Politics

I believe certain things should be made in the US. Look at what happened with the chip shortage, you couldn't find a new car/truck anywhere. Thousands of vehicles sat in parking lots because they didn't have this chip.

So, if China makes so many things for us, does that mean that China can cripple us at any given time? I agree with some of the comments, on why are we helping our enemy get bigger & stronger.

Regarding chips, absolutely vehicles sat at the factories waiting on them. Automobiles have LOTS of chips in them now, not just one. The chip shortage was an overall effect from Covid when everything was in short supply. I don't believe the factories were intentionally holding back, if they were they were ultimately hurting themselves more than their customers.

Having said that, our gov't finally did wake up to how important semiconductor manufacturing is and passed the CHIPS act in 2022. This act incentivized companies, and not just US own semiconductor companies to build factories here in the USA.

Is Tucker Carlson even relevant anymore?

Elon Musk often seems to be the only person defending true freedom of speech. It seems Europe is determined to remind the rest of us that the US is the only country with a working Bill of Rights..... at least until the left gets it's way here and shuts down anything that does not promote their narrative.
I agree - particularly in the UK at the moment. I am still waiting to see the actual charges that are being filed by France.

It is like Tucker, who I once watched regularly, has been subsumed by some alien conspiracy consciousness. Were it just banana fringe opinions that he wanted to promulgate, then that would be one thing. But whether the war in Ukraine, the economy, corporate governance or a host of other subjects, he spreads absolute falsehoods now as well. His attacks on Nikki Haley were particularly bizarre. By the way, Rush Limbaugh nicknamed Tucker - Chatsworth Osborn, Jr.

Steve Franken as Chatsworth Osborn :cool: There is a similarity that is hard to ignore
steve-franken.jpg

This whole social media content thing is going to continue to be a problem. I think it has demonstrated that it clearly does have the power to mold public opinion and galvanize action. Some of those opinions and some of those actions can clearly be harmful to the state, the culture, and individuals. I am fairly certain the vast majority of Americans would find chopping the body parts off of children abhorrent were it not for the power of "free speech" exploited by organized activists on social media.

The question of course is who gets to be the hall monitor. I have a feeling a national level @BRICKBURN will be difficult to locate.

Last edited:
Regarding chips, absolutely vehicles sat at the factories waiting on them. Automobiles have LOTS of chips in them now, not just one. The chip shortage was an overall effect from Covid when everything was in short supply. I don't believe the factories were intentionally holding back, if they were they were ultimately hurting themselves more than their customers.

Having said that, our gov't finally did wake up to how important semiconductor manufacturing is and passed the CHIPS act in 2022. This act incentivized companies, and not just US own semiconductor companies to build factories here in the USA.

That is my point, and I understand that COVID was to blame for the shortage. However, if COVID did that to our industry, how about a malicious act from China's part. Again, certain things should be done here in the US, not by our enemy China.

Ukraine has started to hit Russian electric substations.

That’s what Pavel Luzin, a Non-Resident Senior Fellow with the Democratic Resilience Program at the Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA), said in an exclusive CEPA press briefing held recently, which Rigzone was invited to.

In the briefing, Luzin pointed out that these were “not the biggest electric power facilities but electric network connectors and so on”. He highlighted that a “Russian long-term problem is that the system of electric network is very fragile and … vulnerable”.

Luzin warned in the briefing that “maybe some regions in Russia, especially in the Russian south, will face a lack of electricity this winter”.

He also stated in the briefing that he thinks this upcoming winter “can be the first winter when people on the Russian side will feel more harder times than people on the Ukrainian side because, currently, Russia lost the biggest fuel storage facility in Rostov-on-Don region”.

That is my point, and I understand that COVID was to blame for the shortage. However, if COVID did that to our industry, how about a malicious act from China's part. Again, certain things should be done here in the US, not by our enemy China.

No argument here, my post was simply to inform that at least in semiconductors the gov't has seen that. A bit late perhaps, but better late than never.

Last edited:
maybe we're all just still in Plato's cave staring at the wall shadows and Candace, Tucker, and others have left the cave and the world really is run by lizard people and pedos. :A Stirring:

Thankfully, I have gin.

As I only own property in the USA, and can’t vote, I can only express an opinion. I believe that the USA needs a run of Republican government to right the ship. Outside looking in, I believe that you need to elect Trump now and clear him out of the way for a future candidate to grab the reins in 2028 for an additional, hopefully, 12 years of prosperity.

Honest question here... Is there any value to adding Waltz to the ticket?

MN had ALWAYS voted blue. You don't pick up anything from MN, where they maybe could have from a swing state. His handling of Covid, BLM riots, voting record, spending, increased crime rates, etc will all be so easy to attack.

Is he simply a martyr that they are throwing on the ticket so that they can preserve some "better" candidate in the future? One they actually hope to run successfully in the future?

Beyond pushing their agenda even further to the left, is there any upside to campaign? I'm struggling to see any reasoning on why he was selected. Did he endorse her during her early (failed) presidential run? Outside of the riots, he really doesn't have any National brand/positioning.

What am I missing? Is this a simple way to lose to Trump and blame a bad ticket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandonligon

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa