Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Puro Pinche Low Fence Hunting
Hunted
USA, South Africa
We flew Delta from San Antonio to Atlanta to Joburg July 16. Back the same route July 25. Check-in in San Antone was a breeze. TSA same deal. All the employees were friendly. Rifle case and 2 bags had airtags. They worked great on the bags. Not well on the gun case because it was aluminum. It was sporadic.
When I made the plane reservations, I did a lot of research and you guys (and gals) didn't disappoint. I booked 37 H&J which is the emergency exit row based on the new configuration of the planes. When we got our boarding passes, I nearly had a conniption fit when it showed 41 H&J until I realized that was the older seating version. 41J doesn't have a seat in front of it. My wife could still stretch her legs out on my side. It made it easier for both of us to get up to go to the bathrooms. We had the new configuration on the ride home. No one in front of us. The drawback was the old bastage behind me hitting my seat and grabbing all three of our seats in the row when he got up. I didn't get much sleep coming home. Three hour layover in Atlanta was perfect. We ate dinner and had a couple of drinks.
The Delta counter doesn't open until 5 pm in Joberg. There are several times you go thru security/boarding pass check. Very redundant. They would not let us bring water on the plane there. We did coming over. We spent a lot of time at the whiskey and wine bar and bought Bain's and wine at the Duty Free store. With the exchange rate being very good for us, prices are cheap.
Our plane in Joburg was 2 hrs late leaving. I never heard why. It cost us time when we got to Atlanta. When you get your bags there, you go ahead and to the right to grab your gun. There was another gun office to the left and the back where a guy told us to go. No one was there and we ended up being last in line for my rifle. One of the customs girls there was extremely rude. I asked if we could go on up to the front as our time was getting short. No dice. I really questioned whether our bags and rifle would make it back to San Antone. Bags did, rifle didn't. We were paged right when we got to the baggage claim and Delta informed us that my rifle would be on the next plane. I made sure I had names and phone numbers. They called like they said they would and said it made it. They delivered to my house that evening 45 minutes away.
Hope this helps some folks with their planning.
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0713.jpg

Thanks for your seat report.
I have been doing a minimum 4 hour layover in Atlanta coming back. I prefer 5 hours in case of delayed take off in Johberg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBS

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text (503) 724-8373. Email bhr324@gmail.com
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?