Politics

Extrapolating the trend, Kamala gets elected POTUS. Just when you think it can’t get worse, it does.
I could see that happening. You would think that society as a whole would get smarter. Brainless indoctrination seems to be tne new norm. Part of the Marxist playbook in action.

Interesting question I’m curious about - if you could add another to Mt Rushmore - who would it be?

I don’t know the US presidents enough to think who’s worthy.

Millard Fillmore.

I will push back a little on this. I think the general belief amongst the progressive left is that robust support for lower and working class will lead to a much higher quality of life for the average person. However, this requires that economic activity will continue to grow unabated by such policies, which I think is wrong. In that sense, you are correct.
I disbelieve that people like the Clintons, Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer give 2 shits about the working class. Maybe Joe Manchin does, but he's the only one that comes to mind.

Even if they do believe it, they all support Keynesianism, which has been thoroughly debunked. Any economist worth his paycheck is a supply-sider.

Interesting question I’m curious about - if you could add another to Mt Rushmore - who would it be?

I don’t know the US presidents enough to think who’s worthy.
Calvin Coolidge. If Warren Harding had survived, I expect he ought to be up there as well.

Wasn’t it recently stated by more than a few progressives that we should do away with Mount Rushmore? Now good old Nancy herself thinks an inept president should go on there.

But no. Because Kemp would not lie for him or disrupt Georgia's electoral process during the 2020 election, Trump decided it was more important to attack Kemp, and by extension his republican supporters, than to focus on unity of the party against Harris.

Biden won Georgia by less than 12,000 votes. Trump wasn't asking Kemp to lie for him. Trump was asking Kemp to uphold Georgia law. As part of Trump's suit, the following had been found in two counties as I recall.

15,000+ votes from vacant houses per USPS.
30,000+ votes cast from former houses the voters no longer lived in which was illegal per Georgia law.
There were thousands of other questionable ballots in the lawsuit, details of which I don't remember offhand.

That is what Trump was telling Kemp to look into.

As of a couple of months ago, Raffensperger and Kemp have still never looked into this.

I will push back a little on this. I think the general belief amongst the progressive left is that robust support for lower and working class will lead to a much higher quality of life for the average person. However, this requires that economic activity will continue to grow unabated by such policies, which I think is wrong. In that sense, you are correct.

Fundamentally the left believes the optimal solution is achieved with central control, the right believes in dispersed control (personal freedom). I come down very hard on the side of personal freedom and dispersed decision rights. I believe that Frederic Bastiat, Hayek and Von Mises got it exactly right.

To believe that central control yields a better result requires that we ignore all objective economic outcomes in the world to date.

Biden won Georgia by less than 12,000 votes. Trump wasn't asking Kemp to lie for him. Trump was asking Kemp to uphold Georgia law. As part of Trump's suit, the following had been found in two counties as I recall.

15,000+ votes from vacant houses per USPS.
30,000+ votes cast from former houses the voters no longer lived in which was illegal per Georgia law.
There were thousands of other questionable ballots in the lawsuit, details of which I don't remember offhand.

That is what Trump was telling Kemp to look into.

As of a couple of months ago, Raffensperger and Kemp have still never looked into this.
The Governor and Lieutenant Governor would disagree because they certified the election - their responsibility and not Trump's. It doesn't matter what you, me, or Trump now think about it. That election is over, and the American electorate has also moved on. Trump would do the country, himself, his party, and his chances an enormous favor by focusing on the one that will take place in November of this year, the candidate he is opposing, and enlarging his base of support. Attacking a governor who is far more popular than he is in a critical swing state is simply s t u p i d. This sort of idiocy only resonates with the true believers who will support him regardless whatever next emerges from his mouth or phone.

More bizarrely, Kemp had already endorsed Trump prior to this latest incomprehensible screed..

The Governor and Lieutenant Governor would disagree because they certified the election - their responsibility and not Trump's. It doesn't matter what you or Trump now think about it. That election is over, and the American electorate has also moved on. Trump would do the country, himself, his party, and his chances an enormous favor by focusing on the one that will take place in November of this year, the candidate he is opposing, and enlarging his base of support. Attacking a governor who is far more popular than he is in a critical swing state is simply s t u p i d. This sort of idiocy only resonates with the true believers who will support him whatever next emerges from his mouth or phone.

More bizarrely, Kemp had already endorsed Trump prior to this latest incomprehensible screed..

You posted
But no. Because Kemp would not lie for him or disrupt Georgia's electoral process during the 2020 election,

This is what I was responding to. In nothing I remember did Trump ever ask Kemp to lie for him. He asked/demanded that Kemp and Raffensperger uphold Georgia law. Perhaps there is something I missed or don't remember. What specifically did Trump ask Kemp to lie about?

I disbelieve that people like the Clintons, Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer give 2 shits about the working class. Maybe Joe Manchin does, but he's the only one that comes to mind.

Even if they do believe it, they all support Keynesianism, which has been thoroughly debunked. Any economist worth his paycheck is a supply-sider.
How does one measure whether a politician truly cares about the working class? Personally, I find such an exercise to be futile.

Fundamentally the left believes the optimal solution is achieved with central control, the right believes in dispersed control (personal freedom). I come down very hard on the side of personal freedom and dispersed decision rights. I believe that Frederic Bastiat, Hayek and Von Mises got it exactly right.

To believe that central control yields a better result requires that we ignore all objective economic outcomes in the world to date.
I do not disagree. As with everything, it is all a matter of degrees, and the progressive left adheres far too closely to central control. I think that they truly believe that their policies will improve quality of life, specifically for the lower half of the income distribution. However, a full bore adoption of their policies would invariably lead to such economic slowdown that actually improving quality of life would be an impossibility.

How does one measure whether a politician truly cares about the working class? Personally, I find such an exercise to be futile.

I do not disagree. As with everything, it is all a matter of degrees, and the progressive left adheres far too closely to central control. I think that they truly believe that their policies will improve quality of life, specifically for the lower half of the income distribution. However, a full bore adoption of their policies would invariably lead to such economic slowdown that actually improving quality of life would be an impossibility.

You are more gracious than I. Their thesis is so flawed as regards wealth creation and the general good, that I can only assume that their true goal is control, at any cost.

I’ve heard liberals say many times that they want to grow the economy from the bottom up, my question to them would be , how many jobs have you ever gotten from a poor person? Politicians not wit standing , many are voted in by poor people.

You are more gracious than I. Their thesis is so flawed as regards wealth creation and the general good, that I can only assume that their true goal is control, at any cost.
The progressive left does not think that they are seeking control because they believe that with the right policies, all social problems will vanish, and with it all dissent. As with any utopian worldview, things tend to get rather ugly when complications arise.

I’ve heard liberals say many times that they want to grow the economy from the bottom up, my question to them would be , how many jobs have you ever gotten from a poor person? Politicians not wit standing , many are voted in by poor people.
It is deeply rooted in the labor movement and the income growth experienced during the height of union power.

The progressive left has also embraced the environmentalist idea that unfettered economic growth and the modern western lifestyle is environmentally unsustainable. That’s not a path forward to improving quality of life for the poor or lower middle class whom they want to push into public mass transit and multi family housing blocks.

Shouldn’t the vaccinated be dead as well?

Our new doctor here in Texas is the Director of emergency medicine at a local hospital. He asserts that 1/3rd of their walk-ins are suffering from ailments directly in response to having gotten the Covid-19 "vaccine".

I'm not saying the vaccinated are dying off, although my youngest sister did. But they are not all living happily ever after and the details are not being dispersed to the public.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe they USED to be for the lower and working classes....but can you say that with a straight face now?

The Governor and Lieutenant Governor would disagree because they certified the election - their responsibility and not Trump's. It doesn't matter what you, me, or Trump now think about it. That election is over, and the American electorate has also moved on. Trump would do the country, himself, his party, and his chances an enormous favor by focusing on the one that will take place in November of this year, the candidate he is opposing, and enlarging his base of support. Attacking a governor who is far more popular than he is in a critical swing state is simply s t u p i d. This sort of idiocy only resonates with the true believers who will support him regardless whatever next emerges from his mouth or phone.

I've personally had enough of talk like this.

If all you can do is call anyone who supports Trump names, maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself. Calling people names is EXACTLY what you accuse Trump of, which make you a HYPOCRITE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
healerzada

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available