

In regard to economic concerns, we just disagree on the severity of economic situation today. I just don't think the sky is falling based on the current economic indicators. I am literally turning down multi-year projects that would require me as a "key person" on the sole-source contracts as I want to retire from active work in a couple of years.

That’s what it appears to be. It falls into the falsehood believed by way to many gun owners that “they don’t want my guns, only those black scary ones, I’ll vote for that, it’s just those weapons of war…”…… weapons of war is a catch all, there were many times in the Marine Corps I carried an Ithica “Feather Light” 12ga…….
And I don't think they can bring a 2A lawsuit as hunting firearms and ammunition is regulated by a number of States (e.g. minimum calibers, no bottlenecked ammo, slugs only for deer etc. etc.).

Wow, get ready for a wider war in Lebanon if confirmed. Hezbollah was asking Iran to attack Israel, wonder if this will change things.

One thing has changed for me. I have directed our supply chain to move away from Israel manufactured or shipped goods as I am concerned about deliveries.

Good first blush write-up and analysis from Red State on the Trump Zelensky meeting. It is good to see Trump far more mature, courteous, and, should I say - presidential, than I anticipated. I wonder if the Zelensky name callers among the loyalists will now be confused and searching for guidance and the meaning of it all. :unsure:

Last edited:
Good first blush write-up and analysis from Red State on the Trump Zelensky meeting. It is good to see Trump far more mature, courteous, and, should I say - presidential, than I anticipated. I wonder if the Zelensky name callers among the loyalists will now be confused and searching for guidance and the meaning of it all. :unsure:

Let’s hope Trump got a history lesson realizes what’s in the West’s best interests.

Let’s hope Trump got a history lesson realizes what’s in the West’s best interests.
There’s always hope, he has had a few flashes of adulthood recently but then he will revert back to some childish remark and reverse any step forward he has made.

I hear yah Mary!

I will have the same 53 years in by the time I'm supposed to be able to collect it; the difference between our generations is that my generation will have paid in and get nothing out of it.

.... Now tell me how the collapse of the system is due to (Insert whoever you didn't vote for) back in the day.

When enacted you had to exceed the average life expectancy to collect benefits, and here we are now with people collecting it with 20+ years of life remaining; and point being is we need to make changes that will effect both old and young to preserve the system we ALL paid into.

But no politician will ever touch the issue of solving this problem because if the issue is brought up the AARP voting block will start beating the war drums and chanting ...."We paid into this!"

Food for thought - in 1946 0.64% of national budget went to SS benefits, when the ratio of tax payers to beneficiary was 33:1 (Source: Social Security Administration)

Now that ratio is 3:1 and look how our budget is........
View attachment 636682

The SS ship is sinking.... and it's not the fault of people who are to young to have voted for either Carter or Reagan! Yet we will be the ones who are left picking up the bar tab.

But as long as you get YOU'RE check, then everything can stay in freefall...... pun intended ;)
Yes, it was paid in, and it was taken OUT by reckless government spending. That would be unlawful for a private pension fund, but then so would insider trading that is done by congressmen. It is pitiful. And you are right in lighting a fire under the feet of the people who caused it/kicked the can down the road--and this is only the beginning.
It should embarrass the US that a peon in Chile has a better retirement account--because their retirement accounts were privatized to prevent governmental graft and thievery!!
You are also right that no one wants to touch the problem--look at Ted Cruz held over the fire for suggesting that we increase the age of retirement. You cannot even discuss the problem or possible solutions. Just keep heading toward the cliff...

Trump's sons are Africa Hunters.

Just saying.....

Yes, it was paid in, and it was taken OUT by reckless government spending. That would be unlawful for a private pension fund, but then so would insider trading that is done by congressmen. It is pitiful. And you are right in lighting a fire under the feet of the people who caused it/kicked the can down the road--and this is only the beginning.
It should embarrass the US that a peon in Chile has a better retirement account--because their retirement accounts were privatized to prevent governmental graft and thievery!!
You are also right that no one wants to touch the problem--look at Ted Cruz held over the fire for suggesting that we increase the age of retirement. You cannot even discuss the problem or possible solutions. Just keep heading toward the cliff...
The thing that upsets me is that the “legal” immigrants from the “protected” countries of Haiti, Venezuela and Cuba get $1600 a month government assistance and many retired people drawing on SS get less than that.
I received my projected retirement figure the other day while more than that it still pisses me off after paying in for so many years that my wife and I will still be supporting these people that haven’t paid in jack shit.

Trump's sons are Africa Hunters.

Just saying.....
Maybe they’ll buy a few cargo planes and start a trophy transportation/import company so we don’t have to deal with the woke airlines! Just thinking out loud so to speak.

I still can’t fathom how a bombastic, narcissistic billionaire sold himself as the champion of the working class Americans. That is the true “Art of the Deal”.

I don't recall Trump ever "selling" any such notion... What he has sold are sound, common-sense policies that have directly benefitted working class folks... I've previously listed in detail over several posts the many reasons Trump has been embraced by working class Americans... You may not like the reasons or have the ability to relate to them personally, but the appeal is pretty easy to understand if you are indeed a working class American... Your posts historically demonstrate that you are not...

Trump is raw, and real when he speaks to people... What some of you may find vulgar, folks who make a living with dirt on their hands find relatable... Narcissism has nothing to do with his uncanny ability to relate to common people on their level... He talks like them, and most importantly he has time for them... Trump is notoriously famous for spending time on jobs sites in a hard hat spending genuine time with the workers... Trump can very naturally sit down and have a real conversation over a beer with a group of laborers... I challenge you to name one republican POTUS, or republican Presidential candidate for that matter, in the last 50 years who could pull that off without faking it...

Trump was the first Presidential candidate to call out politicians on both sides of the isle and expose D.C. for the anti-American, anti-middle class slime pit that it truly is... Working Americans see this guy, who is a billionaire and doesn't need this shit, taking unprecedented abuse and now two attempts on his life, and you really wonder why they support him?

Last edited:
Excellent idea! Write to them and give them that proposal. :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TerrenceHi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?