Politics

That’s again proving my point. We are not voting ourselves out of this mess, and let’s just be clear, as crappy of a labor force the us has become, we are still light years ahead of Europe

so what the original point I was making…,

We are broke and can’t afford to take care of the world any longer. I’m voting for nationalism you do you

Semper fi

Maybe just maybe every man and women in the us do 2 years active duty in the military?? Yea soy boys would head to Canada and viola less beggars to feed

You really want to make a dent in that national debt? (This is rhetorical; I assume you do based on the frequency and tenor of your posts)

Cut the annual budget and create a surplus. Then use that surplus to pay down your debt year after year. But the only way you create a surplus large enough to make meaningful repayments of principal is to institute major spending cuts to social entitlement programs like Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security. By and large, those are programs spent on people in the United States.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/federal-spending/

Look at the top categories from the above link. Net interest (14%) is debt service, which declines as you reduce your national debt and/or interest rates decrease. Other than that, we're talking Social Security (22%), Health (13%), National Defense (13%), Medicare (13%), and Income Security (10%) as the other categories >10%.

Cutting national defense (in your example, pulling the U.S. military out of Europe) could be a portion of that surplus (the cost/benefit analysis of that spending notwithstanding), but it can't all come from there. The most prime places to cut are social security, health/Medicare, and "income security" (welfare).

I'd like to meet the politician willing to take that leap...
Or should we wait until it’s 50t in the red

how much experience do you have with European labor?

my firm employs quite a few europeans...

from a quality of labor/skills/etc perspective I'd put them on par with US counterparts..

from a cost perspective.. they are SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive.. (as much as 40-45% depending on nationality..

they also present FAR less of a liability overall... because we pay them exceptionally well comparatively to our European competitors (while still less than our US competitors).. they view their jobs as extremely valuable commodities.. they cause very few problems.. they dont quit/leave.. and they work very hard... because they know they wont ever get another job that pays as well or treats them as well...

whereas we have no shit (real case) had a US employee sue us for discrimination... because, and I do not jest, we provided him with "itchy sheets" that he claimed was evidence of said discrimination (clearly a shakedown where he wanted us to settle and send him $50K rather than have to pay an attorney to defend against his nonsense more than $80K and take a year to get the case dismissed)...

and thats just one of dozens of ridiculous BS cases we've had to put up with out of our US workforce...

to date the single worst thing we've dealt with out of one of our Europeans was we had a Brit claim he had a family emergency and needed to take leave (paid) to go home and deal with it.. and we caught him about a week later making social media posts from a beach in mexico hanging out with his family.. we promptly fired him.. and nothing more ever came from it..

2001: We had a balanced budget, that’s not that long ago. It can be done again. Dems will likely need to put up with less social spending. Republicans will likely have to put up with more taxes.

@glen matunas, I’m curious to know your thoughts on Trump.

I think trump is better than any other selected candidate. I also believe whole heartedly theat R’s and D’s work for the same masters and the masters are not the us citizens as it was designed to be.

You really want to make a dent in that national debt? (This is rhetorical; I assume you do based on the frequency and tenor of your posts)

Cut the annual budget and create a surplus. Then use that surplus to pay down your debt year after year. But the only way you create a surplus large enough to make meaningful repayments of principal is to institute major spending cuts to social entitlement programs like Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security. By and large, those are programs spent on people in the United States.

Look at the top categories from the above link. Net interest (14%) is debt service, which declines as you reduce your national debt and/or interest rates decrease. Other than that, we're talking Social Security (22%), Health (13%), National Defense (13%), Medicare (13%), and Income Security (10%) as the other categories >10%.

Cutting national defense (in your example, pulling the U.S. military out of Europe) could be a portion of that surplus (the cost/benefit analysis of that spending notwithstanding), but it can't all come from there. The most prime places to cut are social security, health/Medicare, and "income security" (welfare).

Hate to burst you bubble, but I will.

There are other programs to cut that don't include cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and National Defense.

And it starts by No, Nada, Nothing being given to illegal immigrants, but a swift hard kick in their asses back across the border. Denying people who have never worked a steady job more than a week in their life food stamps, unemployment benefits, and other such working taxpayers tax money benefits.

An equalized tariffs on goods imported from other countries.

Equilateral defense spending across NATO and other Allied Nations.

Equilateral aka Flat taxation.

A cap on the number of staff members politicians can have before the politician pays out of their pocket for additional staff.

There are a lot more government programs that can and should be cut way before screaming cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and National Defense.

I think trump is better than any other selected candidate. I also believe whole heartedly theat R’s and D’s work for the same masters and the masters are not the us citizens as it was designed to be.

Maybe better but that is relative. He encouraged more borrowing when he was in office because interest rates were so low.

Trust me if I truly spoke my heart, I would surely be banned for posting as a peckerwood from the mountains, self sufficient to boot. But again you do you. I figured out how to retire very comfortably at 50 with a HS diploma and hard work. You probably are not going to convince me that globalism is the way to go. Personally I think the tribes should be 100% segregated as historically proven we just don’t agree or get along about anything. The EU was a micro version of global order and by all metrics a complete failure. Prove me wrong. But pardon my short absence as my garden has me canning for the winter as we speak. If you think globalism is the way to go great. Me personally I’m just starting to recluse even further from society and loving every damn minute of it. Check back with me in another 4 years and let’s see if we are better off than now, as scary as that seems

Maybe better but that is relative. He encouraged more borrowing when he was in office because interest rates were so low.
What’s your point? Biden Kamala good orange man bad? Maybe both sides have screwed us into the dust bin of history. I quit picking sides once I realized it didn’t matter anymore, kinda like voting our way back to prosperity, good luck pulling the vote lever for prosperity lol

how much experience do you have with European labor?

my firm employs quite a few europeans...

from a quality of labor/skills/etc perspective I'd put them on par with US counterparts..

from a cost perspective.. they are SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive.. (as much as 40-45% depending on nationality..

they also present FAR less of a liability overall... because we pay them exceptionally well comparatively to our European competitors (while still less than our US competitors).. they view their jobs as extremely valuable commodities.. they cause very few problems.. they dont quit/leave.. and they work very hard... because they know they wont ever get another job that pays as well or treats them as well...

whereas we have no shit (real case) had a US employee sue us for discrimination... because, and I do not jest, we provided him with "itchy sheets" that he claimed was evidence of said discrimination (clearly a shakedown where he wanted us to settle and send him $50K rather than have to pay an attorney to defend against his nonsense more than $80K and take a year to get the case dismissed)...

and thats just one of dozens of ridiculous BS cases we've had to put up with out of our US workforce...

to date the single worst thing we've dealt with out of one of our Europeans was we had a Brit claim he had a family emergency and needed to take leave (paid) to go home and deal with it.. and we caught him about a week later making social media posts from a beach in mexico hanging out with his family.. we promptly fired him.. and nothing more ever came from it..
If the European work force is so stellar why does the USA send every freaking leaching country of the eu American tax dollars? Euro men should take care of there own damn countries without USA handiuts

Personally I think EU folk should shut there mouths about the USA until such time as they actually can defend themselves

It is unfortunately not such a simple matter to pay off the national debt. The dollar is a debt currency.

Investopedia has a good write-up on reserve ratios and money multiplier here: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reserveratio.asp

Paying off our debt would destroy the dollar with a massive deflation.

When a loan is issued, "money" is created out of thin air. Suppose a bank has 500M USD in deposits, and the reserve requirement 10% - the can make 450M USD worth of loans, which all turn back into deposits at some point. With that extra 450M USD in deposits, it can lend another 405M. When that 405 comes back in as deposits, the bank can lend another 364.5M USD, and so on. When the loan is repaid, the money created by the loan is destroyed (a little at a time as the debtor meets his monthly obligation to the bank).

The USG is 33T USD in debt to the federal reserve. If it is repaid, that's a lot of money that'll just evaporate.

All of that leaves us really with a Hobson's choice. It's why our founders were absolutely against currency and actually wrote into our constitution in Article I Section 8 that the federal government would have the power to "coin money." It didn't give it the power to "print paper."

Thomas Jefferson said:
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

The problem is two fold here. First instead of running those programs as real insurance, instead it’s just another tax and spend program back by IOU while the treasury “borrows” the money (actually steals) it would not be a drain. Second, stop with all the payments to folks who have never paid into the system because they are “medically unable to work.” I’ve seen more folks on SS disability, but still manage to work a job, but earn just enough on the book not to disqualify and cash the rest.

So you run an American firm, that employs foreign workers? Ok got it
I pay over $800 a month per employee on health care costs (I pay 100%, no employee contributions) plus on average over $10K a month overall payroll costs. I pay about $2,000/month per degreed engineer with minimum 5 years of experience overseas, you do the math.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshliHeywa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text (503) 724-8373. Email bhr324@gmail.com
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?