Politics

If they did it right, and let the chips fall where they may (which I'm certain they won't), it's 2 birds with one stone. Overnight, drugs get cheap (risk to the dealers on a variety of fronts is why they're expensive to begin with), and the overdoses will peak and then fall off pretty sharply I would imagine.

But like as not, they'll pooch it, and make the "rehabilitation" of these folks a necessary expense of the provincial or federal government, or both.

The other upside to decriminalization, and I speak as a former Houston police officer on this, it will serve to demilitarize the police. That's a win for everybody. The War on (some) Drugs has all but neutered our 4th amendment protections from search and seizure.
You are correct that the government will fuck this up. They have had safe injection sites for years now as it will prevent OD’s, not! It will cost everyone more to pay for the incompetence of government.
I see it will ease the pressure on police and the courts for the drug charges but I don’t believe it will prevent OD’s or crimes against other peoples, they are still addicts.

6FE4F370-F290-4FCC-A4A9-19A5F8132AC7.jpeg

You are correct that the government will fuck this up. They have had safe injection sites for years now as it will prevent OD’s, not! It will cost everyone more to pay for the incompetence of government.
I see it will ease the pressure on police and the courts for the drug charges but I don’t believe it will prevent OD’s or crimes against other peoples, they are still addicts.
It will end the pressure on police and courts for a lot of violent crimes as well. If, for example, cocaine went from 20k USD for a kilo to 100-200 USD for a kilo, I imagine the rampant turf wars would come to a screeching halt, just like the rampant turf wars ended when the prohibition on alcohol was lifted in the early 30s here.

But yeah, in the grand scheme of things, the lefties have the knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Colorado had a good chance 10 years ago. And they made the weed laws rather Byzantine and arbitrary as far as I can tell, judging by the continued existence of a large black market for weed.

1654223973196.png

1654228447215.png

It will end the pressure on police and courts for a lot of violent crimes as well. If, for example, cocaine went from 20k USD for a kilo to 100-200 USD for a kilo, I imagine the rampant turf wars would come to a screeching halt, just like the rampant turf wars ended when the prohibition on alcohol was lifted in the early 30s here.

But yeah, in the grand scheme of things, the lefties have the knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Colorado had a good chance 10 years ago. And they made the weed laws rather Byzantine and arbitrary as far as I can tell, judging by the continued existence of a large black market for weed.
They set up a system that taxed it at such a level the black market is still cheaper. The banking system won't allow known drug money to be deposited because of the federal laws, resulting in an almost entirely cash enterprise. It also made it impossible for LE to determine if what someone had on them was legally or illegally grown and distributed.
The reality is, the legalization did nothing but attract a bunch of illegal growers (I could literally take you to over 400 illegal grows and never leave this county), potheads, and others that think recreational drug use is ok. Crime has been on a steady climb since 2013. We went from a red state to dark blue in that 10 years you reference. The legalization was passed by the narrowest of margins. Now, look what got elected as governor, and who our senators are. Colorado IS the perfect example of how Democrats can f*ck up a state very quickly.

If they did it right, and let the chips fall where they may (which I'm certain they won't), it's 2 birds with one stone. Overnight, drugs get cheap (risk to the dealers on a variety of fronts is why they're expensive to begin with), and the overdoses will peak and then fall off pretty sharply I would imagine.

But like as not, they'll pooch it, and make the "rehabilitation" of these folks a necessary expense of the provincial or federal government, or both.

The other upside to decriminalization, and I speak as a former Houston police officer on this, it will serve to demilitarize the police. That's a win for everybody. The War on (some) Drugs has all but neutered our 4th amendment protections from search and seizure.

Bit of an insight into how Russian TV is reporting the war in Ukraine....

BBC News - Ukraine war: How Russian TV has reported the 100 days of conflict

The war on drugs is all but over. For example, in Texas, the DPS lab in Austin cannot determine the difference between weed and hemp, so no one get prosecuted. hard drugs first offense in mandatory probation, unless you have a prior felony. Minor amounts are State Jail Felonies, which generally get reduced under 12.44CCP to time served in the County Jail. I’ve seen 1st degree drug cases, pled down to State Jail Felonies and the 12.44 on top of that. Unless that Taxpayers are willing to spend serious money building and staffing more prisons, not much is going to happen.

Legalize drugs, would wipe out a lot of government workers. Which could be good or bad depending if it’s your job that has been eliminated. DEA, Police, local, state, federal, courts and staff.

It's a doubled edged sword. But look at what certain cities in Californicate and other states have become with their no prosecution policy. Junkies all over, crime up, the places have become sh1tholes...

Opening the door a little only let's a little wind in. Throwing it wide open only let's in even more.

IMHO

Eliminating the drug problem is solvable. But it would need to be a PROPER war. We know where the plantations are, where the money is, who the players are... one thing we don't have is the balls to send in the A10's / F16 / Abrams / flamethrowers... until then it's all for show.

Once again IMHO

It's a doubled edged sword. But look at what certain cities in Californicate and other states have become with their no prosecution policy. Junkies all over, crime up, the places have become sh1tholes...

Opening the door a little only let's a little wind in. Throwing it wide open only let's in even more.

IMHO

Eliminating the drug problem is solvable. But it would need to be a PROPER war. We know where the plantations are, where the money is, who the players are... one thing we don't have is the balls to send in the A10's / F16 / Abrams / flamethrowers... until then it's all for show.

Once again IMHO
I'd suggest the real problem in Cali isn't the drugs, it's the bleeding hearts' response to drug users, and them forcing taxpayers to continue subsidizing nihilistic behavior. When people are absolved of paying the price for their folly, they will continue on with their folly. Others will join them.

1654264596378.png

They set up a system that taxed it at such a level the black market is still cheaper. The banking system won't allow known drug money to be deposited because of the federal laws, resulting in an almost entirely cash enterprise. It also made it impossible for LE to determine if what someone had on them was legally or illegally grown and distributed.
The reality is, the legalization did nothing but attract a bunch of illegal growers (I could literally take you to over 400 illegal grows and never leave this county), potheads, and others that think recreational drug use is ok. Crime has been on a steady climb since 2013. We went from a red state to dark blue in that 10 years you reference. The legalization was passed by the narrowest of margins. Now, look what got elected as governor, and who our senators are. Colorado IS the perfect example of how Democrats can f*ck up a state very quickly.
Colorado certainly has changed since legalization. Lots of people moved there just for the weed and of course brought their politics with them. I used to love to go to Denver, now I get in and out of there as quickly as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosSpin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg