Politics

Ridge Runner, Per H & John Wasmuth... Thank you so much for your immense concern towards me.

What happened from Thursday to Tuesday, was possibly the biggest bloodbath in Bangladesh history since the War of Independence in 1971.

The main issue was this: The current government introduced a quota which would give preference to the descendants of War Veterans (from the 1971 war) when selecting candidates for government jobs. 56% preference would be given to the descendants over other job applicants (regardless of how well qualified the other applicants are).

University students started protesting this and began rioting. Their grounds were that job eligibility should be based purely upon merit and not who your ancestors are. I myself am a gazetted freedom fighter & a veteran of the war in 1971, but even I must admit that their grounds for discontent aren't exactly unreasonable.

During the riot, many students went too far and started killing, raping & looting at random. They burnt down several buildings and also our Metro Rail Way and 4 bridges.

Police officers & Border Guards called to the scene also went too far. They started executing students at random. And then, all pandemonium broke loose on Thursday night. Somebody set the National Internet server building on fire and the internet went down all over the nation.

The government claims that it was the protestors. The protestors claim that it was the government trying to stop news of their atrocities getting leaked out to the rest of the world. But whoever did this, made the situation a whole lot worse. By Friday, it was abundantly clear that there were thousands of people out on the streets who weren't even remotely interested in the protest. They were taking advantage of the civil unrest in order to loot, rape and murder others.

Groups of miscreants started breaking into all of the city jails in all of Bangladesh's 64 districts. And they started releasing prisoners and looting service rifles & ammunition. At this moment, there are still over 2000 escaped convicts running around the country... Armed. Death toll so far has risen to 217 confirmed dead and over a thousand people missing for days. This is not counting the burnt bodies still in the wrecks of the buildings which they set on fire.

My daughter, Kaniz (senior lecturer at Bangladesh University of Professionals) suffered severe injuries during the riots on Thursday. Her right arm was broken and she was trapped at the University (along with a few of her colleagues) for two straight days until I was finally able to reach the city where her University is and get her out. By then, I was fortunate enough to receive the assistance of the Bangladesh army who had gotten deployed on Friday night. Now, my entire family is safe with me at our family manor in Rangpur.

Well, that's basically what happened. I'm personally quite ashamed of what my country has become, in recent years. That's partly the reason why I stepped down from politics after serving two terms as an M.P (Member Of Parliament) in 2005.

The last few days have shown what Bengalis can become like in the dark, once law & order collapses. It truly is terrifying. A peaceful protest quickly escalated into mass looting, arson, rape & murder from all parties. There was no heroic party in this whole fiasco.

The only reason why I have chosen to remain behind in Bangladesh, is because I have managed to carve out a comfortable & peaceful life for myself (and my family) here over the course of the last 73 years. And I'm a whimsical soul, who's hopelessly unable to give up on his country.

Thank you for the update Habib. Glad that your family is now safe.

Praying for you, your family and your country.

Ridge Runner, Per H & John Wasmuth... Thank you so much for your immense concern towards me.

What happened from Thursday to Tuesday, was possibly the biggest bloodbath in Bangladesh history since the War of Independence in 1971.

The main issue was this: The current government introduced a quota which would give preference to the descendants of War Veterans (from the 1971 war) when selecting candidates for government jobs. 56% preference would be given to the descendants over other job applicants (regardless of how well qualified the other applicants are).

University students started protesting this and began rioting. Their grounds were that job eligibility should be based purely upon merit and not who your ancestors are. I myself am a gazetted freedom fighter & a veteran of the war in 1971, but even I must admit that their grounds for discontent aren't exactly unreasonable.

During the riot, many students went too far and started killing, raping & looting at random. They burnt down several buildings and also our Metro Rail Way and 4 bridges.

Police officers & Border Guards called to the scene also went too far. They started executing students at random. And then, all pandemonium broke loose on Thursday night. Somebody set the National Internet server building on fire and the internet went down all over the nation.

The government claims that it was the protestors. The protestors claim that it was the government trying to stop news of their atrocities getting leaked out to the rest of the world. But whoever did this, made the situation a whole lot worse. By Friday, it was abundantly clear that there were thousands of people out on the streets who weren't even remotely interested in the protest. They were taking advantage of the civil unrest in order to loot, rape and murder others.

Groups of miscreants started breaking into all of the city jails in all of Bangladesh's 64 districts. And they started releasing prisoners and looting service rifles & ammunition. At this moment, there are still over 2000 escaped convicts running around the country... Armed. Death toll so far has risen to 217 confirmed dead and over a thousand people missing for days. This is not counting the burnt bodies still in the wrecks of the buildings which they set on fire.

My daughter, Kaniz (senior lecturer at Bangladesh University of Professionals) suffered severe injuries during the riots on Thursday. Her right arm was broken and she was trapped at the University (along with a few of her colleagues) for two straight days until I was finally able to reach the city where her University is and get her out. By then, I was fortunate enough to receive the assistance of the Bangladesh army who had gotten deployed on Friday night. Now, my entire family is safe with me at our family manor in Rangpur.

Well, that's basically what happened. I'm personally quite ashamed of what my country has become, in recent years. That's partly the reason why I stepped down from politics after serving two terms as an M.P (Member Of Parliament) in 2005.

The last few days have shown what Bengalis can become like in the dark, once law & order collapses. It truly is terrifying. A peaceful protest quickly escalated into mass looting, arson, rape & murder from all parties. There was no heroic party in this whole fiasco.

The only reason why I have chosen to remain behind in Bangladesh, is because I have managed to carve out a comfortable & peaceful life for myself (and my family) here over the course of the last 73 years. And I'm a whimsical soul, who's hopelessly unable to give up on his country.
So happy to hear from you and you are all safe.

I am sincerely thankful for the safety of your family and wish your daughter a speedy recovery!

How do you reconcile that despite Democrats running the "worst candidate in presidential history", Trump lost in 2020?

Trump's defeat in the 2020 election was a political enigma that would never have occurred without the existence of the Pandemic... Anyone paying attention knows that the democrats, with a great deal of help from social and mainstream media, masterfully took advantage of a global crisis to hide an obviously incompetent candidate and manipulate the voting rules in many states to their advantage. Where democrats lack in their ability to competently govern, they make up for exponentially in their ability to fundraise, exploit loopholes, manipulate the voting process, and their use of the media to spread propaganda...

Conspiracy theories aside for the moment, To @Brent in Az's point, if anyone honestly believes that Brandon generated 81 million legitimate votes from a basement campaign, I have some oceanfront real estate for sale in Arizona for them...

Obama set all-time voter turnout records in both 2008 & 2012 nearly 70 million votes in 2008 and 66 million votes in 2012... The Trump breaks Obama's record with 74 million votes and loses? Yet I'm expected to believe that Brandon, a two-time previous failed presidential candidate and plagiarist, got 81 million legitimate votes hiding in his basement? Using common sense to recognize the obvious is not conspiratorial...

Will history repeat itself in 2024?

It absolutely could if the dems are unchallenged in their attempts to run the 2020 voter playbook again... It will be a given that social media and the MSM will do everything in their collective power to influence prospective voters to vote dem... And, yes if Harris is the nominee she will overtake Brandon as the worst Presidential candidate ever run by their party, and that is by their own inclinations of how they voted in the 2020 primaries where she couldn't even muster 2% of the vote to remain in the race... Yet, they will vote for her not because she is the best candidate the dems have... They will vote for her because she is running against Trump...

She good and didn't give them grandstanding politicians one answer. Totally unemotional. Personally I felt the hearing considering the work of the secret service should have been private but the politicians wanted the tv time for their election.

No one. He was stating the 2nd part of 2nd Amendment justified the Jan 6. mob to rush and "arrest" Congress while being armed. I was pointing out that would have escalated things.
If I were to see a MOB with restraints and nooses breaking in with arms, looking to lynch/detain members of Congress, I'd for sure authorize use of deadly force. January 6th was an embarrassment of our democracy.

Who was armed?

Ok.....As I already made a point seems my point went over half ass.

The point is that the 2A states the justifications to which the Constitution allows for the citizens to oust our government. And why citizens have the right to keep firearms.

Deep dive back....the states' were responsible to protect themselves....hence the term minutemen.
....hence....states' militia....hence (arguably)... national guard....

JAN 6 (arguably) was an unarmed attempt....(arguably) riot....(arguably) no real / define purpose....should have, would have, could have, hindsight 20/20, whatever.

My point, the point I wanted to make is no matter what side of the firearms debate people are on arguing over the right to to keep (own firearms) and bear (under the set circumstances) citizens can defend themselves (overthrow) against the elected government.

Bottom line is those wanting to abolish the 2A need to read the entirety of the 2A.

IMO That second part of the 2A is what our government wants abolished most. However, to abolish the second part; the government must first abolish the citizens right to own and use weapons to defend themselves against '...{a} tyrannical government.'

Was JAN 6 legal or illegal? Both: Yes and No.

Illegal Yes. Simply because it was not/ did not fulfil the obligations of the intent to bring the government to trail.

Legal Yes: Justifications: corruption, taxation (arguable), illegal (arguable), last 2 items are for the legal court to decide if there is solid proof.

Illegal No.: Corruption to any reasonable person was apparent. Taxation without representation (arguable gray area), Illegal government (arguable gray area).

Legal No.: Those, and I'll say it again, those involved failed:
To detain/ arrest members of government (Congress)
To bring to legal trial members of government (Congress)
To retain evidence for legal trial against members of government (Congress)

I am neither a Constitutionalist, nor a Conspiracist,. However it is of my opinion that once any of the first Amendments in the Bill of Rights is abolished the rest of those rights will be abolished and the Constitution will become little more than toilet paper for what will become another impoverished 3rd world nation.

Im curious to hear Trump tonight. First event since Biden withdrew.

We know once he decides what his message will
Be he usually stays with it. So tonight we should hear how he plans to beat Harris.

