Politics

I don’t see how you can call them Hail Mary shots, he went 50% if he did fire eight rounds, 1 Kia and three wounded. If he only fired the first 4 we hear on the video he went 100% hits.

I do not see a "plot" in any of this beyond what was going on in that disturbed young man's head. What I do see is a bullied resentful barely adult man committing a heinous act like far too many others have over the last couple of decades. What I do see is a failed protection effort. Either the site plan was a failure, or the hand off to the execution team was a failure, or the execution, particularly coordination between local law enforcement and the USSS, was a failure. At the end of the day, I suspect we'll find elements of all three at work with a dash of complacency. In miniature, there are many parallels to the complacency that affected airport security on 911.

Events like these only succeed, or nearly do, because plans, organizations, and individuals fail. Breathlessly ascribing it to anything else simply undermines the agencies, institutions, and brave individuals tasked with protecting Trump, or any other principal, next time.
I think complacency was the root cause.
Going through the motions.

The two counters snipers 50 feet away from the stage just looks ridiculously sloppy. “Yeah this is good enough. We don’t need to be hidden or hold the highest ground. We can listen to the speech from here. “

The Iranian plot had nothing to do with the 20 year old Pennsylvania man. But seeing our holes sure did help whoever is plotting.

Agreed. If the Iranians succeed in making an attempt it won't be through a disturbed twenty-year-old with an AR. Both the USSS and particularly the FBI, which is tasked to disrupt the attempt before execution, need to watch for everything from car bombs to a knife in a greeting line and everything between. To remind, an assassin willing to trade his life for the target is almost impossible to stop.
Yes indeed. A man willing to die for a cause is extremely dangerous.

If there is in fact a threat from Iran the usss and the fbi might want to get in their A game,,,,,, if Saturday was in indication on their mind set people are screwed.

I don’t see how you can call them Hail Mary shots, he went 50% if he did fire eight rounds, 1 Kia and three wounded. If he only fired the first 4 we hear on the video he went 100% hits.
Hail mary, as in he opened fire knowing he had nothing to lose in the attempt. Im sure he knew that he was going to die before ever pulling that trigger

I think complacency was the root cause.
Going through the motions.

The two counters snipers 50 feet away from the stage just looks ridiculously sloppy. “Yeah this is good enough. We don’t need to be hidden or hold the highest ground. We can listen to the speech from here. “

The Iranian plot had nothing to do with the 20 year old Pennsylvania man. But seeing our holes sure did help whoever is plotting.
Yep, We can only hope that some serious internal after action effort is taking place within USSS to address those holes and the complacency as well. I don't have any confidence in the current director, but there are a lot of fine professionals still in that agency.

Both the USSS and particularly the FBI, which is tasked to disrupt the attempt before execution, need to watch for everything from car bombs to a knife
How about a terrorist a mile away with a drone and a bomb?

If FedEx or Amazon can deliver a package to your doorstep, I think a motivated terrorist can deliver a bomb. Heck, I bet teenagers can deliver dog crap wrapped in toilet paper to someone’s doorstep and set it on fire

N⁹
Seriously???? One nicked his target. The other 3 were innicents not the intended target. Are you 100% when you miss the Buck but hit the Doe?

N⁹

Seriously???? One nicked his target. The other 3 were innicents not the intended target. Are you 100% when you miss the Buck but hit the Doe?
Serious as a heart attack, he hit his intended target on the first round, he hit a second person on the second round, third round was a hit on another person, fourth round was a hit. If all he wanted to do was drop Trump he did it on the first round. He continued his fire until he was stopped. Since after the first round Trump was no longer visible he’s got other targets. If he hadn’t of wanted to kill more people he would have quit shooting. He’s dead so we will never know. Guaranteed he had no idea what damage he caused to Trump. The same reason he had IED’s in his vehicle, he was planning on more than just tagging Trump.

Last edited:
Do you shoot into the herd of buffalo and call it a success if you hit 4 different animals with 4 shots, including barely grazing the ear of your target bull?

*edit to add* I saw your next post. All 4 of the initial shots are fired before Trump ducks if I remember correctly. Trump doesn't instantly drop: he reaches for his ear, then takes a moment before getting down.

Last edited:
Your follow up reply does offer better insight to the thought process. I do suppose that, from that viewpoint, the additional shots at new or indiscriminate targets would qualify closer as 4 hits

How about a terrorist a mile away with a drone and a bomb?

If FedEx or Amazon can deliver a package to your doorstep, I think a motivated terrorist can deliver a bomb. Heck, I bet teenagers can deliver dog crap wrapped in toilet paper to someone’s doorstep and set it on fire
Ever watch the movie "Olympus has fallen" and the wicked drone attack on the President and his security detail?
I know its the movies and special effects, but it is something to ponder.

Was he trying to hit more targets of or still trying to hit Trump? IED's? they said he had explosives in his car. No mention of IED;s that I have seen. If he wanted to use the explosives I'm he he would have placed them before he tried to shoot Trump.

Do you shoot into the herd of buffalo and call it a success if you hit 4 different animals with 4 shots, including barely grazing the ear of your target bull?

*edit to add* I saw your next post. All 4 of the initial shots are fired before Trump ducks if I remember correctly. Trump doesn't instantly drop: he reaches for his ear, then takes a moment before getting down.
You are missing the point entirely. Look at every mass shooter in the last 30 years….. he intended to take out Trump and pretty positive he wasn’t going to stop shooting once he hit Trump. There is a huge difference between shooting animals and murdering people at random. This guy was intent on killing as many people as he could.

Was he trying to hit more targets of or still trying to hit Trump? IED's? they said he had explosives in his car. No mention of IED;s that I have seen. If he wanted to use the explosives I'm he he would have placed them before he tried to shoot Trump.
Improvised Explosive Device…… = Explosives. He had them for a reason and I’m sure it wasn’t to make popcorn…..

FB_IMG_1721175277977.jpg

Every day both the Ukrainians and the Russians are using improvised explosives loaded onto cheap commercial FPV drones to take out armoured vehicles and individual troops from kilometres away. Given the amount of videos coming out of that war, sooner or later some nut job is going to give it a try and succeed. In the overall scheme of things, guns sit pretty low on the threat ladder.

Improvised Explosive Device…… = Explosives. He had them for a reason and I’m sure it wasn’t to make popcorn…..
Explosives could be for any number of things. IED's are specific explosive. Don't think he was smart enough to build or place an IED. As a side note there is usually enough products under the average household kitchen sink to build a explosive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bbturbo_

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,