Politics

What is the USA national debt?
We are only further debasing the dollar and its worth is almost zero.
Take care of business at home and abroad is gotta be the most ignorant thing heard ever just saying.
I’m not preaching isolation. More like everyone mind their own sovereign business.
No doubt wasteful inefficient spending.

Except for the fact that people don’t their own sovereign business… And our business extends beyond our borders. It’s not that hard to grasp.

Speaking of efficiency, you might try putting your thoughts together in as few posts as possible. Helps get your point across

Per a previous post about contacting the parties involved, versus bitching amongst ourselves. Send your thoughts to the head man. Lately I have already contacted: Pres. Trumps' campaign committee, The RNC and my reps. Keep it to one subject each time. Back in the '80's I used to contact my reps and send public opinion telegrams concerning gun control. The rule of thumb at that time was: a written comment had the value of 2000 other people that had the same thoughts. So, enough comments and the politician reacts to the majority. Stress and attack the Democrats for the damage they have already done and their plans to destroy our country. From a concerned vet! BTW Their addresses are posted online.

Branding a person as an "isolationist" because they want to prioritize their own family and their own Nation first is a common tactic. Discuss the issues a little more, stereotype a little less. Tell me what good we have done with, say $2 trillion in Afghanistan. Do you fully understand what it has cost the US and our children's future. Most of you do not............FWB

Ok you keep calling and sending letters….

I’ll just try to change one opinion at a time.

Hate to break it to you, they don’t care, don’t read what you send, and do as they please.

We are not voting our way out of this mess.

Hate to break that to you also.

Branding a person as an "isolationist" because they want to prioritize their own family and their own Nation first is a common tactic. Discuss the issues a little more, stereotype a little less. Tell me what good we have done with, say $2 trillion in Afghanistan. Do you fully understand what it has cost the US and our children's future. Most of you do not............FWB
If they’re spouting isolationist ideas then it’s not out of line. We can take care of ourselves both home and abroad. Neglect one and the other will suffer. Not saying there haven’t been failures along the way. We shouldn’t have pulled out of Afghanistan. Tough situation.

No doubt that the hunt for Bin Laden should've been reduced to just that. But we were determined to change a country and not just get Bin Laden. Ultimately he ended up successfully (albeit temporarily) to Pakistan. We got him there with far less investment in both blood and treasure.

But bringing up Afghanistan is comparing apple to oranges. Afghanistan was not an allie. We invaded the country. This is a far different scenario than standing with our allies in Europe and other places.

Could you imagine the carnage and chaos if the USA pulled all military assets from Europe. Can you imagine the economic boom the USA would have if we stopped paying trillions of $ for the protection of Europe. Maybe it’s time to try out your idea of every country supports only itself.
In a global economy, isolationism will not work. I am going over BOM of 4 new projects that came in. Majority of components are made by EU firms with no quality US made options. Guns we shoot, cars we drive, clothes we wear have foreign components. Not to mention all the exports we have. US farmers would starve if not for an international market. An example:

We have the man power, natural resources to produce what we need, we just choose not to. Easily corrected with some spine and fortitude

But regardless giving away American treasure for a -35 trillion is working out so well, could you please explain or point to a good deal we have made as a country financially in the last 100 years?

You do understood we are 35T in the red don’t you? It hasn’t worked, and it never will, that number is too large to reverse. The only reason anyone still thinks we can pay for abroad is because Venezuela hasn’t happened here yet. But that is the ultimate goal, and is just over the horizon

Only way now is complete global currency reset. And that my friends is trying to put the plane back together after it hit the damn mountain

We have the man power

Im not seeing it...

are there enough people living in this country to provide man power? certainly...

are there enough people living in this country WILLING to provide man power at a reasonable cost? yeah, not so much...

we live in a world where more than 50% of our population really believe in the "living wage" nonsense.. that people flipping burgers in fast food joints DESERVE wages that would put them in middle class housing, in new cars, and a new iphone every 18 months... that are also not willing to accept that as soon as they get paid $25 an hour to flip burgers, that the cost of a burger goes up.. and they still cant afford the burger, or the middle class housing, or the new car, or the new iphone...

the world I grew up in.. where I worked my primary job.. plus a night job a couple of nights a week... plus a weekend job a couple of weekends a month.. plus served in the national guard... all for more than a decade.. so that I could provide for myself, establish some experience and value for an employer, etc..etc.. so that by my mid 30's I wouldnt have to bust my ass 70+ hours a week to make ends meet (although 50+ hours are still pretty much the norm now in my 50's).. are long gone..

younger generations as a rule dont believe in long hours, hard work, etc... they claim to be more focused on happiness and being less material than prior generations..

they arent willing to put in the effort or the hours.. and are overwhelmingly opposed to any sort of work that gets them hot, sweaty, dirty, or cold or wet..

while at the same time complain that they'll never live as comfortably as the prior generation.. and want the govt to do everything from forgive their debts to provide them with free shit.. to ensure they get paid higher wages to do less work than people in any other country on the planet...

until we experience a major cultural shift.. US labor will remain an impedance to US business and the US economy...

Spout you globalist nonsense all you want, kinda hard to hear you from a hole 35t deep

You really want to make a dent in that national debt? (This is rhetorical; I assume you do based on the frequency and tenor of your posts)

Cut the annual budget and create a surplus. Then use that surplus to pay down your debt year after year. But the only way you create a surplus large enough to make meaningful repayments of principal is to institute major spending cuts to social entitlement programs like Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security. By and large, those are programs spent on people in the United States.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/federal-spending/

Look at the top categories from the above link. Net interest (14%) is debt service, which declines as you reduce your national debt and/or interest rates decrease. Other than that, we're talking Social Security (22%), Health (13%), National Defense (13%), Medicare (13%), and Income Security (10%) as the other categories >10%.

Cutting national defense (in your example, pulling the U.S. military out of Europe) could be a portion of that surplus (the cost/benefit analysis of that spending notwithstanding), but it can't all come from there. The most prime places to cut are social security, health/Medicare, and "income security" (welfare).

I'd like to meet the politician willing to take that leap...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
besting

Latest profile posts

Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text (503) 724-8373. Email bhr324@gmail.com
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]