Politics

Pardon my economic ignorance but would it not be more impressive for the market to reach record highs with low inflation instead of high?
Another of these pesky statistics, but review this with respect to current inflation. It is why the "economy stupid" argument has started to fade and why the Trump campaign has pivoted so strongly to immigration and Haitians eating cats.

Pardon my economic ignorance but would it not be more impressive for the market to reach record highs with low inflation instead of high?

There you go with that logic stuff…

My point was if a 30K Dow was a sign of great accomplishment and great economy for Trump (his words), then a 41.6K Dow is the same for Biden.

Fed is lowering the rates due to positive economic indicators.
It does make one wonder just where would the Stock Market be if Trump had been President this past 3.5 years?

Would the Fed need to be lowering rates? Would they ever have increased rates the way they did to temper the inflation created by Bidenomics?

It boggles the mind to think through how the World is different because of the Biden Administration's stubborn desire to change everything.

I seriously doubt Russia would have invaded Ukraine and if it had, certainly more decisive decisions would have come out of the White house and I feel more would have been done to stop it before it started.

No way would Iran's economy have been boosted and turned loose. Very likely the Abraham Accords would have been finished. . Really doubt the Middle East would be on fire.

What might have happened regarding the despot in North Korea? Would that country be joining an evil axis power with China (perhaps), Iran and Russia? Who knows but Trump was at least communicating with him.

Pretty sure the Afghanistan withdrawal would have happened but been managed properly. Our best night vision and sniper equipment would not be making its way to all sorts of nefarious characters World wide. Not to mention how that ineptitude and weakness emboldened all our rivals.

Quite sure the Federal Government would not have spent those last Trillions creating more inflation. Without that inflation, there would have been no interest rate hikes. Housing would likely be going gangbusters.. Might even have cut off a lot of the incentives for people to NOT work so perhaps we'd have a more respectable worker participation rate and less welfare. We would definitely not have been inundated with all these illegal immigrants!

We would very likely be the dominant oil and overal energy producer in the World.

So where does that point the Stock market? Personally I don't care all that much. I'd much prefer an economy based on real production rather than overzealous government spending and a heavily subsidized unrealistic energy policy. It may well employ a hell of a lot of engineers, construction workers and technicians in this new energy sector. Does that mean it is good for the overall economy compared to letting markets find their natural way?

And now what happens if Harris is elected? Actual World War III breaks out? Maybe, maybe not... But does China move into a stronger, unfettered position, likely. Does the Axis Alliance of China, Russia, Iran and North Korea gain strength? Where do other countries allign? India, Brazil, and South Africa are allready in an Economic alliance with China and Russia.

Does she get her way on a Tax and Spend policy leading to higher inflation and higher interest rates?

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1726537339039.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannieCol

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles