Politics

Living under "Dhimmi" status WAS persecution! Imagine a tax of 20% of your income just to be allowed to survive, plus the other usual taxes. Not being allowed for your head to be higher than the head of a Muslim, not to own a horse with stirrups, not to be allowed to mourn loudly when your family or others were killed, on and on and on! Do the Palestinians pay a tax "just to be able to live." Then, if a church was burned out by vandals or destroyed by natural mean, it could not be rebuilt, etc.
Yes Ottomans taxed non muslims more but rest is not true and just made up.
Also most if not all of the mothers of Sultans were non muslim girls and there were a lot of non muslims high up in the government and in the army.
I have spent a lot of time in Middle East in different capacities and have a lot of jewish and muslim friends and it's my area of expertise.
Things are not as black and white as our media and some here trying to make it.
There are a lot of gray areas in this conflict and Middle East is not an easy place to understand.

There are a lot of gray areas in this conflict and Middle East is not an easy place to understand.
What part of killing a child in front of its mother to cause the mother additional grief prior to killing her; or the sub-human ape that killed them both is gray and hard to understand?

Middle East is not an easy place to understand.
I understand perfectly. One side uses machine guns on concertgoers and beheads babies. The other side does not.

Also most if not all of the mothers of Sultans were non muslim girls and there were a lot of non muslims high up in the government and in the army.
I have spent a lot of time in Middle East in different capacities and have a lot of jewish and muslim friends and it's my area of expertise.
"Just made up" meaning you are not familiar with it. I assure you those things happened. The stirrups were considered armaments FYI...hard to fight in a saddle without them, so considered a potential weapon, much like equestrian gun control. History is replete with muslim atrocities...perhaps you could even read up on Tamerlane, if nothing else. They didn't fight the battle of Tours because they were defending or re-taking once muslim lands--it was conquest pure and simple.
Islam today is breathing out fresh threats of annihilation to Jews first, but next, to Christians. Even if you/we stick our heads in the sand collectively, the threat will not go away. They have proved it in what they are doing in England, Scandinavia, and I am certain have planned for America as well. I for one will not see the west capitulate to barbarism. A conflict of major importance may be unavoidable. Would you really wait until Islam has the upper hand?

Republicans nominate Steve Scalise for speaker of the house.

Swamp business as usual.

I've lost all hope for any positive and aggressive change within the Republican party.

I'm reading that the McCarthy coalition rammed Scalise down everyone's throats. They won the initial vote but have fallen short. They have hacked a number of representatives off. If a vote was taken now, Scalise may not have as many votes as Jordan.

It may take awhile.

The private chamber vote was 113-99 in Scalise's favor. Maybe they can flip 15 votes?

While free media access has shocked many with the brutal killing and beheading of children. (and their parents and siblings) I would remind us all of the scale of comparison provided in the genocide of Armenia which reached epic proportions around 1915, though massacres of as many as 30K had been going on since the 1890's, of course. When the CUP party in Turkey had eliminated those in leadership, they either marched or trainloaded vast throngs of people into the Syrian desert, leaving them with little to begin with, only to be beset by soldiers, released prisoners etc., who subjected them to rape, murder, plunder and other horrors. Half the Armenian population--1.5 million was killed, but get this: the Euphrates and Tigris rivers were clotted with the bodies of women and children, the aged, and the rest, further killing by pollution. Their crime? Asking for representation and end to unjust taxation! The Ottomans were, indeed islam is no stranger to atrocities against women AND CHILDREN. The Armenian genocide was not perpetrated by terrorists, but first by the Ottoman government under the last sultan, and later (much worse) by the Turkey for Turks movement. Islam, like it or not, is the enemy we face, the enemy which poses the existential threat to Israel daily. Don't even get me started on Isis, Boko Haram and others! This should not under any circumstances be tolerated. It must at the very least be thinned out. Decisions about whether to rebuild for such enemies should be scrutinized--it didn't seen to be profitable in Afghanistan. No amount of politically correct speech or appeasement will solve the problem. Weakness will embolden them, if history is to be believed. If some people want to live in the 7th century, maybe we should make sure they do. If you think people should passively wait for the next attrocity, I think YOUR FAMILY should be the ones to live right next to the border of insecurity....it might influence your thinking. After all, some conservatives are just liberals who got mugged, lol.

Last edited:
What part of killing a child in front of its mother to cause the mother additional grief prior to killing her; or the sub-human ape that killed them both is gray and hard to understand?
You think Middle East boils down to what happened in the last couple days? Lol

There are a lot of gray areas in tdle East is not an easy place to understa

There certainly are instances of churches not being repairs not being made. In the fire of 1660 in Constantinople for example, the rebuilding of churches and synagogues was forbidden. Even burned property owned by non moslems had to be bought back. The confiscation of Christian Churches and property still continues to this day.

The sultan's harems were mostly Christian slaves and their children did become sultans The Christians in the military and high places were most likely due to devshirme--the involuntary taking of Christian children to form the Jannisaries or converts.

The use of horses by non moslems certainly was forbidden in some areas.

Could you explain Erdoğan's use of,"remnants of the sword?"

I too have spent time in the Middle East.

While free media access has shocked many with the brutal killing and beheading of children. (and their parents and siblings) I would remind us all of the scale of comparison provided in the genocide of Armenia which reached epic proportions around 1915, though massacres of as many as 30K had been going on since the 1890's, of course. When the CUP party in Turkey had eliminated those in leadership, they either marched or trainloaded vast throngs of people into the Syrian desert, leaving them with little to begin with, only to be beset by soldiers, released prisoners etc., who subjected them to rape, murder, plunder and other horrors. Half the Armenian population--1.5 million was killed, but get this: the Euphrates and Tigris rivers were clotted with the bodies of women and children, the aged, and the rest, further killing by pollution. Their crime? Asking for representation and end to unjust taxation! The Ottomans were, indeed islam is no stranger to atrocities against women AND CHILDREN. The Armenian genocide was not perpetrated by terrorists, but first by the Ottoman government under the last sultan, and later (much worse) by the Turkey for Turks movement. Islam, like it or not, is the enemy we face, the enemy which poses the existential threat to Israel daily. Don't even get me started on Isis, Boko Haram and others! This should not under any circumstances be tolerated. It must at the very least be thinned out. Decisions about whether to rebuild for such enemies should be scrutinized--it didn't seen to be profitable in Afghanistan. No amount of politically correct speech or appeasement will solve the problem. Weakness will embolden them, if history is to be believed. If some people want to live in the 7th century, maybe we should make sure they do. If you think people should passively wait for the next attrocity, I think YOUR FAMILY should be the ones to live right next to the border of insecurity....it might influence your thinking. After all, some conservatives are just liberals who got mugged, lol.
Himm... I see your point now.
I don't care about religion much but having said that:
You are painting millions of people all over the World with one brush stroke and see this as a fight between good and evil or between religions.
Very dangerous way of thinking if you ask me.
There are fanatics and bad actors in every religion and did bad things trough out the history.

We should NEVER get into a fight in another man's house if he is unwilling to fight alongside us; e.g. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and more. Why sacrifice our best and brightest on someone else's altar?

1697106921431.jpeg

We should NEVER get into a fight in another man's house if he is unwilling to fight alongside us; e.g. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and more. Why sacrifice our best and brightest on someone else's altar?
It is a bit more complicated than that.

Our willingness to use force - whether our industrial power, wealth, technology, or armed forces - should be determined by national interest. Our involvement in the Middle East, a historic area of British and French interest, has been driven by oil - ever since the first contracts between Standard Oil and the Saudi Royal family in the thirties.

Indeed, one can argue Israel is the something of an outlier in that cold assessment of national interests. But in that case, we can trace a moral imperative that dates to the refusal by this country to take Jewish refugees from Germany in the late thirties as World War II and the eventual Holocaust loomed.

The one tends to complicate the other as we have dealt with and responded to terrorist threats or attacks that have seldom had much to do with the economic imperative of commercial access to the region's natural resources. Though, those too often can be traced, at least in part, to decisions made in support of our commercial national interests - i.e. Iran.

Obviously, our employment of power, military or otherwise, often comes with strings. The Saudis, for instance, have never deployed military forces to support us, but they have underwritten much of our clandestine activity in the region since the fifties.

Ukraine is another example of national interests. Most people with a bit of memory of the Cold War have an understanding of the role Russia is capable of playing in undermining the stability of Western Europe and thus our commercial relationships with the region. Preventing a revitalized Russia from playing a meaningful role in our growing contest with China is another. To your point, Ukraine did send contingents as part of the NATO support of our efforts in Afghanistan. Though, those deployments were clearly in their national interests as well as Ukrainian officers gained practical experience in the Western way of war from their NATO counterparts.

Last edited:
Same as last time in this fight to name a speaker.... the RINOS' colors start showing and pop to the surface. They just "caynt hepit".

On the other topic, the last begging tour by Volod, the handlers had him parrot the oft used verbiage of anti-Trump Dems, "give me money to save democracy". This time they are having him coattail on the war in Israel by using, "give me money to fight terrorism". Don't know about anyone else but that infuriates me! I don't need to hear or see anything more about or from Volod to understand the con.

Interesting development. Apparently the IDF struck the airports at Damascus and Alleppo this morning. Both are joint use military airfields. There are early indications that an Iranian aircraft carrying Iran's Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian was arriving at the time. Would be interesting to know if it was an actual attempt to assassinate him, a warning, or just coincidence.

Interesting development. Apparently the IDF struck the airports at Damascus and Alleppo this morning. Both are joint use military airfields. There are early indications that an Iranian aircraft carrying Iran's Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian was arriving at the time. Would be interesting to know if it was an actual attempt to assassinate him, a warning, or just coincidence.

Damn. Missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PHPKenneth

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles