Politics

The pull of power and control must be something that many can’t let go of. If some of our politicians don’t realize they can no longer represent their constituency with some sense of competence their handlers or staff should allow them to bow out respectfully. I guess the staff enjoy their power as well so that won’t happen very often.

:A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit::A Vomit:

maxine.jpg

“If you’ve done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to hide.”

Gun owners in the US are often asked why we object to registration schemes since we are assured that “no one is coming for your guns.”

Well, in North Wales there is a counselor who, having seen how many guns are registered there, has become alarmed and wants to restrict them. The law abiding gun owners have committed no crime but now they are at risk of losing their property simply because the government is allowed to know what they have.

This is why firearm registration, especially at the national level, should be opposed in the US. It doesn’t matter if the current crop of politicians swears that they will not come for your guns when you’ve made it so easy for their successors.

Look what’s happening in Commucanada, it started with long gun registration, then a ban on handguns with barrels less than 4” and 25 and 32 cal handguns. Now a ban on all “assault looking” rifles all semiautomatic rifles and a complete ban on all handguns. DON’T GIVE AN INCH, they will take it all!

Her track record was as a centrist. That is hardly a personal opinion. She is recognized as such by every informed political analyst of whom I am aware. That doesn't mean she wasn't a liberal - she was - all democrats pretty much are these days. But her politics were well to the right of the AOC's, Milulski's, and Cantwell's of this world. And God knows she was a lot brighter than Hirono. But throughout her career, she regularly worked compromises with colleagues across the aisle.

She thoroughly angered the left through the confirmation hearings during the Trump presidency. It is why they have been clamoring for her to retire for several years.

I am curious how you determined she was a "terrible human being." Yes, she was a powerful member of the senate and was willing to use that power - an institution that rewards long tenure - but that is the same with her republican counterparts.

She was a strong proponent of gun control measures. But that also represented the will of the majority of her California constituents. Her position also no doubt reflected her personal experience and trauma when George Mascone and Harvey Milk were murdered at city hall in San Francisco. She found Milk's body.

She was also a competent debater who rarely suffered fools. Her pummeling of Sen Larry Craig and a young Ted Cruz were legendary in the senate.

All I can guarantee you is that her successor almost certainly will represent the farthest left wing reaches of her party.
Represented CA constituents do not have a right to vote out constitutional rights, like the second amendment. There are God given rights which are inviolate even if a vast majority thinks otherwise. She may have been a saavy politician, but she was a leftist danger to the second amendment.

Good news Friday. Feinstein just met her expiration date.

If I was a leader in the Democrat party, these thoughts would be going through my head:

1. We get Kamala Harris to move back to the Senate and replace Feinstein. Newsom has already said he will replace with a woman of color. We get donors to stuff her bank account with millions to make this happen.

2. Get Biden to name Newsom to replace Harris.

3. Get Biden to step down for health reasons, promising him that Newsom will pardon the entire family of everything they have ever done or thought of doing.

4. Newsom is now the incumbent with a year to flash his smile prior to the 2024 election.

No clue if this is in the cards but this scenario has to be near the top of the list at the moment.

It amazes me that the people who make images like this can't be bothered to use spell check (or confirm whether something is a real quote, for that matter). How an image like this is supposed to sway or inform those with a head on their shoulders is beyond me. Maybe it's a level of 4D chess I just can't comprehend.

I was no fan of Feinstein and am resolutely against gun control in any fashion, but at least pick a real quote and crack open a dictionary (note: this is not directed at you, Brent in Az, as I assume you did not make the image but are only resharing it).

I'm sure there are no shortage of actual gun control quotes and soundbites one could use; Feinstein has been in office since the Protestant Reformation.

Represented CA constituents do not have a right to vote out constitutional rights, like the second amendment. There are God given rights which are inviolate even if a vast majority thinks otherwise. She may have been a saavy politician, but she was a leftist danger to the second amendment.
Of course she was. The quote above was her comment with respect to the "assault rifle" legislation under Clinton which she championed. The second quote is BS.

The issue we all need to grapple with is not the view of a Feinstein, but get our heads around the fact the majority of her constituents fully supported her position. That majority has exercised their right to interpret the constitution pretty aggressively in that state with respect to guns for the last thirty years. That seems to be a steadily growing consensus among an ever growing part of the electorate across many states.

Our "God given rights" exist only so long, and only in such a way as voters and judges interpret them. It is why the founders decide to create the Bill of Rights rather than count on God. Those were political decisions, and political means exist to substantially change or reinterpret them. Newsome has already offered his vison of that mechanism through a new constitutional amendment. You can bet the person he choses will vigorously support those views.

Finally, we are a liberal majority of one away in SCOTUS from a reinterpretation of the 2d amendment focusing on its "militia" content.

Maybe if we cut a bunch of other crap yes, but our debt is $33,000,000,000,000 with no end in sight bro.
As long as we're the World's reserve currency debt doesn't matter for NOW.
We have the printing press and can pay all the debt if we want to.
Problem is if we do that the value of US dollar might be cut ten fold.

If I was a leader in the Democrat party, these thoughts would be going through my head:

1. We get Kamala Harris to move back to the Senate and replace Feinstein. Newsom has already said he will replace with a woman of color. We get donors to stuff her bank account with millions to make this happen.

2. Get Biden to name Newsom to replace Harris.

3. Get Biden to step down for health reasons, promising him that Newsom will pardon the entire family of everything they have ever done or thought of doing.

4. Newsom is now the incumbent with a year to flash his smile prior to the 2024 election.

No clue if this is in the cards but this scenario has to be near the top of the list at the moment.
Great minds - I proposed this exact scenario to the lovely Mrs. Red Leg over lunch today.

It amazes me that the people who make images like this can't be bothered to use spell check (or confirm whether something is a real quote, for that matter). How an image like this is supposed to sway or inform those with a head on their shoulders is beyond me. Maybe it's a level of 4D chess I just can't comprehend.

I was no fan of Feinstein and am resolutely against gun control in any fashion, but at least pick a real quote and crack open a dictionary (note: this is not directed at you, Brent in Az, as I assume you did not make the image but are only resharing it).

I'm sure there are no shortage of actual gun control quotes and soundbites one could use; Feinstein has been in office since the Protestant Reformation.
People who are making images like that are just uneducated pawns regardless they are from right or left!

China is flying it's flag at half mast for Feinstein.
Show some respect.
She was a USA senator and as far as I know never suspected of treason or bribery.

The pull of power and control must be something that many can’t let go of. If some of our politicians don’t realize they can no longer represent their constituency with some sense of competence their handlers or staff should allow them to bow out respectfully. I guess the staff enjoy their power as well so that won’t happen very often.
Their staffs don't keep reelecting them - the constituents do.

As Ive stated before, the opinion of a person who uses a screen name of a violent and murderous fictional character, means absolutely nothing to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck Africa

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well