Politics

99% of the Russian (proper) population does not trust the propaganda. That news report is merely to please the new Politburo
Really? On what do you base that statistic? I have had little opportunity to get to know any average Russians. Those I have known were among the elite - pretty much self-defining if they were encountered abroad. The others were senior military officers - also among the elite. I have not had the opportunity to travel extensively in the country. If you have, I would love to hear your insights.

Russia 1 is recognized as the most trusted news network in the country with almost 40% of the viewership. Solovyov hosts the most popular "news" program on that network. The clip is from his show on Russia 1 yesterday.

It doesn’t matter the boundaries of the country. You can’t piss on peoples head for hundreds of years and tell them it’s raining. People everywhere are pretty smart.

Believe it or not, even Russians

Even during Stalin‘s reign , there were underground media sources for people to learn the truth.

Today, they get a lot of help from our government and our covert propaganda programs inside of Russia.

The public there is not armed and haven’t had a (enzurection) in a while. So they stay where they belong. As subjects.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter the boundaries of the country. You can’t piss on peoples head for hundreds of years and tell them it’s raining. People everywhere are pretty smart.

Believe it or not, even Russians

Even during Stalin‘s reign , there were underground media sources for people to learn the truth.

Today, they get a lot of help from our government and our covert propaganda programs inside of Russia.

The public there is not armed and haven’t had a (enzurection) in a while. So they stay where they belong. As subjects.
I am extremely familiar with Soviet history and have studied the period extensively, so let's set that aside.

How about outlining these current covert US propaganda programs that operate in Russia so effectively.

The Russians have been quite aggressive in the West, particularly in influencing US right wing sites. We had an example in this thread where a Zelensky yacht story was posted to show Zelensky's corruption. It was truly fake news, but because it represented confirmation bias, things like it gain traction even among otherwise intelligent people.

I fully admit that I am dated with respect to CIA and DIA operations, but I am unaware of any meaningful capability to provide alternative facts or propaganda to the Russian general public. That same public who has had access to the wider internet has been forced to curtail that activity as well as Russia has suppressed any hint of dissent.

BBC and VOA continue to attempt to provide coverage in Russia, but both are heavily restricted and hardly covert.

Again my direct experience with Russia is limited to some of their senior military leadership and a number of wealthy Russian hunters. So I am interested in your alternative sources.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1703856668280.jpg

Redleg, I respect your knowledge and experience

I am very careful of posting certain flagged words on the internet. And definitely am not going anywhere near that question. Online.

Remember they target any willing reader. Remember the head of the DNC files being hacked.

The whole Trump Russian agent thing wasn’t targeting republicans. They are equal opportunity disrupters. As are we on every continent.

Unilateral actions by the Maine Secretary of State to remove Trump from the ballot is nothing but election interference, and Hitler-esque.
The Democrat flying Monkeys just keep flinging poop at the wall in the hope that something sticks.
It doesn't matter if you like Trump or not, every American who's not a left wing lunatic should be very concerned with what is happening.

Democrats are now making people guilty without due process. This includes the Kangaroo court shams.

Redleg, I respect your knowledge and experience

I am very careful of posting certain flagged words on the internet. And definitely am not going anywhere near that question. Online.

Remember they target any willing reader. Remember the head of the DNC files being hacked.

The whole Trump Russian agent thing wasn’t targeting republicans. They are equal opportunity disrupters. As are we on every continent.
I am aware of Russian efforts. The Yacht example was a Russian planted story. I am simply highly skeptical of the assertion that 99% of the Russian population doesn't trust their domestic news sources. Again, the popularity of R1 and the program from which I provided a clip is actual evidence. I am also skeptical of any US clandestine propaganda effort being particularly effective in changing those opinions within Russia.

Remember they target any willing reader.
How they would do that? What they would do with someone like me?

I mean if they send me PM, what next? I would not be interested for any political communique from unknown source. Same as Nigerian princess.
And I dont think they will find much interest in me.

Moreover any interesting information, that I read and learn here, I sometimes double check from other internet sources, and they must be verifiable. (like the last one about alleged washington post claim).Then I can make some opinion.

How they would do that? What they would do with someone like me?

I mean if they send me PM, what next? I would not be interested for any political communique from unknown source. Same as Nigerian princess.
And I dont think they will find much interest in me.

Moreover any interesting information, that I read and learn here, I sometimes double check from other internet sources, and they must be verifiable. (like the last one about alleged washington post claim).Then I can make some opinion.
I think they are targeting the uninformed, not us enlightened AH members!

Of course, that would be reasonable!;)

Here's a fun one on a different aspect of politics. It's about The Millenium Challenge Corporation. A California think tank run by pimple faced 22 year olds? Nope.....an agency of your US govt designed to take your tax dollar and give it to others. Formed in 2004, it is awash with young girls of color. They even had a celebration party on Dec 13 this year. Paid for by you. "and plus ones are invited" they said. Gave me a warm fuzzy. I love that one. There is no public input. Complain and you are a racist, misogynist or neo isolationist. They gave $332 million to Zambia....and I think that went ok. Probably. Here's my favorite: $235 million to Armenia. But, oops, Armenia was using the money incorrectly...so they took back $48 million bucks. But, for the $177 million spent they got "25 kilometers of pilot roads"......whatever they are. 15 miles of road for $177,000,000. Don't ask questions....just shut up and pay..................FWB

99% of the Russian (proper) population does not trust the propaganda. That news report is merely to please the new Politburo

It would be very difficult to make a poll in Russia to get a truthful picture of how much the russians trust their media. Most media in Russia are Stateowned media that will never speak against the regime. The few independed media who do excist have a tradition to get their journalist killed if speaking against Putin. Particular if articals about corruption in Putins innercircle are written. Russians know what to answer in public if asked anything that can lead to critiques of Putin. THey lie. Those that walks away without answering won`t lie, but know the danger in telling what they believe.

The same can very well be said about Ukraine. I take all polls, elections and referendums (a?) with some suspicion. The election in the Donbas, where ethnic Russians voted to join Russia, may well be valid....and maybe not...........FWB

99% of the Russian (proper) population does not trust the propaganda.
Every nation is susceptible to propaganda.
And there is propaganda on both sides (Russia and west, by west now I mean EU)
What both sides did first, was blocking the "worst propagandists" web sites of other side.

Our opinions is daily formed by our media.
Is that propaganda?
Propaganda has less effect on educated people, who learn from others sources and with higher degree of education, arguably. But that is not majority of population

To change policy, that need public support, you need media.
I remember exactly the moment when western media changed the narrative on Ukraine.
It was the moment when president Zelensky gave interview in TIme magazine (nobody believes in victory like I do), and about the same time, magazine economist published interview with general Zaluzhny, where both interviews basically showed cracks in Ukrainian leadership, and overall situation, not so optimistic.
After that other media followed.

Then, we know what happened next in congress. But maybe it was accidental, as well.

Like my old (circa 2002 Honda CRV;) off the road because the engine was making funny, whining noises. Can't get it repaired until my mechanics return from Christmas break until 08/01.To divert a little, Colorado and Maine want to remove or bar from the electoral rolls one certain Trump bloke; never mind that he hasn't been convicted yet ... Of course he's going to fight it all the way...

. . . Propaganda has less effect on educated people, who learn from others sources and with higher degree of education, arguably. But that is not majority of population . . .

Concerning the USA I respectfully disagree. We have lots of University graduates who suck up what ever crap comes out on Twitter or TikTok. Critical thinking has been lost and replaced with 30 seconds on social media.

Concerning the USA I respectfully disagree. We have lots of University graduates who suck up what ever crap comes out on Twitter or TikTok. Critical thinking has been lost and replaced with 30 seconds on social media.
I will confirm this. And I will rephrase my post.

If we take for example Hitlers Nazi Germany, and Goebels type of propaganda, many educated people fell under the propaganda spell, and very few did not.
So, education level, does not guarantee free mind.

Deciding factor could be personals moral and personal ethics, and probably personal integrity, (for me I call this my gut feeling) but with all this a person needs to know more then simple head line in the news.
In the world of fast information distribution of mass media, keeping the personal integrity on the course, is becoming very hard. There is no time to digest and process one information till next comes in.

Who said this? Was it Mark Twain? (not sure) But, this often comes to my mind in conversation like this:
If you dont read news paper, you are not informed.
If you read newspaper you are misinformed.

Ya, I'm gonna have to go with @wesheltonj on this one. Young Uni grads are among the easiest to dupe. Emotion clouds or eliminates any critical thought processes. Remember Covid? It started in Wuhan, in workers that worked at the largest laboratory on Earth dealing with and enhancing Covid viruses. The index cases were in Wuhan. Professors of virology said it came from the lab. But because Trump called it "The Chinese Virus" the dems immediately refused to believe it. Said it came from a lizard in Mongolia (maybe a hamster in Rhode Island....makes as much sense). No thought, all hate......FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristiRan

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with