Politics

Hopefully Harris chooses Shapiro today. Because there are a lot of single issue, Arab voters in Dearborn Michigan that will stay home. and she needs them to win Michigan
But which way will Pennsylvania go now?

@Saul will Jews now finally vote overwhelmingly Republican this cycle?

It was just announced that Harris picked Tim Walz, Governor of Minnesota as her running mate.

Potential good news for Minnesota if we get about anyone else for Governor that thT piece of crap. All the draconian stuff that Governors did during Covid-19, Walz did in spades. Closed our small town hardware stores but all the big box stores stayed open. He had undercover agents setting traps to arrest small cafe and bar owners who didn't strictly enforce masking rules but his lax oversight of Federal Covid-19 relief funds led to over $250,000,000.00 meant to go towards feeding children to be embezzled.
Sounds like Harris is going to pick Minnesota gov Walz as her running mate. Can a ticket get much more left than this one?
Sounds like Harris is going to pick Minnesota gov Walz as her running mate. Can a ticket get much more left than this one?
I think this is good news for the Trump campaign. Shapiro would have been a far more appealing choice for the swing voter and might have carried PA for Harris. It would be interesting to know if the choice was driven by the Hamas wing of the party or fears for the labor vote in the blue wall.

Not a good choice, for her election chances?
Honestly, I am not sure how it will play with voters. I am of the opinion that VP has very little overall impact on the election unless disastrously bad. However, Harris already has reasonably strong support amongst progressives, so she needs to secure more moderate voters, especially in the must-win Pennsylvania. I do not see Walz helping her do this.

Personally, what I find troubling about the Walz pick is that it signals to me that her campaign is very much listening to the loud activist progressives on the internet who have been pushing Walz and slandering Shapiro. On the other hand, it could signal that she plans to pivot to some more moderate positions at the convention and Walz was picked to give her political cover with the progressive base. Either way, we will have to wait and see.

For what it is worth, I would have picked Shapiro.

Personally, what I find troubling about the Walz pick is that it signals to me that her campaign is very much listening to the loud activist progressives on the internet who have been pushing Walz and slandering Shapiro.

Compared to Harris, Walz is a moderate.. Im guessing she thinks he appeals more to the middle than she does and that he will help her campaign..

Harris still very much believes "everybody needs to be more woke!"

Meanwhile in the country formerly known as Great Britain, wrongthink gets you a visit from the police and more time in jail (or gaol) than a rapist.

1722950747377.png

But which way will Pennsylvania go now?

@Saul will Jews now finally vote overwhelmingly Republican this cycle?
While I cannot speak for all Jewish voters, it certainly will give many pause. The nakedly antisemitic attacks against Shapiro were certainly revealing. There was also great fear that if she had picked Shapiro, it would have led to an all-out antisemitic rift within the party. Maybe not great if you only want to win the election, but I and many others want the antisemitic left to be fully exposed and excised from the party. By not picking Shapiro, it allows that faction to remain.

For Republicans to win a majority support of Jewish voters, it will require more of an effort to distance the party from the fringe right wing. People like Nick Fuentes and MTG just to name two are highly corrosive to any good will that the GOP might be gaining with the Jewish electorate.

Meanwhile in the country formerly known as Great Britain, wrongthink gets you a visit from the police and more time in jail (or gaol) than a rapist.

View attachment 624617
The ultimate goal of global progressives is to crush freedom of speech, and control the narrative.

Compared to Harris, Walz is a moderate.. Im guessing she thinks he appeals more to the middle than she does and that he will help her campaign..

Harris still very much believes "everybody needs to be more woke!"
I am not so sure that Walz, at least in his current iteration, is more moderate. He seems to me to be very much in the mold of Sanders.

Walz is being touted as being from Rural Minnesota and as such must represent rural ideals..... During his campaign for Governor he actually made a statement that he didn't need the support of the generally conservative rural Minnesotans and that Northern Minnesota was just the land of rocks and cows.

That lead to a very popular billboard going up in many rural communities.
Screenshot_20240806-082646_Google.jpg

As a "white dude" who doesn't plan to vote for Harris, selecting Walz seems to me that best we could have hoped for. Trump was probably never going to win Minnesota. Moreover, the measures enacted this year in Minnesota by Walz and the DFL from legalizing marijuana to "gender affirming care" to gun control to driver's licenses for anyone show how "moderate" Walz really is.

I would attack him as doing and saying anything to get elected. He went from being a Blue Dog Democrat with a NRA "A rating" to the darling of the far left in little more than 4 years.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/...s-year-from-legal-cannabis-to-abortion-access

I think this is good news for the Trump campaign. Shapiro would have been a far more appealing choice for the swing voter and might have carried PA for Harris. It would be interesting to know if the choice was driven by the Hamas wing of the party or fears for the labor vote in the blue wall.
She didn’t have a choice. Shapiro was
The obvious best choice. and I am disappointed she didn’t choose him.

But, Picking Shapiro would guarantee her Loss in Michigan. The antisemites would have stayed home in droves.

Plus she is more aligned with the squad and Bernie than Joe Manchin.

At least now there is a stark contrast between the two campaigns. They both doubled down to the base.

Walz will bring his Mogadishu mafia along with him. He plays hard ball compared to Shapiro

Info sent me is new and updated . Situation is rather quite good , the previous gov were strongly tied with India and , they were doing much to loot the assets of local people .
While at same time allowing India to have control over their domestic policies

There is some looting and vandalism, but that is mostly supporters of previous regime .

Ordinary people is happy and safe .

Habib is fine and has been offered a Govermental Position again . He will chime in when he has time for it .
The riots + looting are/were caused by students (as is so often the case when regimes are overthrown).
The quota that has been increased from 10% of government jobs to 30% to provide children of freedom veterans with jobs in public offices was the trigger for the protests.
Then the courts lowered this to 5%, to no avail.
Things then took their course.
This is what the international press reports.
Everything wrong???

My Dear Fellow Hunters,

Thank you so much for your immense concern towards me. But rest assured. My family, friends, employees & I are perfectly safe & well. Bangladesh's future is currently uncertain but for the first time in 20 years... I look at the coming days of our country with a strong feeling of hope.

This woman, Hasina & her father (Sheikh Mujib) had done much to destroy my country. What they did to my country was basically rape. Not a rape of the flesh... but a rape of our economy, a rape of our freedom & a rape of our dignity. They made Bangladesh a neocolonial possession of India. And they were permitting India to have a say in our domestic policies as if they owned us (including our firearms & hunting laws).

Hasina's father amassed significant credit as the "Father Of The Nation". But let me tell you all somethings today, as a gazetted freedom fighter myself:

1) He never fought for a single day during the 1971 War of Independence. He was comfortably under "House Arrest" in Pakistan, smoking imported tobacco & having access to his personal chef 24/7 (as well his own bespoke tailor)... while the rest of us were risking our lives fighting against the Pakistani army (due to a feud which HE started with the Pakistani government for HIS OWN BENEFIT). He came back to Bangladesh in 1972 after the war was over, and was actually visibly fatter than when he had been placed under house arrest. After he came, he took credit for “Winning The War”.

2) From 1972 up until his assassination in 1975, he treated our local people like slaves. He had two personal paramilitary forces: Rakkhi Bahini & Lal Bahini. The sole purpose of these two paramilitary forces was to suppress any opposition against him. He would have his mercenaries chase innocent unarmed college students into tin sheds and blow them up to kingdom come with grenades. If you opened your mouth to say anything even remotely critical about him, your life was forfeit. There’s a very strong reason why the Bangladesh army drove tanks into his house in 1975 and massacred him & his entire family (okay, I don’t support the death of his family members but his sons were just as tyrannical as he was). There’s also a very strong reason why people in Bangladesh were publicly distributing sweets on the streets on the day that he was killed.

3) He never even originally intended for East Pakistan to become independent and for Bangladesh to be born. He originally wanted to be the leader of both East & West Pakistan. When the West Pakistani government refused to let him be their leader, Sheikh Mujib went to India and asked them for help to overthrow the Pakistani government. India (who wanted to destabilize Pakistan because they think that all of South East Asia belongs to them) agreed to help Sheikh Mujib break East Pakistan away from West Pakistan; with the unwritten agreement between Mujib and India being that India would have a lot of say in Mujib’s new country’s domestic policies. He never cared about making his country independent. He just wanted to stay at the top.

His daughter, Hasina was running our country like a God for the last 28 years. Her government looted our people’s assets, sabotaged relationships with any country whom India felt threatened by & taxed the living hell out of the ordinary people. If anybody protested, she would have them labeled as “Radical Islamic terrorists” to the outside world and then she would have them killed. Since the last one month, she has made police and her militias murder upwards of 2000 civilians (mostly teenaged college students). Even until yesterday morning, she was confident that she would stay in power. Whenever people would protest, she would order nationwide curfews and have the internet shut down. The only reason why she was overthrown, was because our army turned out to have a spine & a pair of testicles. Yesterday morning, she ordered them to fire on the unarmed masses but they instead refused and told her that it was time for her to step down.

It’s too early to tell, but our new government is handling everything very maturely. They have publicly made in very clear that Bangladesh equally belongs to people of all religions: Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Buddhists, Aethists & even Jews (after a 53 year ban on Judaism in Bangladesh). People from every religion & socio economic class worked together in order to overthrow her.

I know that Indian media is working very hard to portray to the outside world that Bangladesh has fallen to Islamic radicalism and that people from non-Muslim faiths are no longer safe here. They are doing this, because they will directly benefit from Hasina’s government running our country. But nothing could be further from the truth. We have no grudge against any religion. We don’t even have any grudge against India. But we do not want Indian interference in our nation anymore. For 53 years, they have reaped the benefits off the blood & sweat of the Bengali people. They tried to build a nuclear power plant in our protected forest. They took our prized Hilsha fish. They used the Farakka Dam to bully us by depriving our crops of water during draught (only opening the dam during monsoon season so that our country gets flooded). No more.

The people of India are not bad. But the Indian government had been using our previous regime to cripple our economic growth in every possible way.
FB_IMG_1722953121404.jpg

This picture was taken today. This has always been the Bangladesh that I have dreamt of. A country where people are seen for their hard work & integrity. Not their faith. It took me 74 years to see it. But yes, miracles do happen.

Yes, there was some looting & vandalism and extra judicial killings last night. But it was strictly against supporters of the previous regime. I don’t personally support the practice but I can understand why the people are so angry. The previous regime did much injustice to the common people. It is just that they answer for what they’ve done.

Anyway, things are completely normal now. My grandchildren have finally been able to go to school today after a month.

As for me, I’ve been offered a spot as a potential candidate for a new post “IGF” (Inspector General of Forests). Only time will tell if I accept.

Warmest Regards,
Habib

P.S: Please don’t believe everything that international media writes. They mean well but they only write overviews of the real story without going in-depth. The first series of protests started with the quota. The last series of protests were over the 996 innocent civilians whom her regime murdered while they were protesting in regards to the quota.

Last edited:
Walz will bring his Mogadishu mafia along with him. He plays hard ball compared to Shapiro
Not that it is really at all relevant... But there is a store in St Cloud Minnesota named Mogadishu Market.

What generational shift occurred? It was indeed the largest correction in four years - but that would not be generational. The market is still up for the year. We’ll see what the rest of the week brings.

All of this has not happened before on the same trading day since the 80s.

2024 - 1985 = 39 years

I call that generational, your definition (and portfolio) may be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cooper72Y

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available