Politics

I have some conserns about Trump if he should win.. My greatest consern is his ability to handle the Ukraine war.. There is so much at stake here.. If Ukraine should collapse Putin will no doubt eraise it as a nation and make it a part of Russia with a stroke of a pen..albeit with a phony election as Crimea..

Then Europe/NATO will have a major problem..

You americans have to understand this..all western Europe NATO states are now rearming...munition plants are running 24-7 to supply Ukraine needs and to replenish their own ammo stocks..

Major states as Poland and Germany are expanding their armies, etc. etc.

Trump´s earlier demands that Europe should provide more to NATO is happening..and then some..

So..how do you predict Trump will handle Ukraine if he should win and the situation is more or less like now on the battlefield..?
I predict that the minute he is voted in and before he even takes office he will pick up a phone and end the madness!

RFK jr. Suspends campaign, endorsing Trump, and blasting the Democrats.
I want to listen to him, but damn, he sounds like someone who gargles with broken glass. Painful to listen to him speak
He has a neurological disorder called spasmodic dysphoria that apparently occurred later in life that causes him to have a raspy voice and had surgery to improve it somewhat. He says he can’t stand his own voice either!

He has a neurological disorder called spasmodic dysphoria that apparently occurred later in life that causes him to have a raspy voice and had surgery to improve it somewhat. He says he can’t stand his own voice either!
And I actually think he is very well spoken and doesn’t need a teleprompter

@Pondoro
I’m well known here and I’m a man of my word! So…. If Trump wins, which I believe that he will, I will bet you $100 cash that the war ends before he is sworn in!
It’s right here for all to see!
And if I lose I will pay right now? Up for the bet?

I am in.. !

But I fear that the ukrainians will be the ones paying for such swift ending of the war..

Unlike the weakness projected by the Biden administration (Jake Sullivan and Anthony Blinken), I believe Trump ends this war by doing nothing. When Russia calls and says we have intel the Ukrainians are planning XYZ, we want you to stop it. Trump simple says, you should call them, this isn't a war with us or with NATO, good luck. He also takes the handcuffs off Ukraine and says they purchased the weapons, they can use them as they see fit.

US stops playing the scared puppet master and stops dictating how Ukrainians should defend themselves. I think both would give the Russian significant pause.

Also, just to be funny can you imagine Putin calling Kamala and her saying, "there is great significance in the passage of time, and now we can be unburden by what has been".

I am in.. !

But I fear that the ukrainians will be the ones paying for such swift ending of the war..
Well, we've all seen what a swell job the current regime is doing with it.
What we really need is some good strong leadership out of Norway, right? Then maybe we'd know who YOUR leader is.

I have not kept up with what Trump has actually said regarding ending the war. All I have heard is that it wouldn't have happened if he was in power and that he would end it within 24 hours if he is elected.

What if his way of ending it (once elected) is to publicly announce that he is giving Ukraine unlimited weapons, the latest and greatest, allowing them to use them in Russia and is sending a fleet to back them up in logistics and launching points. I'm sure it wouldn't take Russia long to back down if they have to face a well supplied and trained Ukraine that is FULLY backed by the USA.

I think the supposition is that he'll force Ukraine to the negotiating table and force them to surrender/concede territory. But you know what they say about assumptions...

What has he ACTUALLY said his plan is?

Regarding "woke" Harley-Davidson and other corporations, you need to understand that there presently isn't much downside to woke in general from a profit perspective.

It comes down to what the left calls racism, and what the sane people call "in group bias". People prefer their own groups. If we call this racist, we can actually measure it. Whites in the USA are the least prone to in-group bias. That is why we really didn't change our buying habits when every commercial excludes whites, replacing them with DEI-focused characters. White's thick-skin and general acceptance of others has been leveraged by all corporations for the past 30 years.

So if you ignore the white population, they still buy your products. The opposite is not true whatsoever, hispanics and blacks have strong in-group preferences and that is why nearly 100% of McDonald's advertisements have featured their ethnicities for the past 30 years.

So, back to woke. Woke is an attempt to placate a market segment that is typically unwilling to buy your products. Whitey is going to buy his chopper, but in HD's situation the average demographic of the 55 year old white-hetero-male is dying out. Thus, HD has nothing to lose by shifting to woke hoping to pick up new customers. They got away with it for the past 15 years without as much as a sneer from their typical customers, because again, whites typically have the least amount of in-group bias. HD's desperate plans included a commitment to electric bikes which is just laughable when you consider their core strengths, but their customers just ignored and avoided that product line. Not a single Hell's Angels chapter complained when HD was doing LGBTQI+ recruitment, supplier outreach, or other "woke" gestures for the past 15 years.

The problem is eventually an activist casts sunshine on a corporation and the gig is up. HD's malfeasance has gone on for decades unchecked by their core customers that were too busy having fun on the open roads. But now we are doing an audit of their practices for the first time in the 21st century and its going to do them in.

Most companies "want it all" and they are willing to disrespect their loyal/core clients in an attempt to get market hegemony. In HD's case, they didn't market to new demographics that "they too can pretend to be outlaws, own big iron, and have freedom on the open roads". Instead, they tried to make gay bikes for gay people and eco bikes for eco people...all while forgetting to onboard the son's and daughter's of the market that supported them the past 100+ years.
Well summarized Rook. Another company that has desperately tried to reach other markets is closer to our subject and that is Purdey guns. Their adverts went decidedly woke a while back, man buns and the like. And more focused upon the clothing, not a gun in sight. You will recall that Holland and Holland did the same in the Chanel era and it killed them off.
I am pleased to see that Rigby and Westley Richards have stuck to the Africa image, the market has shrunk and some of the old companies will fall by the wayside, or necessarily shrink. But I contend that diluting to appeal to all and forsake your core will be fatal in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerlaCrane

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!