Politics

Biden-funded deportation flights from ‘migrant superhighway’ to US are voluntary.​

The Biden administration-funded deportation flights, which were supposed to help Panama deport illegal migrants caught crossing the treacherous Darien Gap on their way to the US, are voluntary, Panama’s President said Thursday.

Under a deal signed earlier this month, the US agreed to “cover” the costs of repatriating the illegal migrants after Panama’s new President, José Raúl Mulino, vowed to shut down the dangerous stretch of jungle — which is known as a “superhighway” for asylum-seekers hoping to make it to America.

However, weeks later, Mulino revealed that migrants must agree to be deported — and called it a “United States problem.”

“This is a United States problem that we are managing. People don’t want to live here in Panama, they want to go to the United States,” Mulino said, adding that those who choose to forgo the flights will “go [to the US].

“I can’t arrest them, we can’t forcibly repatriate them,” he said.

Another odd detail. He is either so pissed he wouldn’t do a presser on the matter. Or he is very ill.

I think he is super pissed. I believe the analogy that Van Jones used as taking away Grandpa's car keys is super accurate. I am willing to bet Jill/Hunter negotiated something for the family, and then wrote the letter, with Joe seething in the background. I'm guessing they are letting him calm down before letting him in public, he is a petty angry man, and right now they probably don't trust him in front of a camera.

It is a pretty good horse to beat for the suburbanites. I know women that used to vote for GOP candidates that will never vote for a GOP candidate due to the abortion issue. And most of them are not childbearing age, but take offense to GOP attacking “women’s reproductive rights” and forcing their religious views on them.

Imagine thinking that it's only someones religious views that drives them to believe killing baby is wrong. Rationality is in short supply in many folks.

I may be wrong but are you still moving to Texas or were you considering a move to Texas at one point?
Yes. I am kinda stuck in CA a bit longer as people keep throwing projects at my company. I am enjoying the challenges so not ready to ride into the sunset. My real estate agent in Austin is still active though. Just haven’t found the right piece of land to buy.

Screenshot_20240722-163847_WhatsApp.jpg

Interesting take that may have some merit.

Richard Grenell
@RichardGrenell
·
11h

Watch what happens over the next 2 weeks with Kamala. If she doesn’t cut it then Justice Sotomayor will be forced to resign to make way for Kamala and then an open convention fight for President.

https://x.com/RichardGrenell/status/1815226603255017803/analytics
She almost scares me more as a USSC justice than as President. It being a lifetime appointment as opposed to a maximum of 8yrs. I realize she would be replacing another left wing moon bat so that may be a wash.

Imagine thinking that it's only someones religious views that drives them to believe killing baby is wrong. Rationality is in short supply in many folks.
It is people’s religious view that makes them believe embryos in a Petri dish are babies. And you are right, rationally is in short supply in many folks.

It is people’s religious view that makes them believe embryos in a Petri dish are babies. And you are right, rationally is in short supply in many folks.
I would think that this is a minuscule number of Christians that believe this but they are somewhat vocal but not as vocal as the people that think it’s okay to kill a baby up to the time of birth or use abortion as birth control.
Buy some BC pills or some condoms for goodness sake.

Yes. I am kinda stuck in CA a bit longer as people keep throwing projects at my company. I am enjoying the challenges so not ready to ride into the sunset. My real estate agent in Austin is still active though. Just haven’t found the right piece of land to buy.

Austin, you must really like San Francisco politics.

Austin is not what it used to be.

In the Declaration of Independence the founding fathers said the following:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

The right to Life was the first among these unalienable rights. My question for you and others who seem to wish to diminish my position on abortion by a simplistic view of I just want to control someone, is at what point do you believe an embryo is a human and afforded this basic right and deserves to have their Life to be protected by our gov't?

Obviously you don't believe this is at conception, but specifically at what point in the pregnancy do you consider the fetus to be a human being? Or perhaps you believe it's not until after birth?

Last edited:
In the Declaration of Independence the founding fathers said the following:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

The right to Life was the first among these unalienable rights. My question for you and others who seem to wish to diminish my position on abortion by a simplistic view of I just want to control someone, is at what point do you believe an embryo is a human and afforded this basic right and deserves to have their Life to be protected by our gov't?

Obviously you don't believe this is at conception, but specifically at what point in the pregnancy do you consider the fetus to be a human being? Or perhaps you believe it's not until after birth?
I would just like to preface my comment by saying that I do not seek to diminish anyone’s point of view on this topic, nor do I think lesser of anyone for believing differently than I about it.

In my opinion, the central question is whether one can ever have a right to another’s body. To illustrate what I mean, imagine a hypothetical situation in which you are in the hospital and another patient goes into full renal failure. In order to save that patient’s life, the doctor attaches your body to them so that your kidneys are what is keeping them alive. Given such a situation, does the other patient’s right to life supersede your right to bodily autonomy? I would argue that it does not.

The media will now provide cover to Harris just as they helped conceal Bidens incompetence.

She will try to stay on script. They will keep her on a teleprompter or scripted talking points.

If she can be drawn into a real conversation on foreign affairs or DEI, Justice Reform, the border, crime, Inflation. How inflation occurs, Any of the more pressing issues. She will show why she never made it to the Iowa caucuses
3 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenitoMurn

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg