Politics

We are all picking on this one agent. Rightfully so. But there are others that showed poor training also.

It’s still a sad commentary that someone is that close to an Ex President with a rifle under her jacket and a handgun and doesn’t have enough training, experience or knowledge on where her holster needs to be.

An E-3 in the basic infantry would be broomed or displined for mishandling a firearm like that. But yet she is a presidential protection agent

It’s embarrassing to show our incompetence to the world. They now know how unsophisticated our protection is.

Our tier two military teams provide better protection to nobody’s in 3rd world countries.

Perhaps the SS should hire retired Tier one operators to train them. Some feelings may get hurt during the selection and training though. And we all know that is what matters these days.
My former SF operator employees worked with SS several times throughout their careers, especially overseas when US politicians were visiting other countries. Unfortunately, they don’t hold the SS in the highest regard but not the worst either. The SF guys always had to demand changes to the plan and get the SS to modify the plan, especially in regards to the perimeter and sniper positions. They tell me this situation was a total fail.

This is an interesting statement that I think bears repeating.
And not just journalism but moreover not recognizing corruption in organizations.

A lot of the never-trumpers that I refer to as country club blue blazer repubs often clutch their pearls when people criticize establishment entities. Not just journalism but things like the 3-letter agencies, the rot in the upper brass in the military, and things like that.

It seems to me they get sensitive because it's a part of their identity. Especially if they were in for a long time. Especially if they perceive you as a "you're not us, you're them."

When I was in there was a saying - "the (insert branch here) takes care of it's own."
It had several meanings but one of them was defensive. I.e., butt out, this is family internal business.
I think that gets ingrained a little too much and these types develop a blind eye for the rot. One of those "but overall we do a lot of good so if we turn a blind eye occasionally..." type of views.

I would further speculate that a lot of the severe distaste for Trump and what they refer to as his "ilk" is really a manifestation of them being offended that he challenged things that are part of their identity and they cannot separate healthy criticism of real problems from an overall attack on the whole.
You know, I get tired of this type of “analysis.” Most Republican people that don’t love Trump feel that way because of WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE OR SAID and nothing else. A lot of people choose to ignore what he has said about distinguished, as well as rank and file, members of the military, his own cabinet and other Republicans. It crosses a line for a lot of people. I’m voting for him as the lesser of two evils but I don’t like his lack of leadership and his lack of understanding of electoral math.

From this you can see the base of the water tower in the upper left portion of the photo.
1721148243633.png

1721148480991.png

1721148343250.png

Agree...

Im not seeing a particularly great sniper perch there (although it might could work.. just cant tell what kind of railing and walkway, etc. are around the tower or what angles you might could get on threat areas)... but at a minimum it would be an excellent place for an observation team to be placed with a high power set of binos and some good camera equipment..

I have worked many of these where an observation team was in the bucket of a bucket truck, they can make about anything work. Some of the largest events I was part of where in pretty rural areas, several of them in the 30k plus in attendance. At the time in 2004, I worked advance on what was then the largest candidate rally in history, it was in the middle of county fairground. There were no buildings other than a couple open sided barns for livestock shows and a food service buildings. We had at least two bucket trucks with teams in them, might have been more.

What I don't quite understand, and I'm still scratching my head in disbelieve, is how this untrained 20-year-old punk was able to do all this, and almost kill Trump. Imagine what a trained professional could have done at this event?

I think the SS is just one of many many organizations and companies that have suffered from hiring and promoting the wrong people for the job.

Entry and Performance standards are lowered to allow the unsuitable and unqualified people into positions they should never be in.

It’s in most companies and government agencies. Like a liberal Cancer

This is an interesting statement that I think bears repeating.
And not just journalism but moreover not recognizing corruption in organizations.

A lot of the never-trumpers that I refer to as country club blue blazer repubs often clutch their pearls when people criticize establishment entities. Not just journalism but things like the 3-letter agencies, the rot in the upper brass in the military, and things like that.

It seems to me they get sensitive because it's a part of their identity. Especially if they were in for a long time. Especially if they perceive you as a "you're not us, you're them."

When I was in there was a saying - "the (insert branch here) takes care of it's own."
It had several meanings but one of them was defensive. I.e., butt out, this is family internal business.
I think that gets ingrained a little too much and these types develop a blind eye for the rot. One of those "but overall we do a lot of good so if we turn a blind eye occasionally..." type of views.

I would further speculate that a lot of the severe distaste for Trump and what they refer to as his "ilk" is really a manifestation of them being offended that he challenged things that are part of their identity and they cannot separate healthy criticism of real problems from an overall attack on the whole.
I do not disagree with your take. Bias, including my own, facilitates a lack of awareness to the downfalls of one’s position. 3 letter agencies, at one time, were considered reputable. Currently, they obviously have a disturbing amount of ineptitude and inefficiency. I would say that the intelligence agencies have steadily declined since the Patriot Act was enacted. The trust in many departments that report through the executive branch are bloated. Most leadership is placed based on favors owed, not prior service and promotion based on performance.

You know, I get tired of this type of “analysis.” Most Republican people that don’t love Trump feel that way because of WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE OR SAID and nothing else. A lot of people choose to ignore what he has said about distinguished, as well as rank and file, members of the military, his own cabinet and other Republicans. It crosses a line for a lot of people. I’m voting for him as the lesser of two evils but I don’t like his lack of leadership and his lack of understanding of electoral math.

I can buy that. But you're obviously not a never-trumper.

I don't like a lot of things the guy has said or done. I wouldn't drink beer with him.
Frankly, your description about how you view most republicans seeing Trump is pretty damn close to my own views on the man.

But in the end, you're making a call based on constraints for a best case scenario as you see fit.
The never-trumpers would let the house burn down with their finger on the fire extinguisher rather than see Trump win.

Sen. Bob Menendez found guilty in corruption/bribery trial. Thoroughly shocked he was actually charged, and not allowed to slither away into the sunset.

I watched a 30 minute interview of JD Vance from the convention. I was rather impressed. Articulate and concise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldcrest

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.