Politics

But somehow, Harris is fit to be president?? You are living in a dream world.
I disagree with her on most things, but I do believe that she is fit to serve as President. I cannot say the same for Trump, and certainly not for Biden.

I disagree with her on most things, but I do believe that she is fit to serve as President. I cannot say the same for Trump, and certainly not for Biden.
OK, but what is it that makes her fit for the job? Her brilliance, her command of English, her foreign policy expertise, her economic agenda, her flip flopping?
I confess I dont get it, illuminate us.
Just not liking Trump is not a reason to vote for Harris, perhaps the stupidest person to run in modern history.

I think I just lost a lot of respect for someone's opinion....

OK, but what is it that makes her fit for the job? Her brilliance, her command of English, her foreign policy expertise, her economic agenda, her flip flopping?
I confess I dont get it, illuminate us.
Just not liking Trump is not a reason to vote for Harris, perhaps the stupidest person to run in modern history.
Well it certainly helps that she is not 78…and just because she is fit to serve does not mean she will be any good at the job. Trump in 2016 was also fit to serve. Now, I do not believe that he has the temperament or fitness to do the job.

Well it certainly helps that she is not 78…and just because she is fit to serve does not mean she will be any good at the job.
Oh OK, now I get it. She is fit because she is not old. Got it, check. Roger dodger. Brilliant.

Just not liking Trump is not a reason to vote for....
I might even agree, but tell that to those that voted against him last time. It shouldn't even be close, but it is.

I might even agree, but tell that to those that voted against him last time. It shouldn't even be close, but it is.
Well there is a name for that! TDS, its rampant in America.

And why exactly should age not be a concern?
Age is always a concern, but being old isnt always a hindrance to good performance. After all we are not hiring a marathon runner, but a manager and Trump is a better manager than Harris could ever dream of being. BTW.
Was age an issue for you when you voted for Biden?

Age is always a concern, but being old isnt always a hindrance to good performance. After all we are not hiring a marathon runner, but a manager and Trump is a better manager than Harris could ever dream of being. BTW.
Was age an issue for you when you voted for Biden?
Fair enough, but it seems to me that age has become a hindrance for Trump.

Biden’s age was always a concern, but I will admit that I did not give it enough consideration in 2020, though it became bad enough that I viewed it as disqualifying. This is not a situation I am keen on repeating.

Fair enough, but it seems to me that age has become a hindrance for Trump.

Biden’s age was always a concern, but I will admit that I did not give it enough consideration in 2020, though it became bad enough that I viewed it as disqualifying. This is not a situation I am keen on repeating.
Saul, you have gone all around this now from fitness to age, admitting you voted for Biden despite his age which IIRC was the same as Trump is now, but only in retrospect did age become an issue.

Is Trump as sharp as he was 5 years ago? Probably not, are you? I am now 71 and I know age does things to us that we dont like, CRS disease comes to mind!

But what this all boils down to I fear is TDS, you have it badly and you will vote for anyone but Trump and loudly sing their virtues, all the while knowing that they have none, it being enough that they are not Trump.

Got it.

Saul, you have gone all around this now from fitness to age, admitting you voted for Biden despite his age which IIRC was the same as Trump is now, but only in retrospect did age become an issue.

Is Trump as sharp as he was 5 years ago? Probably not, are you? I am now 71 and I know age does things to us that we dont like, CRS disease comes to mind!

But what this all boils down to I fear is TDS, you have it badly and you will vote for anyone but Trump and loudly sing their virtues, all the while knowing that they have none, it being enough that they are not Trump.

Got it.
Age is an important part of fitness. But you also chose to ignore that I pointed to Trump’s foreign policy and unreliability as reasons not to vote for him.

I hardly think I am loudly singing the virtues of Harris. In fact, my hope is that we will get a Republican Congress to stymie her agenda.

And to be clear, anyone who does not support Trump has “TDS?” I guess it is easier to dismiss criticism of Trump when one can claim that those critics are “deranged.”

Age is an important part of fitness. But you also chose to ignore that I pointed to Trump’s foreign policy and unreliability as reasons not to vote for him.

I hardly think I am loudly singing the virtues of Harris. In fact, my hope is that we will get a Republican Congress to stymie her agenda.

And to be clear, anyone who does not support Trump has “TDS?” I guess it is easier to dismiss criticism of Trump when one can claim that those critics are “deranged.”
There is no such thing as a perfect president or any politician. One need sort thru the chaff to find whats important.
In my view and many others, Harris has about zero experience for the job and no redeeming values to offer to the job, none, zip, zero, nada, nothing.
Trump has done the job, successfully and his line of thinking is much more in line with most folks like you will find here. The basic premise that he follows as president, is America first, period.

He is hated by the left and the right for being the anti politician, given the opportunity, he could do much to clean up DC, but neither side wants him to do that, and undercut their cush gigs and forever perks and fat cat pensions they will nurture for as long as they can.

Vote for Harris if it makes you feel better, but it wont help our country any, I guarantee you that.

There is no such thing as a perfect president or any politician. One need sort thru the chaff to find whats important.
In my view and many others, Harris has about zero experience for the job and no redeeming values to offer to the job, none, zip, zero, nada, nothing.
Trump has done the job, successfully and his line of thinking is much more in line with most folks like you will find here. The basic premise that he follows as president, is America first, period.

He is hated by the left and the right for being the anti politician, given the opportunity, he could do much to clean up DC, but neither side wants him to do that, and undercut their cush gigs and forever perks and fat cat pensions they will nurture for as long as they can.

Vote for Harris if it makes you feel better, but it wont help our country any, I guarantee you that.
Fair enough. There is certainly an argument to be made for the fact that Trump was already president and the world did not end as many on the left claimed it would.

Frankly, I do not believe that a Harris presidency will greatly help our country, nor do I think that it will be anywhere near the catastrophe that many on the right claim. Still, it is my belief that the potential damage of a Trump presidency on our standing in the world should be allow Russia to defeat Ukraine will be irreparable.

Fair enough. There is certainly an argument to be made for the fact that Trump was already president and the world did not end as many on the left claimed it would.

Frankly, I do not believe that a Harris presidency will greatly help our country, nor do I think that it will be anywhere near the catastrophe that many on the right claim. Still, it is my belief that the potential damage of a Trump presidency on our standing in the world should be allow Russia to defeat Ukraine will be irreparable.

I do appreciate you voicing what you knew would be an unpopular opinion. However, playing devils advocate, I believe the Harris Administration will continue down a path that will enable Iran to build a nuclear weapon, to me that is a greater risk than what plays out in Russia. But I also believe Russia doesn't have the current capacity to defeat Ukraine.

I hear this a lot about Russia and Ukraine and how it will be all Trumps fault if Russia prevails in the end because of some badly chosen words some time back. Frankly I think Trump could bring this to a close if given the chance but I am not sure he will be given the chance even if elected.

I think Russia may prevail in the end regardless who is president. But here is a question most dont ask. At what point in our support of Ukraine do we pull back? Do we keep fueling the effort with money and goods? Putin is nothing if not stubborn and trying to envision him just admitting defeat, turning tail and going home is real hard to imagine.
What if that isnt enough? US boots on the ground? Advisory capacity? Starting to sound familiar, MACV anyone?
Its all well and good to sit here with no risk and just keep sending someone else's money and guns "over there", but if that isnt doing the job, what then?

I do appreciate you voicing what you knew would be an unpopular opinion. However, playing devils advocate, I believe the Harris Administration will continue down a path that will enable Iran to build a nuclear weapon, to me that is a greater risk than what plays out in Russia. But I also believe Russia doesn't have the current capacity to defeat Ukraine.
I do not think you are playing devils advocate, as those are both very valid concerns. I am nowhere near knowledgeable enough on either Iran or Russia’s current military capabilities to give a satisfying answer.

Iran with nuclear weapons would be an existential threat, and I am afraid that they may have already reached a point where there is nothing we can do without direct military involvement.

Russia has certainly exposed itself as being quite less formidable a fighting force than I imagined, but as long as they continue being comfortable throwing hundreds of thousands of lives into the meat grinder, I see an eventual Russian victory as likely unless we continue supplying Ukraine.

Iran with nuclear weapons would be an existential threat, and I am afraid that they may have already reached a point where there is nothing we can do without direct military involvement.

Russia has certainly exposed itself as being quite less formidable a fighting force than I imagined, but as long as they continue being comfortable throwing hundreds of thousands of lives into the meat grinder, I see an eventual Russian victory as likely unless we continue supplying Ukraine

These are both valid points that we will only know in hindsight someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesHow

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]