Politics

Nikki Haley / Trump Endorsement

I am quite disappointed to see none of the Haley fans have not come forward and stood with her by endorsing Trump themselves.

Not sure what to think of this.

I voted for Haley in the primary though it was a pointless vote. I would've voted DeSantis but it was even more pointless by the time the Arizona election was held. I have stated previous I will vote for Trump not so much as I greatly support him, it's just I could not abide myself voting for Biden. I'd sooner castrate myself with a rusty dull knife than do that.

Haley is doing what she should, though I'm sure she didn't enjoy the moment. But unlike Trump, she's following Reagan's old adage about not speak ill of your fellow Republican and keeping the bigger picture in mind.

I voted for Haley in the primary though it was a pointless vote. I would've voted DeSantis but it was even more pointless by the time the Arizona election was held. I have stated previous I will vote for Trump not so much as I greatly support him, it's just I could not abide myself voting for Biden. I'd sooner castrate myself with a rusty dull knife than do that.

Haley is doing what she should, though I'm sure she didn't enjoy the moment. But unlike Trump, she's following Reagan's old adage about not speak ill of your fellow Republican and keeping the bigger picture in mind.
Agreed.

But let’s face the facts Haley had to endorse Trump out of self preservation for her future, if she wants a future.

I think Haley has been great in many positions, but I never thought she was presidential material. DeSantis on the other hand is a different story.

One of these short clips that say a great deal. This a train inside Russia hauling T-62 tanks to the front from storage. The poster labeled them M models, but they are not. These do not have applique armor. They are mid - Cold War sixties and seventies era platforms, which have received minimal refurbishment from storage and a cage has been added to offer some protection from top attack. They likely have a new radio, but will not have thermal sights or even a laser range finder. The main gun is non-stabilized and will not penetrate a M1, Challenger, or Leopard. They can also be killed by any anti-tank weapon on the battlefield. Armor piercing rounds from even a Bradley will penetrate the side armor. They are death traps for their crews.

. They have fought the Russian army to a standstill and the correlation of forces, particularly with the arrival of modern combat aircraft and renewed US aid is again swinging Ukraine's way. Putin's only realistic hope for a victory is that a Trump administration will force a negotiated solution in Russia's favor

So I actually think this is how Trump can at least bring Russia to the negotiating table. Trump might actually be entering the whitehouse at the perfect time assuming Ukraine is able to utilize F-16s to achieve some air superiority within its boarders.

We have all critized Jake Sullivan's policies of not giving Ukraine what it needs or at least the green light to do what is necessary.

In theory, again this is in theory, but Trump could tell Zelesky we are taking the gloves off, do what is necessary, and don't worry about the 60 mile radius. Trump could impose real sanctions, and with the promise that we are going to export so much oil they will be bankrupt in 3 years.

So you have a situation where Russia has used up most of its modern resources, is burning out artillery barrels, and does not have air superiority, and economic hardships. I dont see a situation where Trump as president that Putin escalates but instead will decide to negotiate with Ukraine.

Now thinking about this on a long term strategic interest, I do believe the DoD has had Ukraine execute exactly as intended. They wanted a meat grinder that would drain Russia's resources, military equipment, and economy. This is why anytime there was a stalemate or look like Russia may gain an upper hand, they give them something new (Leopard Tanks, Cluster Bombs, LR Missiles, the ability to hit within 60 miles of the boarder). The steady drip plays to the psychological effect of keep fighting, this time will be different, while resulting in more dead Russians. While in reality the front lines have only moved a few KM in the last year.

I also believe that any pause, treaty, or peace deal is to give Russia time to acquire, build, and train new resources for another go in decade. Which is why I am a little leary about anything that Russia agrees to.

This war will indeed end in negotiations. Neither side is capable of dictating peace on the steps of the other's capitol. To date, Putin has been unwilling to even enter into a ceasefire unless NATO and Ukraine recognize Russia's annexation of Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson. Russia does not even hold the capitals of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia, and does not have complete control of any of the four. That would not be entering negotiations, that would be forcing a Ukrainian surrender. They have fought the Russian army to a standstill and the correlation of forces, particularly with the arrival of modern combat aircraft and renewed US aid is again swinging Ukraine's way. Putin's only realistic hope for a victory is that a Trump administration will force a negotiated solution in Russia's favor.

I agree.

But let’s face the facts Haley had to endorse Trump out of self preservation for her future, if she wants a future.

Is that a criticism of Haley? For me personally it's an example of why I could never be a politician. One has to eat too many crap sandwiches to be successful in politics and compromise integrity. But I get it, if she has a longer term view of what she wishes to accomplish then these compromises sometimes need to be made. Just glad I'm not in that game, nor really capable of doing so.

I disagree. I think the most effective way to negatively impact the Putin/Xi alliance is to destroy Putin’s army. He becomes seriously less interesting as an ally with no teeth.

Xi seeing a weak neighbor with strategic resources, he might take another strategy all together.

So I actually think this is how Trump can at least bring Russia to the negotiating table. Trump might actually be entering the whitehouse at the perfect time assuming Ukraine is able to utilize F-16s to achieve some air superiority within its boarders.

We have all critized Jake Sullivan's policies of not giving Ukraine what it needs or at least the green light to do what is necessary.

In theory, again this is in theory, but Trump could tell Zelesky we are taking the gloves off, do what is necessary, and don't worry about the 60 mile radius. Trump could impose real sanctions, and with the promise that we are going to export so much oil they will be bankrupt in 3 years.

So you have a situation where Russia has used up most of its modern resources, is burning out artillery barrels, and does not have air superiority, and economic hardships. I dont see a situation where Trump as president that Putin escalates but instead will decide to negotiate with Ukraine.

Now thinking about this on a long term strategic interest, I do believe the DoD has had Ukraine execute exactly as intended. They wanted a meat grinder that would drain Russia's resources, military equipment, and economy. This is why anytime there was a stalemate or look like Russia may gain an upper hand, they give them something new (Leopard Tanks, Cluster Bombs, LR Missiles, the ability to hit within 60 miles of the boarder). The steady drip plays to the psychological effect of keep fighting, this time will be different, while resulting in more dead Russians. While in reality the front lines have only moved a few KM in the last year.

I also believe that any pause, treaty, or peace deal is to give Russia time to acquire, build, and train new resources for another go in decade. Which is why I am a little leary about anything that Russia agrees to.

I follow your logic and I won't disagree. However, Putin has put himself in a bad spot. Anything that resembles something less than a victory will likely mean the end of his reign. I think he knows that. Time will tell.

Terrible. Couldn’t stand her, but nobody should have to endure that. RIP.

I didn't care for her either, but was genuinely sad to hear this. Cancer is such a horrible disease and have lost friends to pancreatic cancer. It is absolutely terrible to see. I hope her family has peace and comfort during this time.

Is that a criticism of Haley? For me personally it's an example of why I could never be a politician. One has to eat too many crap sandwiches to be successful in politics and compromise integrity. But I get it, if she has a longer term view of what she wishes to accomplish then these compromises sometimes need to be made. Just glad I'm not in that game, nor really capable of doing so.
Yes and no.

Yes because I think she is part RINO and part SWAMP.

No because unfortunately it is all part of the political BS game.

I follow your logic and I won't disagree. However, Putin has put himself in a bad spot. Anything that resembles something less than a victory will likely mean the end of his reign. I think he knows that. Time will tell.

I tend to agree, but Putin's higher up friends and enemies all seem to have a similar fate. So not sure who would step up to orchestrat that.

Most people have no real understanding of the history of NAFTA, the president included. If they did, they’d take an entirely different approach.

Regarding tariffs, in the long run, should the course progress as it has, it’ll prove that America is not the big dog long thought (which should be obvious, when one considers the extent to which we rely upon the balance of the world in order to maintain our assumed position).

Regarding the quality of American firearms, the business model of every firm involved is markedly different from that of the esteemed English and Continental makers. This is entirely due to the history of each. In the Old World, the better gunmaking firms arose to meet the demand of aristocracy and landed gentry. Your average person could not afford them then, and your average person cannot afford them now. In America, every gunmaking firm arose to meet the demand of the common citizen. Wonderful, one-offs were on occasion produced, but they were definitely the exception rather than the rule. And the same has held true to the present day.

Regarding Ruger rifles, I have two and happen to quite like each...incredible value for the money, in particular the RSM!
Sorry to necro a post that’s 4 years-old, just thought it was an interesting original point. It seems that hunting/clays/collecting firearms are “one percenter” activities in Europe, at least from what I’ve experienced in Germany and the U.K. In America, the barriers are far less, so virtually anyone can buy and take home an inexpensive firearm in an afternoon, and be in the woods the next day.

While there absolutely is a market for high end firearms in the U.S., and Purdey has stated many times that U.S. customers have kept the company afloat in hard times throughout its history, it’s still puzzling to many here why anyone would own such high end European guns. So, I think for many of us here, owning H&H, Purdey, Rigby, Krieghoff, etc is something we enjoy, but don’t necessarily have a community of like-minded people around us. One anecdote I did hear though, was that Gordy & Sons made the largest single order of Purdey guns in the company’s history…. batch of 15(?) or so.

Anyway, just some ramblings. Mileages, as always.

Specifics?

He wagered on Vance a long time ago; Made the most money betting on Trump's first election of anyone in the world. Everyone is 100% after the fact. Didn't see a lot of correct calls here beforehand.
What does that have to do with the lies he says about the shooting? Compare what he says to what actually happened. Crazy.

Ridiculous? That's amusing because I feel the same way about your characterizations of Trump...

Spot on assessment? An opinion you are entitled to have for sure... However, you miss the point... My comment on your post was not about that particular RNC speech per se'... It was about the feelings anti-Trumpers have in general whereby they are unable to acknowledge without exception anything good that Trump may have accomplished regardless of the circumstances...

Furthermore, if you care to go back into my history of posts in this thread and others you will clearly discover that I have had no problem acknowledging Trump's mistakes and shortcomings, just as I have no problem giving him credit where it is due... God forbid you and some others on here did the same.... LOL...
That’s funny. I actually liked a lot of the speech and thought his reaction on stage in PA to the shooting was incredible. I can see both the good and bad things about Trump. You claim to be able to do the same but attack others that do as well?? WTF??

I merely pointed out that he missed another opportunity with the middle of his speech. His speech was released to the Press at 3000 words. A good speech. He went off-script for an additional 9000 words! Repeating himself, rambling, saying weird things about Hannibal Lecter, etc… that happened! All I did was point out a missed opportunity. Spot on.

Sorry to necro a post that’s 4 years-old, just thought it was an interesting original point. It seems that hunting/clays/collecting firearms are “one percenter” activities in Europe, at least from what I’ve experienced in Germany and the U.K. In America, the barriers are far less, so virtually anyone can buy and take home an inexpensive firearm in an afternoon, and be in the woods the next day.

While there absolutely is a market for high end firearms in the U.S., and Purdey has stated many times that U.S. customers have kept the company afloat in hard times throughout its history, it’s still puzzling to many here why anyone would own such high end European guns. So, I think for many of us here, owning H&H, Purdey, Rigby, Krieghoff, etc is something we enjoy, but don’t necessarily have a community of like-minded people around us. One anecdote I did hear though, was that Gordy & Sons made the largest single order of Purdey guns in the company’s history…. batch of 15(?) or so.

Anyway, just some ramblings. Mileages, as always.
Have you been in their vault? :whistle:

Nice collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuldaCash

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg