Politics

Anything they pass unconstitutionally limiting SCOTUS or the decisions of SCOTUS will end up before SCOTUS. Schumer must think that we’re idiots!
It is purely for political noise.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of idiots to keep people like Schumer and his ilk in power. God help us.
Yes, the movie "Idiocracy" comes nearer to reality daily...

Biden campaigning in Michigan in the middle of a Democrat mutiny.....lol.

Biden has been slipping in New York, and the media talking heads are saying it could become a battleground state.

How long do you think it will take for people in the blue states to realize that voting for the Dems over and over leads to higher taxes, increased crime and a lack of good jobs?
The low information voters will never understand that That in itself, lies the real problem.

I am convinced the reason that there are individuals voting Dem are based on two things:

1. I don't "like" the other guy. He is mean.
2. I vote for whomever is promising to give me the most "free-stuff". You know, because society "owes" me

I am convinced the reason that there are individuals voting Dem are based on two things:

2. I vote for whomever is promising to give me the most "free-stuff". You know, because society "owes" me
Yes, and number 3 could be: some people like to be sold snake oil. A concept that keeps schlick talking, silver tongued salesmen in business.

They aren't waiting for the government, they just go out "Justice Shopping". ;)

There are those who honestly believe that a greater degree of central control, and a broader set of government services, are a good thing. It doesn’t necessarily make them unintelligent or evil, it just means they believe in a very different societal order than we do.

Why do relational people vote for a modern Democrat?
IMHO

1.Most humans want and need to be given direction and told when and what to do. It makes them feel more secure. Which includes cradle to grave care from anyone willing to provide it.

2.Then there is a faction of White guilt voters. That want to cleanse their soul. By making themselves believe they are noble and virtuous with their false humility.

(I voted for Barrack Obama and Kamela Harris therefore I am a good person and can’t be racist)
Similar to how a Vegan needs to remind everyone how superior they are to you.

Then the L.C.D. The free stuff voter
Just like the Europeans. When 52% of the population votes themselves gold from the treasury the empire is doomed.

There are those who honestly believe that a greater degree of central control, and a broader set of government services, are a good thing. It doesn’t necessarily make them unintelligent or evil, it just means they believe in a very different societal order than we do.
Indeed. Like on the right, there are also upset throngs on progressive sites (reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/MarchAgainstTrump/ ) where pithy one liners are being exchanged about uneducated, gape toothed, brown shirt, boomers dutifully following the guidance of their fascist leader. :E Shrug: Right or left it is virtually impossible to find or hold a mutually respectful discussion of any issue over which there is a political divide. Most, here included, follow the "you are an idiot and here is why" foremat. In my experience, few people really want to actually debate an issue, much less have a belief challenged. Simply exchanging confirmation assertions about the other side is far more comfortable.

I hasten to add, I am not advocating the left's position, but it is useful to remember that half the country thinks very differently than we do. And these are not "elites" posting on these sites.

A typical posting from reddit which has a lot of supporting comments.

trump hate.jpeg

Last edited:
how can you expect a low information voter to understand anything , when you have supposedly intelligent people that vote for the dems?..... bob

The supposedly intelligent "elites" who vote for dems do so out of a combination of factors most of which include their need to have a sense of moral superiority and they get that through the virtue signaling policies which are trademarks of the democratic platform. Most of these elites, which have lots of education on paper, lack common sense and a sense of reality with the real world. The destructive policies which they create, and support don't affect them personally... They thrive on the power that comes from telling the little guy that they know what is best for them even though they themselves have no intention of making the sacrifices they expect you to make... The actual costs for employing these ideologies means nothing to them from the ivory towers from which they hand down their decrees... The actual cost of a gallon of gas or a dozen eggs is meaningless to them because it does not hurt them personally...

Their power derives from their long-standing ability to very successfully propagandize these false ideologies onto the poorest of Americans by convincing them that they are poor only because they are victims of a society that is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc., and they will never get ahead without help that comes in the form of all DEI propaganda... They have convinced them that their personal freedom and dignity is a small cost to pay for being taken care of by the government.... The biggest problem with this now is that we have a huge percentage of the population that has become so conditioned to the dem rhetoric, that they no longer need or expect proof of the results as long as the promises keep coming... This model works until the "let them eat cake" type of breaking point is reached, but when it does, the dems hope to have already taken away all personal freedoms of the people including their ability to revolt in any meaningful way...

I believe we are already well beyond that breaking point, and that is why this next election is so critical to preserving the Republic...

Indeed. Like on the right, there are also upset throngs on progressive sites (reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/MarchAgainstTrump/ ) where pithy one liners are being exchanged about uneducated, gape toothed, brown shirt, boomers dutifully following the guidance of their fascist leader. :E Shrug: Right or left it is virtually impossible to find or hold a mutually respectful discussion of any issue over which there is a political divide. Most, here included, follow the "you are an idiot and here is why" foremat. In my experience, few people really want to actually debate an issue, much less have a belief challenged. Simply exchanging confirmation assertions about the other side is far more comfortable.

View attachment 619403

Exactly. It is a sad thing that we seem to have lost the ability to respectfully debate differing opinions.

I hasten to add, I am not advocating the left's position, but it is useful to remember that half the country thinks very differently than we do. And these are not "elites" posting on these sites.

View attachment 619403

Freud's essays are interesting to revisit. His theories on how we internalize and self-police our beliefs are spot on. The internet has made those exterior influences much more apparent. And, perhaps, dragging those voices out into the open allows anyone to be more critical if they want to. But, it is much more comfortable to not question what you already know.

I think we mistakenly equate the “Elites” of the Party and Media to the average voter.

I think the average democrat voter isn’t a Commie or Marxist. They are not fluent in the larger tug of war going on.

I refer back to my number one reason people vote Democrat. Most don’t think of New World order or fundamentally changing the country. They are just wired to be the type of person that desires safety and security provided by someone, anyone. I may be wrong. But I don’t think it’s only a liberal trait. And it is not a rare trait

1.Most humans want and need to be given direction and told when and what to do. It makes them feel more secure. Which includes cradle to grave care from anyone willing to provide it.

For those who seem befuddled by left wing voters, you might find this video interesting. It is a discussion between Ben Shapiro and Ezra Klein.

For those who seem befuddled by left wing voters, you might find this video interesting. It is a discussion between Ben Shapiro and Ezra Klein.

What is refreshing about that video is 2 guys that absolutely disagree on just about everything political.. can actually have an intelligent conversation and discuss things rationally.. that is indeed rare these days..

I would not want to get into a mental octagon with either of those two.

You better have your side of the argument wired tight to debate either.

I’m lucky to have two good friends that are pretty liberal. I say I’m lucky because they are both in different levels of the Judiciary.

They are talented in argument and listening. We have a few drinks and can have civil discussions from opposing sides.

They are so good, they make you understand where they get their opinion even though they are wrong :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecileStei

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available