Politics

I’m pretty sure that no matter who the R’s run and who the dems run, the dems will take the house, the senate, and the WH, in the words of the Mighty Joe Biden, “we don’t know how many votes we need so we’ll keep counting”……

This is another Bidenesque moment by the other old guy running for President. Can you just imagine the laughter and groaning about our senile President on this thread had Biden decided Nikki Haley was actually Nancy Pelosi? :unsure:

I hasten to add I am not defending Biden. I simply can't believe either of these two idiots is our option this cycle.

This is another Bidenesque moment by the other old guy running for President. Can you just imagine the laughter and groaning about our senile President on this thread had Biden decided Nikki Haley was actually Nancy Pelosi? :unsure:

I hasten to add I am not defending Biden. I simply can't believe either of these two idiots is our option this cycle.

Trump lovers: you know, a lot of people often confuse Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi. Wake up ‘merica!

Speaking of RJ Rummel, here is what his wiki page, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_Rummel, says about his work:

"His figures for Communist governments have been criticized for the methodology which he used to arrive at them, and they have also been criticized for being higher than the figures which have been given by most scholars.[5][6][7][8][9][10][11]"

https://www.levandehistoria.se/site...e/research-review-crimes-against-humanity.pdf Go to p. 35 and 79

While Jerry Hough suggested Stalin's terror claimed tens of thousands of victims, R.J. Rummel puts the death toll of Soviet communist terror between 1917 and 1987 at 61,911,000. In both cases, these figures are based on an ideological preunderstanding and speculative and sweeping calculations. On the other hand, the considerably lower figures in terms of numbers of Gulag prisoners presented by Russian researchers during the glasnost period have been relatively widely accepted. ... It could, quite rightly, be claimed that the opinions that Rummel presents here (they are hardly an example of a serious and empirically-based writing of history) do not deserve to be mentioned in a research review, but they are still perhaps worth bringing up on the basis of the interest in him in the blogosphere."

Rummel's main argument was that "democracies" commit less democides than autocracies do. Yet it is funny that in his work he omitted what the British did to India. The British made both the Nazis and Soviets look like boy scouts.

And how many Ukrainians do YOU say Stalin starved?
More than a little contemptuous of life to say "only" nine million killed, anyway....

I’m pretty sure that no matter who the R’s run and who the dems run, the dems will take the house, the senate, and the WH, in the words of the Mighty Joe Biden, “we don’t know how many votes we need so we’ll keep counting”……
God help us.

With each passing day, based on his own words, I am becoming more and more afraid what Trump will "achieve" if elected.
I understand your concern but I still put more faith in what he has done than what comes out of his mouth.

Trump is the master of bombast and hyperbole and much of his blather should be taken as such, no different than last time.
He said and did all sorts of things that sent the TDS crowd running for the hills. And after all of his horrible comments and alleged threats etc, we had a relatively peaceful and prosperous 4 years under him.
Do I think it was smart to say what he apparently did? No I dont, when he was president I sent him several emails telling him to knock off that BS and just do the job and stop picking on people.
He listened about as well as Biden does, not at all.
If its these two old farts again, its a simple matter for me, not Joe Biden! The worst president in modern times, Carter is very pleased.

To quote Haley, "Michael is deployed serving our country, something you know nothing about. Someone who continually disrespects the sacrifices of military families has no business being commander in chief."

And the last time Michael was deployed Nikki was servicing someone else. That’s real loyalty! Sacrifice BS! Maybe she slept her way to where she is now? Just a thought.

To make myself clear.
Biden is an idiot! (All democrats and RINO’s are idiots!)
Haley is an idiot and a puppet!
Trump is an idiot as well!

I will be voting for what ever republican gets the nomination Trump or Haley. The fact is Haley is unelectable in the primary and will not be the nominee.

Trump may be an idiot, but he is not a good old boy and he has disrupted both the democrats, republicans and the swamp. Enough of the status quo!

Anyone that thinks four more years of Biden is better than Trump is a fool. You guys are drinking way too much kool aid.

Last edited:
"That’s really loyalty!" Um, you do realize Trump is a serial cheater, right? And how does that address him slandering her husband's service?

I find the idea of either of them occupying the White House for the next term equally repugnant, although Trump seems like he is trying hard to wrest that away from Biden.

Nah, just golf buddies. ;);)

88175D60-7C96-45D0-867B-55446E2FA035.jpeg

"That’s really loyalty!" Um, you do realize Trump is a serial cheater, right? And how does that address him slandering her husband's service?

I find the idea of either of them occupying the White House for the next term equally repugnant, although Trump seems like he is trying hard to wrest that away from Biden.

And Biden is a creepy old man! This is politics! Your point is?

My point is that some of you guys want talk or lecture us about the facts of Russia and Ukraine. Hardly mention Israel, the border or much else. Some want pound their chests and talk about how great and noble they are for supporting Haley and how their feelings got hurt because of what Trump said. My point is grow up. Let’s face the facts that we are all in this together and need change. Biden and democrats are not the answer.

And Biden is a creepy old man! This is politics! Your point is?

My point is that some of you guys want talk or lecture us about the facts of Russia and Ukraine. Hardly mention Israel, the border or much else. Some want pound their chests and talk about how great and noble they are for supporting Haley and how their feelings got hurt because of what Trump said. My point is grow up. Let’s face the facts that we are all in this together and need change. Biden and democrats are not the answer.
I don’t think you get to tell me to grow up. Principles are very important to me. They merge very comfortably into what I believe constitutes personal integrity. Expediency is not at all Important. The fact that seemingly bothers you speaks far more about you than me. And my opinions about Russia and Ukraine are also firmly grounded in principle rather than expediency. I find that a rather mature approach to this life.

Last edited:
"Your point is?" - -> Um, countering a point you offered up as a detraction of Haley?

"My point is grow up." - -> A lesson Trump should have learned but apparently never did.

"Biden and democrats are not the answer." - -> Agreed. But neither is Trump.

. . . the country can recover from another four years of Biden, I don't think it can from four years of Trump. Not to mention he would poison the well further for many, many years for the GOP leading to Democrat dominance for decades to come.

I’ve made extra money thanks to Biden letting in 10 million unlawful aliens. But frankly, I would have rather foregone the extra money, then the open border and all the future D voters who will for years be receiving “free stuff” courtesy of the D’s. And guess how they will vote, to keep the giving me the “free stuff.” I don’t see how the government can recover.

Not to mention he would poison the well further for many, many years for the GOP leading to Democrat dominance for decades to come

I think the country would greatly benefit from the GOP as well as the Democrat party splitting up, not just into factions/wings but whole new political parties. A lot of D voters are just as fed up with the Democrat Party as R voters are with the Republican Party (do you really think NYC Union Iron workers are into Drag queen story hour?) A lot of people just aren't voting anymore. Realistically, if you look at the various factions within the 2 parties, there should probably be 5-6 parties at the Federal level.

Here is a little context to what Trump reportedly said and when.

He was recalling a conversation with someone WHEN HE WAS PRESIDENT, and the remarks he made. He didnt just blurt this out to fit the present.

I don’t think you get to tell me to grow up. Principles are very important to me. They merge very comfortably into what I believe constitutes personal integrity. Expediency is not at all Important. The fact that seemingly bothers you speaks far more about you than me. And my opinions about Russia and Ukraine are also firmly grounded in principle rather than expediency. I find that a rather mature approach to this life.
First of all I was not calling you and only you out.

…..

Principles are very important to me. They merge very comfortably into what I believe constitutes personal integrity. Expediency is not at all Important.

I could not agree more with you on this.

…..

The fact that seemingly bothers you speaks far more about you than me.

You have miss judged me. This is far far from the truth.

…..

And my opinions about Russia and Ukraine are also firmly grounded in principle rather than expediency.

I have not questioned your views, opinions or knowledge about this. I have actually learned a good bit from reading your post and comments on this topic.

…..

Have a few questions.

1. When I click the Quote button the minus sign appears but nothing else happens. What am I missing?

2. After I post a reply or post it bumps me back to the home page, not sure why.

Please note that I have extremely bad internet connection. Don’t know if this is part of the problem or not.

3. I have seen you mention down ticket voting. Is this the same as straight ticket voting, where at the top of the ballot there is a box for democrat or republican and you can simply mark the box of your choice and all candidates in that category are automatically selected?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgp3521

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?