Politics

Correct and accurate except for the fact that the 1891 Carcano Fusile Modello 1891 and successor models through 1941 used the Mannlicher Packet Loading System, A.K.A. 'en bloc clip' rather than 'stripper clips' as used on 1898 Mauser and Mannlicher Schoenauer.

Your overall point, however, is quite valid. A Carcano is not a Mannlicher.
Yes, sloppy description on my part.

I am not married to the idea of stainless... it just makes sense for Alaska. And .338 probably isn't very high up the list anyway.

Honestly? I am more intrigued with maybe a 7x57 or a .280. That said, I do have other rifles higher up my bucket list than a No. 1, though I do want one. And I am going to shut up now because this isn't really politics related, is it (this being the politics thread and all)? Let me do a reset to help out:

Biden sucks! Let's go Nikki! Build a border wall! Fund Ukraine! Get rid of Murkowski/Sullivan/Peltola! He IS an illegal immigrant!

(Better? Did I do that right?)

I am not married to the idea of stainless... it just makes sense for Alaska. And .338 probably isn't very high up the list anyway.

Honestly? I am more intrigued with maybe a 7x57 or a .280. That said, I do have other rifles higher up my bucket list than a No. 1, though I do want one. And I am going to shut up now because this isn't really politics related, is it (this being the politics thread and all)? Let me do a reset to help out:

Biden sucks! Let's go Nikki! Build a border wall! Fund Ukraine! Get rid of Murkowski/Sullivan/Peltola! He IS an illegal immigrant!

(Better? Did I do that right?)
At the risk of derailing this 1658 page thread, almost all of the 7mms firing 175 gr pills are good enough to reach 300 yards and still be right at 2k fps/1500 ft lbs of energy. It's hard to beat even a 7mm-08 or 7x57 with a bigger bore without stepping up quite a bit in recoil, bullet weight, and gun weight.

A lot has been said about LHO and the head shot on JFK, if it was deliberate it was a good shot but I tend to lean towards whoever did the shooting was aiming center mass and with the moving vehicle made the impact high and into the head. Of course for this to happen I believe the shooter would need to be in front of his target and not behind.

But was LHo alone or was a .264 Win with tweaked bullets used instead by someone else from different location ?

But was LHo alone or was a .264 Win with tweaked bullets used instead by someone else from different location ?
Sounds a lot like you've read "The Third Bullet" by Steven Hunter.

For those of you who enjoyed fiction books, and/or the movie Shooter (based on Hunter's book Point of Impact), it's a fun read with some entertaining theory premises. It's essentially a LHO conspiracy book, but written for a different purpose.

If you've ever viewed the street from the 3rd Floor Museum, you would likely question, why, if LHO was targeting JFK, did he wait for the limo to turn west? JFK was clearly visible in the rear seat of a top-down convertible as the limo, headed north, slowed to an almost complete stop - offering a full frontal body shot at an almost stationary target.

Instead, he waited for the limo to turn westbound and pick up speed, but offering a shot at Connally, who was seated in the front passenger seat. The same Connally, who as Secretary of the Navy, had refused LHO an appeal of his Marine Corps court martial.

Correct and accurate except for the fact that the 1891 Carcano Fusile Modello 1891 and successor models through 1941 used the Mannlicher Packet Loading System, A.K.A. 'en bloc clip' rather than 'stripper clips' as used on 1898 Mauser and Mannlicher Schoenauer.

Your overall point, however, is quite valid. A Carcano is not a Mannlicher.
I must have been misinformed. I thought it was built off of a Mannlicher action. Does it have the bolt handle forward of the trigger like a MS? If so, it will still be too slow. If it is like unto a Mauser with the bolt handle in line with the trigger, then sure, the shots could have been pulled off, subject to conditions of the chamber and any serious stickiness which could slow things down.

View attachment 592268

I find a Ruger No.1 to be lacking in capacity when I encounter a whole pack of hogs.

The American in .308 works as a solid substitute.
The RUGER AMERICAN? How are/were you able to kill anything with such an inexpensive rifle? LOL

Parachutes failed to deploy on pallets of aid being air dropped into Palestine. Killed 5 civilians.

The irony of being killed by food & supplies meant to help you.
Another Biden screw up!

I conflated something I believe about another issue into what you said. I was wrong doing that. Certainly with respect to autism. What I do believe is that parents and most school system are relying far more on behavior modification drugs like Methyphenidiates rather than what we would have called simple discipline a generation or two ago. Today, even the best of teachers and administrators have limited means to enforce discipline. Drug intervention seems to be the most common alternative.

Are there children that benefit from this approach? I have no doubt that there are. But I am equally convinced that there are children who are unnecessarily diagnosed and medicated as an alternative to parenting. That too represents an observation from our extended family.

Picking up on another angle of this, schools and medical professions love labels. It’s where insurance kicks in, its where staffing expansion is authorized, it’s where mediocre academic progress can be justified or faculty accountability deflected.

Labels are largely harmful, weakening the confidence of the labeled person, while generating excuses to fail.ADD and ADHD are horrible, terminal diagnosis for kids these days until they aren’t. 70%-90% of CEOs have ADD or ADHD. The mode of operating is a gift in certain lucrative positions and occupations, provided the kid can get past the gauntlet of label-assigners in their childhood.

I cannot imagine how a kid with ADD / ADHD would enjoy the current educational model, crawling out of their skin having to listen to poorly qualified teachers. About 25 years ago I had to pass a credential in my career that involved technical instruction. One of the test standards was judging a teacher’s ability to deliver content effectively in 15 minute pieces, since 80% of people disengage at the 15 minute mark.

That epiphany hit me in that moment: If you’re being sent to a class that might cost your company $5000-$12000 a week, the instructor is trained to captivate you and convey content in <15 minute vignettes. On the other hand if its a kid going to grade/high school, an instructor can ramble on for 1-2 hours even though retention for virtually everybody is about nil after 15 minutes.

Parachutes failed to deploy on pallets of aid being air dropped into Palestine. Killed 5 civilians.

The irony of being killed by food & supplies meant to help you.
That should just about send the Squad around the bend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bdurfey

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with