Politics

80afa9226f3e69aa.jpg

What a few days in the news: Friday night Alec Baldwin gets away with manslaughter, former President Trump gets shot and plays golf the next day and today Morning Joe is off of the air and Trumps classified documents case is dismissed.

Chances of Cannon’s dismissal standing are zero. Looks like she just wanted off of the case.

Smith will definitely appeal...

But Im not 100% convinced he will succeed..

Cannons ruling overturns "20 years of precedent".. ok... well.. 20 years really isnt that long of a period of time all things considered.. that means for 200+ years things were done differently..

And November will come and go before any appeal gets fully heard and decided upon.. the outcome of November will likely significantly influence the DOJ's willingness to continue to pursue or not..

Cannons ruling overturns "20 years of precedent".. ok... well.. 20 years really isnt that long of a period of time all things considered.. that means for 200+ years things were done differently..

And November will come and go before any appeal gets fully heard and decided upon.. the outcome of November will likely significantly influence the DOJ's willingness to continue to pursue or not..
Totally agree, just because something was precedent for 20 years doesn’t mean it was right or good precedent for that period of time.

The election will most likely decide the outcome.

Chances of Cannon’s dismissal standing are zero. Looks like she just wanted off of the case.
On the contrary. She has a reputation of being very deliberative. She is also an originalist - a member of the Federalist Society. Whatever democrats may believe, that is a legitimate approach to the law. Jack Smith, unlike Mueller, was never vetted before the senate for any position whatsoever. He is a private citizen pursuing a former and perhaps future president. Justice Thomas spoke to this specific issue in the immunity ruling. We'll see what the 11th circuit has to say - and likely, eventually the Supreme Court.

Any luck at all smith will be prosecuted for tampering with evidence along with several other leftist communists

On the contrary. She has a reputation of being very deliberative. She is also an originalist - a member of the Federalist Society. Whatever democrats may believe, that is a legitimate approach to the law. Jack Smith, unlike Mueller, was never vetted before the senate for any position whatsoever. He is a private citizen pursuing a former and perhaps future president. Justice Thomas spoke to this specific issue in the immunity ruling. We'll see what the 11th circuit has to say - and likely, eventually the Supreme Court.
Except Thomas could not get any other Justices to sign on to his opinion.

Great post Ed...

In my estimation, the ideology of forcing outcomes based on physical attributes, or lack thereof, rather than merit-based criteria is the most damaging and destructive of all the left's failed policies... Unfortunately, this is not the first instance and will certainly not be the last of someone being injured or killed because of DEI policies and their inevitable consequences.

I can tell you from first-hand experience in 30 years as a cop in a big metropolitan area, DEI has resulted in serious detrimental effects on the profession as a whole. As the practice became more prevalent in toward the end of my career, there were dozens of instances of women deputies getting their asses kicked because they simply did not meet the physical standards necessary to not only protect themselves but to protect their fellow officers as well as the public... I vividly remember one instance where a female officer that stood 5'3" and weighed 120lbs. who was in good physical shape (for her size) was nearly beaten to death while trying to take a large male suspect into custody by herself... Sadly, I have many friends and collogues in the fire service that echo the same exact results of DEI policies in their field as well...

The negative results of DEI ideologies don't play out in the elite world of academia where they are dreamed up, so the damage they cause in professions that actually require both physical and mental minimum standards will continue to suffer...
Spot on sir. I too worked as a cop for 25 years in a large metro area about 1.6 million population with approximately 1600-1700 sworn. I still remember a call for service for some type of disturbance, my cover officer was a 5-3 130 female. Upon arrival and contact we were faced with a 300 plus lb angry Samoan male, suffering from some type of psychotic episode and you could see in his eyes he was getting ready to go berserk. I called for backup, instructed my partner to stand away with her back to a wall, and if I lost, to shoot him. This was before the issuance of Tasers (which are not always effective). My less lethal weapons were a 29 inch cocobolo wood baton and pepper spray.

I will say I worked with some pretty good female cops however. They knew their physical limitations and performed accordingly. In my opinion, the majority of the job involved using your brain housing group, practicing good officer safety at all times and making sound tactical decisions. Just like the military, there were two separate physical performance standards, a reduced standard for females.

Our agency had a very liberal use of force policy, the carotid artery hold was still authorized as less lethal force and lethal force could be used for a size disparity physical threat to mention a couple. I recall a smaller male officer, probably 5-4, 150 lbs, chasing a strong arm robbery suspect who was significantly larger, who stopped, turned and faced the officer and punched him. The officer subsequently shot the suspect (We averaged 12 or more OIS a year). I was 6-3, 245 during those years (I’ve slimmed down a bit in retirement) and I remember thinking to myself, damn there would be a lot of bodies laying on the street if I shot every suspect who tried to punch me!

We had a full time SWAT team of 12 officers and a reserve team of 12 officers. There had never been a female SWAT officer in the history of our department, primarily because they stubbornly refused to utilize the National FBI physical testing standard for SWAT. Part of our own in house SWAT test involved doing a minimum of 4 pull-ups with a weighted 45 lb. vest. Very few females on our agency could do this. I knew of one, a weightlifter, but she was never interested in SWAT. As an aside, I say SWAT so the reader can readily identify, our acronym was SED, special emergency detail.

Those were the good ol’ days, sure miss them. Anyways, as long as all standards are met, I have no problem. Where standards are lowered, I have a problem.

In case a loud noise just awakened you, that was the sound of democrat heads exploding. Aileen Cannon just dismissed the Trump document case because Jack Smith was unlawfully appointed a special prosecutor. This will be new precedent because DOJ has been doing it this way for quite a while. Because she is a Federal judge, this has the potential to derail everything he has touched.

It will of course be appealed by DOJ.

Cannon was making Smith's life miserable. It would have been fun and enlightening if she had kept Smith dancing on the ropes for a few more months.

Except Thomas could not get any other Justices to sign on to his opinion.
Except Thomas has responsibility for the 11th. We'll see. I think it is safe to assume this lawfare effort is still born at least until after November.

I would disagree with this. SCOTUS has changed significantly for the first time since FDR reworked the court. SCOTUS has already made significant rulings in the past couple of years that have overturned years of status quo. ie: Dobbs, Chevron Doctrine, Corner Post. IMO, Thomas signaled Cannon regarding Smith. If it gets to the Supreme Court, Thomas knows he has the votes.

On a side note regarding SCOTUS, Sotomayor has significant health issues. It wouldn't be surprising if she resigns and lets Biden try to place a new Justice prior to the inauguration. There are two main problems, timing is running short along with uncertainty concerning Manchin and Sinema.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaraAmies

Latest profile posts

thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?
1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe