Politics

I've heard her name repeatedly called but I think it'll be someone else. I have no other names to offer. I bet there will be a lot of polling and the Dems will have this triangulated every which way before it is over.

“the early 2000s, the San Francisco murder rate per capita outpaced the national average. Within the first six months of taking office, Harris cleared 27 of 74 backlogged homicide cases by settling 14 by plea bargain and taking 11 to trial; of those trials, nine ended with convictions and two with hung juries. She took 49 violent crime cases to trial and secured 36 convictions. From 2004 to 2006, Harris achieved an 87-percent conviction rate for homicides and a 90-percent conviction rate for all felony gun violations”

I don’t underestimate her ability. Sure she moved up by taking Willie’s Willie.
But she was also instrumental in having the whistleblower for the "infant body parts and organs for sale" at the Planned Parenthood or abortion clinic, or some such, be the one, instead of the sellers of body parts, to be prosecuted, video evidence be damned. Can you get lower, or right is now wrong, than THAT?

I've been wondering why the Biden camp allowed Joe to debate, knowing full well that the man is in serious mental decline.?
Were they arrogant enough to think that Joe was going to wipe the floor with Trump, or was Joe being set up for a fall on the world stage?
With 6 weeks until the DNC convention, I wouldn't think they would be setting him up, unless they have a solid replacement candidate thay they are keeping hush on?

I think they simply miscalculated and made a huge mistake..

Watch his public appearance the next day.. he was back on point, capable of speaking coherently, etc etc..

He has periods that he seems to be fully alert and aware…

And periods like D-Day where he wanders off aimlessly…

Just depends on the day…

Note that both Newsom and Whitmer carefully avoided the press opportunity to pledge loyalty to Biden following the Dem governor’s meeting this evening.

Last edited:
Good points.....but I also think the polls are still not taking into account the closet Trump voters. I think the shift in the voting blocks of suburban women, African American men, youth and hispanics compared to 2020 can not be overcome with Biden as the nominee. Now that it is obvious to millions of people that Biden is incapable of being the President the stratgey of keeping him in the basement again will only further cement the fact he is incapable, don't think that strategy will work as well this time. Yes, I agree the Dems will try and cheat again, perhaps even more than they did in 2020 but the RNC is more tuned into many of the tricks the Dems used last time. They will push early voting and ballot harvesting where it is legal and they will have many more more folks monitoring the polling locations in the battle ground states. Also, if the Dems get too brazen with their cheating this time perhaps they get caught. I still think Trump, if he remains healthy and standing, is just about a lock to win. I have placed bets with a few of my staunch liberal friends...I am confident I will be collecting. And even more valuable than the money will be the look on their face when I collect.
Don’t count your chickens if Trump keeps saying stupid things.

What is beyond me is that fact that some folks are still whining, complaining, and pearl clutching about the latest terrible thing Trump said... To readdress your point of Trump driving away prospective voters, I don't see it that way because Trump's behavior is not a new thing... Anyone who has not lived under a rock or in a parallel universe since 2016 knows exactly what Trump is and they now know what he has done as POTUS... Now, they have that record to compare to the record of what I truly believe to be the most incompetent, dangerous, and destructive POTUS of my lifetime in Brandon. I think the voters' decision will reach beyond those character flaws this time around simply because Brandon is far worse than expected and the stakes are way too high.... I'm not arguing that Trump makes it harder than is has to be... But that's who the guy is, and crying about it is not going to change the fact that Trump is the presumptive republican nominee...

With that fact in mind, the choice going forward is very easy. If you hold any hope for your children or grandchildren having a country that even bares a slight resemblance to the country we grew up in, the alternatives are completely unthinkable... Therefore, we must all choose which we hold more dearly which is a symbolic moral high ground from where one can more easily watch the country burn, or the actual preservation of what is still left of the greatest country on this planet... I know which one I am choosing...

Make no mistake, Trump is not the guy I wanted running this time around, but he's the guy we have...
You’re not getting it. Preaching to the choir doesn’t bring in new church members. Trump screwed up on this one right after winning the debate. His narcissism knows no bounds and he’s not fighting for new votes. You’re going to vote for him no matter what stupid things he says. We get that. You’re not a new vote.

Freaking clowns, every demonrat governor is lying out of their teeth
Biden’s not going anywhere. Were he to drop out, it would be embarrassing for him and his family. They are not going to give up the power.

I think they simply miscalculated and made a huge mistake..

Watch his public appearance the next day.. he was back on point, capable of speaking coherently, etc etc..

He has periods that he seems to be fully alert and aware…

And periods like D-Day where he wanders off aimlessly…

Just depends on the day…
Sundowner.

My grandmother had it. She was fairly fine during the day, but once the sun started setting, her mental acuity changed rather dramatically. MBNA Joe's working hours, where he appears to be lucid, are about 1000 - 1600. The debate was at night.

This is a real thing, and it's only going to progress. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Pales in comparison to the number of stupid and often incoherent things said by Biden and Harris. So saying stupid things likely wont hurt him. If Biden stays in the race, which I agree with you is highly likely, he has virtually no chance of wining. I just don't see what the Biden campaign can do at this point to turn things around. Unless the polls are way off, Trump has solid lead in most of the battle ground states. In the past the polls have always under estimated Trump votes because of the silent Trump voter so the lead is likely even bigger than the polls suggest. Also, the RNC has much better leadership now so they won't make the same mistakes that were made in 2020. I think they will get more folks to vote by focusing on early voting and ballot harvesting. On the Dem side of the ledger lawfare has backfired, Kamala can't help turn things around and any policy shifts to the center are likely not to be believed by the America people or run the risk of alienating the far left in the Democratic party. To me all of these things add up to a very likely Trump victory. I am confident enough in this prediction that I have put my money where my mouth is.

I am not a blind Trump supporter, wish someone else had won the primary, but I'll put up with his narcissism to get better policy on 2nd amendment, boarder, crime, taxes, education, energy policy, foreign policy and a hole host of other things.

Pales in comparison to the number of stupid and often incoherent things said by Biden and Harris. So saying stupid things likely wont hurt him. If Biden stays in the race, which I agree with you is highly likely, he has virtually no chance of wining. I just don't see what the Biden campaign can do at this point to turn things around. Unless the polls are way off, Trump has solid lead in most of the battle ground states. In the past the polls have always under estimated Trump votes because of the silent Trump voter so the lead is likely even bigger than the polls suggest. Also, the RNC has much better leadership now so they won't make the same mistakes that were made in 2020. I think they will get more folks to vote by focusing on early voting and ballot harvesting. On the Dem side of the ledger lawfare has backfired, Kamala can't help turn things around and any policy shifts to the center are likely not to be believed by the America people or run the risk of alienating the far left in the Democratic party. To me all of these things add up to a very likely Trump victory. I am confident enough in this prediction that I have put my money where my mouth is.

I am not a blind Trump supporter, wish someone else had won the primary, but I'll put up with his narcissism to get better policy on 2nd amendment, boarder, crime, taxes, education, energy policy, foreign policy and a hole host of other things.
I hope you’re right! I just wish Trump would try to win some independent votes.

Pales in comparison to the number of stupid and often incoherent things said by Biden and Harris. So saying stupid things likely wont hurt him. ...
Independents and moderates are looking for the lessor of two evils, so Trump saying stupid things can tilt the scale in favor of Biden for that demographic. Democrats are already saying Biden on his worse day is still better than the danger to the World Trump poses.

Base on either side do not care and will vote for their candidate regardless.

You’re not getting it. Preaching to the choir doesn’t bring in new church members. Trump screwed up on this one right after winning the debate. His narcissism knows no bounds and he’s not fighting for new votes. You’re going to vote for him no matter what stupid things he says. We get that. You’re not a new vote.

My point all along is that Trump's rhetoric is nothing new and it is apparently having the opposite effect of the concerns you are all voicing... I get what you are saying, and I agree... I would like to see a more consistent and measured Trump when he is in the national stage as well. However, where I disagree is that I don't believe his rhetoric is hurting him as you all assume it will... His numbers continue to rise with all demographics... The independent votes along with black, Hispanic, and millennial votes that he will need continue to grow despite his rhetoric... His swing state numbers continue to rise as well... White, urban and suburban women is the only demographic that he has not moved the needle and that's more likely due to the abortion issue than his character....

Trump, despite being Trump, has had a momentum swing due to several factors... I believe the continued attacks on him from the dems along with Brandon's continued failings on the border, economy, national security, etc., all consecutively aligned with his rapid cognitive decline and the new exposure of the dems attempted cover up have turned voters toward Trump. Now, could he help himself and persuade even more voters with toning down the rhetoric aimed at his base? Absolutely...! But, that has never been my argument here... My argument is that the rhetoric doesn't seem to matter this time around, and that's what you're not getting...

Newsom or Whitmer would be the most formidable opponents Trump could face. It doesn't matter an iota that you think either or both are "ass clowns." Neither is remotely interested in your vote. They will be focused on the middle and stay at home millennials turned off by both old men. Trump might think about that as well.

Either, in the format used with Biden, could make almost as strong a contrast to Trump that Biden did - only in reverse. Pull up the debate and listen to Trump's actual responses again. They are largely barely articulate braggadocio that would not stand up well to articulate counter argument laden with facts. Also, both were governors and so they have no actual ownership of any bad aspects of Biden's policies they might chose to ignore or disparage.

You are correct that my opinion of Newsome being an ass clown doesn't matter to him... Him earning the title of ass clown is based on his terrible record in California along with his handling of Covid and the ridiculous propaganda he spews in attempts to spin his record... He can certainly try to denounce any ownership of Brandon's fiasco of a presidency, but that would be a tough sell when he is in the MSM about every 10 minutes supporting Brandon's policies and telling us how successful they have been.. LOL..!

I don't consider Whitmer a serious candidate and I'm not sure why you would either? She's a white Kamala Harris...

And yes, I saw the last debate... I also saw all the debates in 2015 when Trump dismantled 16 far more formidable political candidates than Newsome will ever aspire to be... Some folks on here have short memories I guess? What facts exactly would Newsome provide that would give Trump trouble? Newsome has no facts and no record... He will smile and lie... That's what he does best... I believe in the right format, Trump would easily expose Newsome for the ass clown that he really is..

I listened to an NPR interview of random liberal Michigan women in public. Not one mentioned abortion as a key issue moving towards November. And when prompted by the NPR reporter all said Inflation and everyday costs were the number one issue. He kept trying to spin them up on abortion. One finally reminded him that Michigan codified abortion law into the states constitution. It’s settled law and they are safe to abort up until 9 months.

Democrats are in trouble in the state of Michigan. As Trump said, abortion was sent back to the states to write laws. As it should be. Unfortunately for liberals. The national stage wedge issue is gone now.

You are correct that my opinion of Newsome being an ass clown doesn't matter to him... Him earning the title of ass clown is based on his terrible record in California along with his handling of Covid and the ridiculous propaganda he spews in attempts to spin his record... He can certainly try to denounce any ownership of Brandon's fiasco of a presidency, but that would be a tough sell when he is in the MSM about every 10 minutes supporting Brandon's policies and telling us how successful they have been.. LOL..!

I don't consider Whitmer a serious candidate and I'm not sure why you would either? She's a white Kamala Harris...

And yes, I saw the last debate... I also saw all the debates in 2015 when Trump dismantled 16 far more formidable political candidates than Newsome will ever aspire to be... Some folks on here have short memories I guess? What facts exactly would Newsome provide that would give Trump trouble? Newsome has no facts and no record... He will smile and lie... That's what he does best... I believe in the right format, Trump would easily expose Newsome for the ass clown that he really is..
No, I said your opinion doesn't matter with respect to the voters they are trying to reach.

I saw each of those debates, and I thought Trump was pretty awful even then. To remind he was barely seventy and he is nearly eighty now. He was inarticulate and promised much that was impossible - "drain the swamp" and "lock her up" were particularly popular then. Unfortunately, in the Republican primary format, anyone with a 35% blindly loyal base defeats fragmented opposition before the field is winnowed.

There are indeed a lot of national unknowns with respect to Whitmer. But, again what any populist, conservative, or republican thinks about Newsom or Whitmer is totally irrelevant. What matters is what the still undecideds and low enthusiasm democrats think with respect to either. Of course, either, or Kamala, will have the full throated support of the MSM.

It is also useful to remember the ass clown from California won his COVID driven recall election with two-thirds of the vote in the state you believe he is destroying. Perhaps California used Dominion voting machines? Either will likely generate a groundswell of support among democratic voters nationwide.

I also am confident two them would dominate the current version of Trump in a debate - at least in the eyes of the press and those pesky undecideds. Rather than a senile old man, they probably would expose a factually lost, bombastic one.

The most interesting thing is, we likely will have our respective theories put to the test.

Last edited:
My point all along is that Trump's rhetoric is nothing new and it is apparently having the opposite effect of the concerns you are all voicing... I get what you are saying, and I agree... I would like to see a more consistent and measured Trump when he is in the national stage as well. However, where I disagree is that I don't believe his rhetoric is hurting him as you all assume it will... His numbers continue to rise with all demographics... The independent votes along with black, Hispanic, and millennial votes that he will need continue to grow despite his rhetoric... His swing state numbers continue to rise as well... White, urban and suburban women is the only demographic that he has not moved the needle and that's more likely due to the abortion issue than his character....

Trump, despite being Trump, has had a momentum swing due to several factors... I believe the continued attacks on him from the dems along with Brandon's continued failings on the border, economy, national security, etc., all consecutively aligned with his rapid cognitive decline and the new exposure of the dems attempted cover up have turned voters toward Trump. Now, could he help himself and persuade even more voters with toning down the rhetoric aimed at his base? Absolutely...! But, that has never been my argument here... My argument is that the rhetoric doesn't seem to matter this time around, and that's what you're not getting...
Trump is and has been up against the lawsuits and his mouth. He hasn’t done much of anything to win new votes. His poll numbers are up a bit due to Biden’s troubles. Is that good strategy or something to count on? He should tone it down, like he did during the debate. It does matter. We are still four months out from the election.

I dont disagree with this statement... but...

Kamala Harris managed to make it to the National Observatory... and 5 years ago I would have said she'll never make it out of California.. no one else in their right mind would support her outside of the lunacy that is NorCal..

I believe many D's would vote for a fruit salad or a bowl of pinto beans... as long as it ensures that Trump doesnt get back into the White House..

While I think Kamala Harris and some of the other options out there (Whitmer) are less than favorable and certainly not people D's are going to get excited about... I dont see 2024 much differently than 2020.. This isnt about getting who the D's like into office.. this is about keeping who they dont like out.. and I think anyone that can string at least 3 thoughts together and speak coherently for more than 5 minutes is a potential threat and shouldnt be discounted..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorineWhit

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.