Calling her names or hanging her record around her neck.
Hopefully it’s the latter

Everyone knows she’s incompetent. So remind them how she helped to ruin the economy for lower earning people. By keeping businesses closed 18 months longer than necessary.
Their Fascist tactics during Covid.

Remember, we couldn’t stand in the middle of a river fishing without the threat of being arrested.

Last edited:
Trump's defeat in the 2020 election was a political enigma that would never have occurred without the existence of the Pandemic... Anyone paying attention knows that the democrats, with a great deal of help from social and mainstream media, masterfully took advantage of a global crisis to hide an obviously incompetent candidate and manipulate the voting rules in many states to their advantage. Where democrats lack in their ability to competently govern, they make up for exponentially in their ability to fundraise, exploit loopholes, manipulate the voting process, and their use of the media to spread propaganda...

Conspiracy theories aside for the moment, To @Brent in Az's point, if anyone honestly believes that Brandon generated 81 million legitimate votes from a basement campaign, I have some oceanfront real estate for sale in Arizona for them...

Obama set all-time voter turnout records in both 2008 & 2012 nearly 70 million votes in 2008 and 66 million votes in 2012... The Trump breaks Obama's record with 74 million votes and loses? Yet I'm expected to believe that Brandon, a two-time previous failed presidential candidate and plagiarist, got 81 million legitimate votes hiding in his basement? Using common sense to recognize the obvious is not conspiratorial...

It absolutely could if the dems are unchallenged in their attempts to run the 2020 voter playbook again... It will be a given that social media and the MSM will do everything in their collective power to influence prospective voters to vote dem... And, yes if Harris is the nominee she will overtake Brandon as the worst Presidential candidate ever run by their party, and that is by their own inclinations of how they voted in the 2020 primaries where she couldn't even muster 2% of the vote to remain in the race... Yet, they will vote for her not because she is the best candidate the dems have... They will vote for her because she is running against Trump...
The anti Trumpers would rather blame Trump as a bad candidate,even though he received more votes as a sitting president, then any President in history.

The Dems won't have a pandemic to help them bamboozle their low IQ voters this time

So, the 2. part you were quoting was from the working documents and not the actual Constitutional Amendment that was ratified by the States and became a part of the actual Constitution.

What I paraphrased is from the actual Constitution.

I really do need to find and post the title of that "book", and several pages of it on here. It is more of an essay paper with all the footnotes, references, locations of quoted documents, quoted journals, quoted authors/ researchers, historical public records, etc.

What I paraphrased is from the actual Constitution.

I really do need to find and post the title of that "book", and several pages of it on here. It is more of an essay paper with all the footnotes, references, locations of quoted documents, quoted journals, quoted authors/ researchers, historical public records, etc.

Are you talking about “The Federalist Papers”?

As just another voice in the crowd to say glad to hear you and your family are now safe. Hope your daughter gets well soon. Not Glad, but glad to know your daughter wasn't harmed worse.

@Ridge Runner - I think you're very close to the mark on the intent of the 2nd amendment based on my reading of the federalist papers. But it's been quite some time since I read them last so...

And while I'd have rather they not done so, they left that part out of the finalized constitution.

1721860143843.png

@Hunter-Habib condolences on the state of your Country, and my praise for your strength in rescuing your family. We would expect nothing less from you. When the thin veneer of law and order is lost, the masses are at their worst. I saw a great deal of it during the 600 plus riots in the USA when the BLM was engaged in "mostly peaceful protests". But with hundreds murdered, your situation is graver and will take much longer to heal.........stay strong.....and best wishes for the health of your loved ones........Bill

Most likely the Federalist Papers

When you want to know what the framers were thinking

Paper 29 covers Tyrannical government and how to remove it. IF you can understand how they spoke then.

Exactly!

Well, keep focusing on the "cheating" narrative instead of admitting having a flawed candidate. You will be making the same excuses in a hundred days or so.
I'm not focused on it, but unlike you I have not forgotten it or worse believed the gaslighting about it.
I have said over a dozen times, I am not a Trumpist. If I had my way we'd be voting for deSantis. I mislike Trump for the same reasons that many of you have stated, just not to the point of suicide.
You, however, sound like my wife's irrational friends.

Trump is prosecuting Harris very well. He started with her impact on San Francisco’s degradation. Through her wanting to ban fracking, fossil fuels, abolishing I.C.E., her paying the bail on rioters, the border debacle, the Green new deal, she couldn’t pass her bar exam. Didn’t do well in law school.

He addressed her new main offensive message. That she is a prosecutor and he’s a felon.
He has a great offense for that attack

I think once the dew is off the Lilly people will remember why Kamala could only get to 2% from democrats

Are you talking about “The Federalist Papers”?

No. This book is more of a ~ parallel ~follow up.

This is more about why we needed a constitution, how the amendments were selected, who first appeared at the meeting, who stayed to the end, who replaced who, the reluctant delegates, discussions/ debates/ arguments over what should or shouldn't be in the new constitution, how the Bill of Rights almost wasn't, the abolishment of slavery, the separation of power/ check and balance government, etc. With excerpts from personal journals/ diaries of some of the members.

I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandySomme