Politics

I hope Trump walks out in a t shirt with that picture and an "I'm speaking" caption.
I would settle for him walking out and offering a presidential contrast.

I may be wrong, but I think I am finally sensing some skepticism slipping into the MSM's coverage of the Joy and Vibe campaign. I would be curious of @Saul 's reaction, but this may be the most preposterous answer to a CNN question that I have ever heard.

I would say that there is a great deal of skepticism from the media. They ran with the “vibes” campaign line for a while because that is just what people were saying at the time and the media is such an echo chamber now with how they use social media.

The “joy” amongst Democrats is due to going from a sure election defeat with Biden to a surprisingly competitive race now with Harris. Moreover, because Trump’s lead disappeared almost immediately when Harris became the presumptive nominee underscored for many just how deeply unpopular Trump is and that this election is truly winnable.

I actually perceive the media to be particularly hostile to the Harris campaign because it generates headlines and forces constant campaign engagement with their networks.

The debate will be proof positive for me whether her campaign has adults from the Obama campaign actually in charge or if this is a glue and popsicle stick campaign. I suspect the former but we shall see.

The “joy” amongst Democrats is due to going from a sure election defeat with Biden to a surprisingly competitive race now with Harris. Moreover, because Trump’s lead disappeared almost immediately when Harris became the presumptive nominee underscored for many just how deeply unpopular Trump is and that this election is truly winnable.
I don’t think its surprising.
Anybody but Biden would be very competitive against Trump.

It is somewhat reassuring to see even a partisan democrat do the right thing. This eliminates an enormous political hurdle for Trump.

I take a different view on this delay by Merchan. The initial indictments hurt Trump. By the Mar a Lago raid, people started to see the lawfare for what it was and Trump started getting a bump. Especially when Bill Clinton was able to have his "Sock Drawer" classified info, Hillary was able to erase her server and be vindicated by Comey, Biden without being President and able to declassify information had classified information in four different locations, and the Special Prosecutor said Biden was not cognizant enough to be tried.

The lawfare against Trump is only helping him at this point by showing the two tiered justice system we now have. My thought is Merchan is delaying the sentence date, not for some noble reason, but because a sentence prior to the election will only help Trump.

PS: The video out of the Southern District of NY DOJ office yesterday saying the Merchan case is political and that is the reason SDNY refused to prosecute probably played into Merchan's decision too.

. . . The video out of the Southern District of NY DOJ office yesterday saying the Merchan case is political and that is the reason SDNY refused to prosecute probably played into Merchan's decision too.
He will on the street shortly for telling the truth and not following the company line.

How many monkey wrenches will the freedom caucus on the right and the squad on the left throw into the upcoming debate on the budget?

I would say that there is a great deal of skepticism from the media. They ran with the “vibes” campaign line for a while because that is just what people were saying at the time and the media is such an echo chamber now with how they use social media.

I actually perceive the media to be particularly hostile to the Harris campaign because it generates headlines and forces constant campaign engagement with their networks.

The debate will be proof positive for me whether her campaign has adults from the Obama campaign actually in charge or if this is a glue and popsicle stick campaign. I suspect the former but we shall see.
I think the narrative is that Trump is so unpopular, the recent media challenges to the Harris campaign are really about trying to change her public perception from an "Anything is better than Trump" candidate to a "See folks she really is a serious contender".

FYI the same people who are telling you that Harris is so popular are the same people who were saying that Biden was 100% competent just a few weeks ago.

As for the polls... Remember the Hillary 2016 landslide predictions?

An UPDATE on the firing of McCain commander Yaste. Turns out it wasnt just the goofy photo after all.

All Trump has to do at the debate is channel Tulsi Gabbard. Harris is already literally the tyrant all the left is worried Trump will become.

Harris is an empty pantsuit, just like Hillary was and is even now channeling HRC with her new phony accents she employs depending on the crowd makeup.
ABSOLUTE PHONY!
How any thinking person could consider Harris as a viable candidate is beyond me.

I think the narrative is that Trump is so unpopular, the recent media challenges to the Harris campaign are really about trying to change her public perception from an "Anything is better than Trump" candidate to a "See folks she really is a serious contender".

FYI the same people who are telling you that Harris is so popular are the same people who were saying that Biden was 100% competent just a few weeks ago.

As for the polls... Remember the Hillary 2016 landslide predictions?
I would also add that these same people were telling us that Harris was a drag on Biden and trying to figure out how to replace her on the ticket.

An UPDATE on the firing of McCain commander Yaste. Turns out it wasnt just the goofy photo after all.

It’s S.O.P. To relieve the captain after his ship runs aground, has a near miss or collision at sea.
It’s automatic. Until a full investigation is completed.

Makes more sense than beaching him over that goofy photo of the scope!

I knew there had to be more to the story.

It’s S.O.P. To relieve the captain after his ship runs aground, has a near miss or collision at sea.
It’s automatic. Until a full investigation is completed.

I don't know about an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, but when I was aboard the USS Tripoli, an LPH, she had to maintain at least 8 knots during an underway replenishment. With two ships sailing side by side, transferring fuel between decks via thick hoses, maintaining steady courses for both ships at 8 knots isn’t as easy as a land lover might think.

I wasn’t there for the USS McCain's aboarded underway replenishment but if I was, I am certainly not Surface Warfare qualified. That means I don’t know carp about sailing Naval vessels. How long does the Skipper try to maintain a steady course with faulty rudder hydraulic system? What if the USS McCain was low on fuel and without refueling might have to abandon her mission? Worse, if too low on fuel and unable to refuel underway, she would have had to be towed to port. That’s what a ship’s Captain must decide. Attempt refueling at sea and risk a collision or abandon the mission. The latter would NOT be an option. I can’t judge his decision to break away from the replenishment, but it was probably better than playing bumper cars with ships at sea!

When I had my sea legs aboard TRIPOLI, she struck a mine around 4 AM one morning. We stayed on station clearing the sea lanes for an amphibious assault of Kuwait. TRIPOLI’s fuel was however running low 5 days after her unpleasant awakening. It was just after the Desert Storm ground war commenced, she turned toward port. Reasons were that the threat of an amphibious assault was revealed to be only a decoy, and TRIPOLI could only maintain but 5 knots with a large hole below the waterline. She could not refuel underway and any longer on station, she would have had to be towed to port. I’m a Marine not a sailor but I know enough about sailors that none of them from the lowest barnacle scrubber to the most senior officers would ever want to be towed to port. Certainly neither would have the MCCAIN’s Captain.

Last edited:
That must have been a Cracker Jack damage control crew to stay on station 5 days after hitting a mine.
1725663774012.png

"Standing before a crew of heroes, six surface warriors aboard USS Tripoli (LPH 10) were decorated for their leadership during the crew's gallant efforts to save the ship after it struck an Iraqi moored contact mine in the northern Arabian Gulf in the early hours of 18 February 1991.

LCDR Stephen M. Senk, CWO2 Van C. Cavin and DCC(SW) Joseph A. Carter were awarded the Silver Star; and ICC(SW) Robert W. Murphy, GMGC(SW) William A. Werley, and AO2 David J. Witt were awarded the Bronze star by RADM S.S. Clarey, Commander Amphibious Group THREE, in a ceremony aboard Tripoli after she returned to San Diego in October."

The above is an excerpt from this artical:
http://www.damagecontrolmuseums.org/Ship_Cas_history/TRIPOLI/TRIPOLI_n.html

We Marines in our arrogance may not hold most sailors in high regard, that is until one witnesses an entire ship's crew under General Quarters "manning their battle stations" and fighting the sea. Then, each and every sailor is remarkable!

Last edited:
If I was Trump, I would tell Merchan & Smith to their face what I will do to them if I win the race.
I would rain down the thunder on both of them.....along with plenty of others.
d28d06902aa32107f63064bcf27445c8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SangWatter

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]