Politics

Thanks to Jimmy Carter, interest rate on my first house mortgage was 17.5% back in 1981!!

While that was super high, imo, the cost of capital should be a real thing in a healthy economy.

We got hooked on the super low interest rates for too long.

All dependent, where you went to school, class rank, Order of the Coif, Law Review, Phi Delta Phi, Clerkship, etc.
Actually, it only depends on one's graduating year including raises. Firms set the starting salary for a graduating class not individuals. Now, getting offers depends on the other factors.

Also, most law students get 8 to 12 week summer associate jobs (at same salary as a first-year associate) between law school years, most if not all turn to job offers later on.

And yes, someone graduating from a lawyer factory that is barely accredited is going to be your public defender or local DA not an associate at a white-shoe firm.

Frankly, we have too many lawyers and not enough Physicians. And it shows up in earnings. But that’s another story, with different economic factors.
I have several friends that are physicians, they will not recommend becoming a physician to their kids. Heck, originally my daughter was divided between becoming a doctor or a lawyer. We looked at pros and cons and earnings potential and she chose becoming a lawyer. She used to tutor kids in Calculus at 11th grade, so could have become a doctor as well.

BTW, average workweek in her specialty is about 70 hours a week. So, while they make plenty of money starting out, they also work for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagdalenaK

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?