Politics

Ideally, she would lean in to her experience as a prosecutor. Law and order at the border and around the world. Make this election a choice between a former prosecutor and a convicted felon. I think that would sell well with the public. However, my guess is that she sticks with the Biden platform.

That seems like a cogent strategy.

However, I think she's about as capable of pulling that off as Trump seems to be of acting presidential.

1721598997191.png

I would caution my fellow Republicans not to dismiss Harris or anyone else who emerges the Democrat nomination process. In spite the assassination attempt, Biden's debate performance and cognitive issues, and the love fest that was the Republican National Convention, Trump seems to be remaining at the 47-50 % support level nationally. Even while 75% of the country was thinking Biden was unfit to run, Trump was not gaining support.

The Republican advantage with Biden in the race was that a lot of democrats would likely stay home or not visit the local drop box. That is almost guaranteed to change with whomever is the eventual standard bearer. And if they weren't turning to Trump a week ago, they certainly won't now. The Dems need to simply not have a bitter nomination battle and reignite some enthusiasm and this will again be on a razor's edge.

I would caution my fellow Republicans not to dismiss Harris or anyone else who emerges the Democrat nomination process. In spite the assassination attempt, Biden's debate performance and cognitive issues, and the love fest that was the Republican National Convention, Trump seems to be remaining at the 47-50 % support level nationally. Even while 75% of the country was thinking Biden was unfit to run, Trump was not gaining support.

The Republican advantage with Biden in the race was that a lot of democrats would likely stay home or not visit the local drop box. That is almost guaranteed to change with whomever is the eventual standard bearer. And if they weren't turning to Trump a week ago, they certainly won't now. The Dems need to simply not have a bitter nomination battle and reignite some enthusiasm and this will again be on a razor's edge.

Well said. I want the republicans to win, but to do so Trump is going to have to learn how to appeal to the middle. To date he has not shown an ability to do so. And for all those who blindly follow the man, shouting into your echo chamber serves only to encourage him to alienate the middle.

Well said. I want the republicans to win, but to do so Trump is going to have to learn how to appeal to the middle. To date he has not shown an ability to do so. And for all those who blindly follow the man, shouting into your echo chamber serves only to encourage him to alienate the middle.
I also would not be dismissive of Harris debating Trump. No one really paid any attention to what Trump said or how he said it during the debate, they were focused on Biden's condition. But the contrast could be equally startling against Harris - only in reverse. She will be prepared, she will be articulate, and she will be in command of actual facts rather than boasts. Whatever her relationship with Willie Brown, she was a successful, tough prosecutor. She won't have forgotten how to make a case to an audience.

If he’s unfit to run, he’s unfit to stay in office. Harris, just as the rest, lied to the American people for 4 years about his mental state. Besides that, who made her the nominee?
No one has yet. She will have to earn those votes.

I reiterate, Trump needs to expand his electorate by 3-5 points - somehow.

now Harris will get all of the focus which will not be to her advantage. She makes less sense than Biden while speaking.

Trump has pivoted already. He said, “ I don’t care who the democrats nominee is. It’s their policies.

Harris could not even get through the democrat primaries 3 years ago.

She can not stand up under full scrutiny, all day, every day for 3 months.

They better lock her in the basement and see if that works.

Harris running mates?

I don't know much about him, but Shapiro in Pennsylvania makes a lot of sense. Can't see Whitmer being the pick, simply for the fact that it would be two women (yeah, two men have been the norm for a long time). Newsome doesn't add anything, as the Peoples Republic of Califronia is not in play in the Electoral vote. A wild card is Mark Cuban, who can be the Democratic version of Trump.

@Saul ....."law and order at the border". Having been to the border several times in the last few years, I think that is not what she should hang her hopes on........JMO.......FWB
In an ideal world, she would pivot hard in the border and run on locking it down. She will not do so and that is her loss.

Harris running mates?

I don't know much about him, but Shapiro in Pennsylvania makes a lot of sense. Can't see Whitmer being the pick, simply for the fact that it would be two women (yeah, two men have been the norm for a long time). Newsome doesn't add anything, as the Peoples Republic of Califronia is not in play in the Electoral vote. A wild card is Mark Cuban, who can be the Democratic version of Trump.

Shapiro or Beshear would be my choice.

now Harris will get all of the focus which will not be to her advantage. She makes less sense than Biden while speaking.

Trump has pivoted already. He said, “ I don’t care who the democrats nominee is. It’s their policies.

Harris could not even get through the democrat primaries 3 years ago.

She can not stand up under full scrutiny, all day, every day for 3 months.

They better lock her in the basement and see if that works.
We’ll see. But I truly think that will turn into wishful thinking. Unlike that primary years ago, she will have the support of her party and most of the media.

I agree completely, 60% of the country wanted an alternative to Trump/Biden and now they'll have one...

If he’s unfit to run, he’s unfit to stay in office. Harris, just as the rest, lied to the American people for 4 years about his mental state. Besides that, who made her the nominee?
Biden may be unfit to stay in office but bad can of worms to open up. If Trump wins they could declare him insane and make JD Vance president.

That seems like a cogent strategy.

However, I think she's about as capable of pulling that off as Trump seems to be of acting presidential.
Not sure if the “law and order” spin will work. I don’t want to disparage her much. I sincerely hope she is the nominee for the leftists.

That this country will NOT have to suffer another Biden term is reason for celebration today!

As far as the rest of it, as long as Joe is done, I can live it. Harris will be the likely nominee, she checks the two major boxes, skin color and sex and the tards cant afford to lose those votes by installing some moron like the Greaser or Wretchmer or Shapiro.
It will be Harris, and Trump will win.
You're welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yosemitebam

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg