Politics

Incompetence has been the norm for the Biden Administration. Can't wait to see what Que Mala's administration will be like should she be elected.

Sadly a process repeating over and over, so now predictable. Angry, dopey Joe yelling during speech about “1 million new jobs created”. MSM reports, regurgitates same. This morning alternative media reveals (whichever deep state agency reports these numbers) a corrected number for new jobs created… corrected downward by, IIRC, 818K! Of course MSM and Dems silent so the majority of the low info sheeple remain none the wiser. This same pattern has repeated itself, like clockwork, under every Dem admin…. at least in recent memory… at least since Slick Willie and BHO.

These are the same people that drive around by themselves with a mask on in their car and during the eclipse last year had to be reminded not to stare directly at the damn sun.
but..but they own guns and hunt to...just like us. so they gotta be ok......what a crock. anybody that votes for what the dems stand for .....should not be trusted with anything...bob

I almost hate to intrude on the exchange of pithy one liners about democrats, but along with grabbing an ever larger piece of the Kursk region of Russia, Ukraine has carried out a couple of highly destructive attacks against the Russian Air Force. In so doing, over a forty-eight hour period they destroyed or damaged as much as a third of Russia's MIG 31 inventory. This is significant, because the aircraft is designed to carry Russia's hypersonic missile which also makes it a key component of Russian first strike nuclear capability. Also due to rather spectacular destruction of the weapons storage facilities on these bases, Ukraine also eliminated a significant number of these rare and expensive missiles.

This video gives a feel for the scale of the destruction at the Marinovka military airfield which is the primary MIG 31K airbase. It is located in the Volgograd region of southern Russia, supposedly a safe distance from the front line. The video was taken and posted by a Russian civilian in the area.

I am not an air force veteran, but that much burning and exploding on a military airfield is not generally considered a good thing.

The other airfield hit was Savasleyka Air Base located some four hundred miles from the Ukrainian border. There Ukraine is claiming the destruction of another MIG 31K and two IL 76 transports and damage to numerous other airframes. The video below captures one of the drones utilized in the attack striking the flight line.

Finally, they also hit another oil storage facility in the Rostov region. It has now been burning for four days.

Last edited:
I almost hate to intrude on the exchange of pithy one liners about democrats, but along with grabbing and ever larger piece of the Kursk region of Russia, Ukraine has carried out a couple of highly destructive attacks against the Russian Air Force. In so doing, over a forty-eight hour period they destroyed are damaged as much as a third of Russia's MIG 31 inventory. This is significant, because the aircraft is designed to carry Russia's hypersonic missile. Also due to rather spectacular destruction of the weapons storage facilities on these bases, Ukraine also eliminated a significant number of these rare and expensive missiles.

This video gives a feel for the scale of the destruction at the Marinovka military airfield which is the primary MIG 31K airbase. It is located in the Volgograd region of southern Russia, supposedly a safe distance from the front line. The video was taken and posted by a Russian civilian in the area.

I am not an air force veteran, but that much burning and exploding on a military airfield is not generally considered a good thing.

The other airfield hit was Savasleyka Air Base located some four hundred miles from the Ukrainian border. There Ukraine is claiming the destruction of another MIG 31K and two IL 76 transports and damage to numerous other airframes. The video below captures one of the drones utilized in the attack striking the flight line.

Finally, they also hit another oil storage facility in the Rostov region. It has now been burning for four days.

Impressive. The tanks in the terminal appear fully involved. If they had floating roofs they have sunk. Before the roof sinks it’s relatively easy to put out a fire if the tank is equipped with foam dams and risers. Once the roof sinks the foam requirement for successful suppression goes up exponentially. At this point the involved tanks are a total loss. They may be able to save some oil by pumping it out from below the fire. Odd that I can’t see any evidence of fire suppression activity in the photo. Am I just missing it?

I almost hate to intrude on the exchange of pithy one liners about democrats, but along with grabbing an ever larger piece of the Kursk region of Russia, Ukraine has carried out a couple of highly destructive attacks against the Russian Air Force. In so doing, over a forty-eight hour period they destroyed are damaged as much as a third of Russia's MIG 31 inventory. This is significant, because the aircraft is designed to carry Russia's hypersonic missile which makes it a key component of Russian first strike nuclear capability. Also due to rather spectacular destruction of the weapons storage facilities on these bases, Ukraine also eliminated a significant number of these rare and expensive missiles.

Truth be told, nowadays the Ukraine updates have become my primary reason for looking at this thread.

That, and the memes... ;-)

I think you are actually down playing how well Ukraine is doing right now. The are taking and fortifying huge amounts of land in Kursk. They are taking 2 or 3 villages every day and have the logistic support to rotate troops to keep pushing.

Additionally, conveys of Russian troops that have been coming to support have been getting blown up in en route. As well as Russians being confused and having multiple incidents of friendly fire. Not to mentioned Ukraine is capturing 1000s of Russian troops. The Kursk initiative has really demonstrated the incompetence of the Russian Army. Not to mention the Russian Army is robbing and looting their own people who have evacuated. Not sure how much longer they can hide in their own propaganda. With Ukraine occupying this terroritory is actually creates huge logistical issues for Russia as well. Which even if Ukraine is eventually pushed out, the damage will be done.

The Russians are still running a meat grinder at a couple of the front lines, and losing over 1000 troops a day. If you Ukraine can establish some regional air superiority, in combination with Russia losing their ability to just artillery bomb everything, Russia could be in for a very rude awaken.

Impressive. The tanks in the terminal appear fully involved. If they had floating roofs they have sunk. Before the roof sinks it’s relatively easy to put out a fire if the tank is equipped with foam dams and risers. Once the roof sinks the foam requirement for successful suppression goes up exponentially. At this point the involved tanks are a total loss. They may be able to save some oil by pumping it out from below the fire. Odd that I can’t see any evidence of fire suppression activity in the photo. Am I just missing it?
I can't imagine how to address this sort of conflagration. It has been raging for days now with another storage tank exploding every few hours.

Heard the fire has been so bad they are sending in Priests/Religious figures to the fire to pray that it will stop.

My guess is they do not adhere to the same safety standards as the US.

I think you are actually down playing how well Ukraine is doing right now. The are taking and fortifying huge amounts of land in Kursk. They are taking 2 or 3 villages every day and have the logistic support to rotate troops to keep pushing.

Additionally, conveys of Russian troops that have been coming to support have been getting blown up in en route. As well as Russians being confused and having multiple incidents of friendly fire. Not to mentioned Ukraine is capturing 1000s of Russian troops. The Kursk initiative has really demonstrated the incompetence of the Russian Army. Not to mention the Russian Army is robbing and looting their own people who have evacuated. Not sure how much longer they can hide in their own propaganda. With Ukraine occupying this terroritory is actually creates huge logistical issues for Russia as well. Which even if Ukraine is eventually pushed out, the damage will be done.

The Russians are still running a meat grinder at a couple of the front lines, and losing over 1000 troops a day. If you Ukraine can establish some regional air superiority, in combination with Russia losing their ability to just artillery bomb everything, Russia could be in for a very rude awaken.
It will be interesting to see what happens to the Russian troops trapped on the south side of the Seym River in Kursk. The UA destroyed the only three permanent bridges to them, and have been attacking the the engineer units attempting to set up a pontoon bridge very effectively. The one strike is clearly by ATACMS missiles with submunitions. I hope that didn't cause bedwetting incident with Jake Sullivan. That target was clearly on Russian territory.

I simply can't believe that Vlad is getting any sort of accurate situation updates from the battlefield.

I can't imagine how to address this sort of conflagration. It has been raging for days now with another storage tank exploding every few hours.

You compartmentalize and work from the outside in. If you can’t suppress a tank you pump as much oil out as possible, add water to try to save the bottom ring or two, and then let the remaining fuel burn out. Adjacent tanks may or may not need cooling water depending on design and contents. I would be moving oil away from all adjacent tanks and moving water in as a precaution. You inventory your foam and reserve it for suppression you know can be successful. If you apply 95% of the required foam to a situation you may as well just piss on it. It’s a big job and you’ve got to know what you’re up to. I can’t see any evidence of this activity in the photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edvbg6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!