Politics

An incredible attack on democracy. Forty-four years as an Army officer and DA civilian, never thought I would see this. So much for our "law and order party." Thank you Mr. President.

I've been watching the news and have seen reports that ATF and FBI agents are mobilizing, Virginia and Maryland are sending National Guard and State Police at the request of the DC Mayor. Also DC National Guard is activated. A 6pm curfew order has gone out. Sad day for our nation.

I do agree with @BSO Dave comments of the hypocrisy of the media and politicians. The BLM protests were violent to no end and everyone turned a blind eye. Today's protest in DC is relatively tame and yet everyone is acting like it's the worst thing they've ever seen.

How about some equal justice for all???

I am reminded of when Lincoln was elected president. Several southern states had already seceded from the Union. Lt. General Winfield Scott, despite his Virginia roots, was loyal to the Union. Scott had to protect then President-elect Lincoln as he trekked from the heartland to back east for the inauguration. Washington DC was fortified with US troops for the inauguration.

History might repeat itself in a few weeks.

There are some things in life where anyone with a brain knows the truth even though some group says otherwise-
there was Lee Oswald as part of a group to assassinate President Kennedy despite the govt whitewash
Then ther was Orinthal Simpson (heavy on the SIMP) killing his estranged wife and friend even though some shyster lawyers got him off
Then there was the 2020 election which was sabotaged by millions of fake votes and improprieties even though the various authorities could find no proof
AND now there's this: the stealing of the Georgia election even though some claim it was valid.

One can only wonder what the outcome of continued actions will be.

Anybody blaming this on Trump has a shallow pool of thought. This shit has been brewing for years and generations. Hell, this was the capital and it was more peaceful than when some thug gets justifiably shot by police but the msm won't play it that way at all.

An incredible attack on democracy. Forty-four years as an Army officer and DA civilian, never thought I would see this. So much for our "law and order party." Thank you Mr. President.
I am completely with you on this.

The last time the our capitol was violated like this was August the 4th 1814. This makes me sick to my stomach. Nothing that happened in Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Washington justifies this behavior. Great way to end a presidency. And a stupid one. It will only serve to marginalize Trumpism within the party and the nation, and puts a really ugly face to the our side's alleged love of country and support for the institutions like the police and National Guard that protect society.

So the voter fraud in 2020, the censorship of the media, abuse by DOJ, the fact that we had a VP on the CCP payroll but some idiots storm the capital and that is where you draw the line.

While I am a Trump supporter and I also voted for him this crap sits right on his shoulders.

All if not most of this could of been avoided if he would just admit that Biden is going to be the next President. In all of the court cases that Trump's group have brought there isn't one that has made it past the first step. Even if there has been voter fraud nothing has been proved that there was. I have seen he said, she said article and everything else floating around the internet but when it comes down to the proof of it nothing shows up. It is a lot like Adam Schiff's bogus claims that he had a brief case full of proof to impeach Trump, where is that proof? The facts are that there wasn't any proof.

If anyone has any hard proof and I mean actual proof I am willing to listen or look at it but just saying that there is fraud doesn't mean a thing.

Finally if you ask me the Republicans have brought a lot of this upon themselves. They had control of both houses for 2 years and all they did was fight amongst themselves. They accomplished nothing, and then they wonder why they are loosing elections.

Here in Colorado the Republicans have not put a valid candidate before the public for Governor for the last 20 years and it shows with the way that the state has gone. The same can be said for why they lost the one Republican Senator that we had this last election. Gardner was a joke, and the voters knew it and kicked him out for another joke of Hickinlooper.

Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany January 30, 1933. Following the "disruptions" instigated by his party a law was passed on March 24, 1933 that give him unilateral power. That's 53 days from a democratically controlled position to full dictator.

My guess is that it will take Ms Horrible a little longer because she will have to unload the Bidet as a preliminary step. But then, she does have BLM and Antifa fulfilling the duties performed by the SA and Google, and she has the FBI, CIA and others doing the job of the SS and Gestapo; so I won't be real surprised if it happens sooner than the previous benchmark.
Your analogies to Hitler's Enabling Act (Ermächtigungsgesetz) are completely off the mark.
Comparing FBI and CIA with Gestapo + SS shows that you really don't have the slightest idea about Hitler's seizure of power.
I would be ashamed of this comparison.

A couple of things. Few if any court actually allowed evidence to be presented and if they did they blew it off saying that in THEIR state it wasnt enough to change the result. Taken in total there is no doubt in my mind that the election was fraudulent in a big way. How much? , I guess we will never know.

SCOTUS didnt even look at it! They just tossed it for technical reasons, cowards is what they are.
As for today, most unfortunate, but almost understandable if you look at America today. As mentioned above, Trump was attacked before he even took office by the Swamp in govt from top to bottom.

The whole Russia collusion thing was hung on him from day one. Totally fraudulent charge!

Then came the horrendous phone call to Ukraine for which he was impeached in the House, thankfully not the Senate. The same kind of call that Biden publicly bragged about to the same country!
When you have an avowed Hillary supporter, liberal like Dershowitz representing you in court as Trump did, thats worth considering.

It was just one thing after another and why? Because the LEFT would not accept the results of the 2016 election! Sound familiar?

Then a 6 month or longer shut down of America, and the subsequent riots, lootings, burnings, killings in our cities streets that is still ongoing in places. Why would anyone be surprised by what happened today.

There is a lot of finger pointing and fingers in the air proclaiming what a horrible day for America this was.
Maybe this is the wake up call that is needed to put this country back on track. Time will tell.
Just my views, aint gonna argue about it all day.

What happened in D.C today, is exactly what was needed. The only thing that would have made it better, would have been watching the swamp rats being drug out of chambers by their hair, with Pelosi, and McConnell, being first in line. Unfortunately, they were all hiding in the basement safe space, protected by armed guards. The same protection that they would gladly deny all of us.

D.C is full of spineless cowards. Mike Pence is the latest addition to a long and growing list.

The writing is on the wall.

Give whole new meaning to a "premium" load. ;)

I can see the marketing campaign for gold bullets now....

" Hornady Gold Standard Ammunition - it may not hold together but it will be worth a fortune when you melt it down.”

Tip of the iceberg. It's going to be an ugly year and I'm looking at worse things to come when the party in power tries to dictate instead of legislate..

Tip of the iceberg. It's going to be an ugly year and I'm looking at worse things to come when the party in power tries to dictate instead of legislate..
Oh, just wait and see how high the Bidet can jump when his boss China tells their boy to jump.

American society has turned bipolar. If lets say a Democrat president had lost an election and Democrat supporters stormed the Capitol, Republicans would be up in arms calling for the protesters to be shot, arrested etc... as was the case with the BLM protests/riots etc... They would also be praising the police to no end.

During the summer when the BLM and Democrats where protesting, the Democrats where calling the police racist, that they need to be de-funded, they are evil etc... but now when the protesters/rioters are Republican and pro-Trump they are praising the cops for their hard work, professionalism etc... And likewise now certain Republican supporters are saying these protesters/rioters should attack the police, storm the capital etc...

Also look at the way Melania Trump was treated. Republican Trump supporters praised her as being the first foreign born First Lady in 200 years, that she is beautiful, speaks many languages etc... and yet Democratic supporters made fun of her accent and called her a communist hooker. If she had been a Democrat president's wife or first lady the roles would have just been reversed.

I actually find this current state of affairs in US politics quite comical tbh.

A European Viewpoint

This is a Prague (Czech Republic) newspaper quote:

"The danger to America is not Joseph Biden, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Biden presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Biden, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

"The Republic can survive a Biden, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
This was sent to me, author unknown.

This is one subject where both left and right, Democrat and Republican, Liberal and Conservative, should see eye to eye. China is the once and future enemy. China has the population both to impose its will and at the same time to attract Western businesses . . . and the values espoused by the Chinese government have no relation to the foundational values of Western societies (and I include Russia here - the Chinese are no more than friends of convenience with Russia).

The blogger who first broke the news of the Wuhan virus was sentenced last week to four years in prison. Her crime? “Picking quarrels and provoking trouble”! Seriously - that’s a crime in China. [If that was a crime here, I wouldn’t be the only one in serious trouble]. Jimmy Lai (a 70+ year old and one of the richest men in Hong Kong) has been arrested in Hong Kong for supporting Hong Kong democracy and religious freedom (he is an ardent Catholic). The West stands by and says little and does less.

It’s about time we held Western companies who know-tow to China in violation of Western norms that we see them and we aren’t happy about it. And it’s about time that Western governments stopped chasing business in China at the expense of freedom and human rights. We are enabling our enemy and we will come to regret it. Sooner rather than later.

When it comes to China its the "West" that tied and put on its own noose. Corporate or even lets say more broadly western greed is what led to China's rise. Corporations seek to maximize their profits- that is their mandated to generate as much money as possible for their shareholders. Consumers in Western countries are quite materialistic and want cheap goods. Labour in the West is extremely expensive especially compared to the cost of labour in China. The Chinese are capable of mass producing goods at rates that the West cannot even come close to matching. When Western businesses saw this they were licking their chops and thought that they could control China. What ended up happening is the Chinese now have increasing influence over these Western corps and governments in general. They have also expanded their markets to the non-western world as well, where a majority of the Earth's population lives.

But if you look at a retailer like Walmart or Amazon- where a lot of North Americans buy a lot of their goods from- most of the goods sold by these 2 businesses are made in China. Walmart for instance sells a lot of cheap crappy things from China- but it is the world's largest corporation because this is stuff or should i say s##t that North Americans are buying in droves. So the blame for China's rise also falls squarely on the shoulders of the American consumer who is gobbling this stuff up. Actually I would reckon that most products that most Canadians have in their houses are made in China. Britain and the US later become global powers or superpowers by being the world's factory in their respective eras- this title has now gone to China. Its only a matter of time (a few decades) before China becomes the world's pre-eminent power. And I don't really see a way, or even the will, by the west to stop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magnum308

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?