Politics

Like it or not or whoever is in the White House there won't be a NEW combustible engine vehicle to buy in the mid 2030's.

I know that is where our trajectory seems to be currently pointing, but I see a rising awareness of the impracticality of EV's. Even if simpletons like in the above article have to take a bath on them to realize it. All it takes is a lack of sales of these things, aka lost profits and backed up dealer lots, to turn things. Companies like Ford WILL NOT stay in business with people being jaded by a vehicle after such a short term of ownership. Not to mention there isn't a single community in this country that will be able to handle the load of vehicles being plugged in at the end of the day.

Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I'm right. Maybe I seem like a naive fool, but I don't have the luxury of buying my last vehicle in the 2030's, nor do the coming generations. I see this push as being the straw that will break the American back. Imagine what the cost of a cart of food will be if hauled by an EV and grown/manufactured by a farmer/factory forced to operate their businesses with EV's.

I know that is where our trajectory seems to be currently pointing, but I see a rising awareness of the impracticality of EV's. Even if simpletons like in the above article have to take a bath on them to realize it. All it takes is a lack of sales of these things, aka lost profits and backed up dealer lots, to turn things. Companies like Ford WILL NOT stay in business with people being jaded by a vehicle after such a short term of ownership. Not to mention there isn't a single community in this country that will be able to handle the load of vehicles being plugged in at the end of the day.

Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I'm right. Maybe I seem like a naive fool, but I don't have the luxury of buying my last vehicle in the 2030's, nor do the coming generations. I see this push as being the straw that will break the American back. Imagine what the cost of a cart of food will be if hauled by an EV and grown/manufactured by a farmer/factory forced to operate their businesses with EV's.

I hope you are right. Transitioning to RV’s is an effective way to cripple our economy. Loss of transit would finish us.

This is a quote from 1875 Congressional Record:

The dangers are obvious. Stores of gasoline in the hands of people interested primarily in profit would constitute a fire and explosive hazard of the first rank. Horseless carriages propelled by gasoline might attain speeds of 14 or even 20 miles per hour. The menace to our people of vehicles of this type hurtling through our streets and along our roads and poisoning the atmosphere would call for prompt legislative action even if the military and economic implications were not so overwhelming… [T]he cost of producing [gasoline] is far beyond the financial capacity of private industry… In addition the development of this new power may displace the use of horses, which would wreck our agriculture.
I'm by no means a tree hugger and I don't even own an electrical vehicle.
My truck is 5.6L diesel Ram 2500 which I need.
But I'm realistic and I know EV's will improve to a point that nobody will want to buy an obsolete and costly to run combustible engine vehicle. They'll do everything better than current cars and trucks and energy needs will be met by unplugging a lot industries related to oil.
Oh, on a side note probably nobody will be driving anything anyway in the not so distant future. Everything will be driverless/self driving.

Anyone that thinks fossil fuel vehicles will go by the way of the dodo is sadly mistaken. Without the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel there won’t be enough profit in the production of crude to make the the hundreds of other byproducts required for the world to turn. Lubricants, waxes, plastics, sealants etc would cost to much to buy so those won’t be made either. The picture below just about says it all.
IMG_9532.jpeg

I suspect we are still a technological breakthrough away from whatever will be creating the E for that vast EV fleet. I mean they really aren't electric vehicles - they are battery operated vehicles. I think that is why many were so hopeful hydrogen fuel cells would offer that breakthrough in creating the E to run a car. They are actually being built, the Toyota Mirai is one, but the access to the hydrogen necessary is so difficult and expensive for the foreseeable future that they really don't represent an alternative.

In 2015 Ford made about 780,000 F150s. In 2022 the factory was not making many of the parts needed to support repair or replacement. I strongly believe their management had sugar plums dancing in their heads about EVs. My 2015 F150 needed an engine wiring harness replaced in 2022. There were none available- nada. After waiting 5 1/2 months my insurance company threw in the towel, totaled the vehicle and sent me a check for $22000. I found a much lower mileage Fx4 2014 for $23000. The 2014 is a superior truck to the comparable 2015. By a quirk of fate I love EV!

Last edited:
Anyone that thinks fossil fuel vehicles will go by the way of the dodo is sadly mistaken. Without the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel there won’t be enough profit in the production of crude to make the the hundreds of other byproducts required for the world to turn. Lubricants, waxes, plastics, sealants etc would cost to much to buy so those won’t be made either. The picture below just about says it all.View attachment 550826
Tell it to GM, FORD and other manufacturers who'll seize production of combustible engine vehicles by the mid to late 2030's. It doesn't mean that net zero emissions will be achieved because airplanes will still be flying on jet fuel but fossil fuel cars will be gone along with drivers licenses because you won't need one.

We might as well go back to horse & buggies, while the elite's fly around in private jet's laughing at the gullible peasants.
Just to remind you there are some here flying in private jets...:)

Are they elite politicians, and globalist rulers, that want us all going green and driving EV's?
If they are, I have a few words for them.
Don't know.
Besides don't worry no one will be driving anything 20-30 years from now EV or not.

This is a quote from 1875 Congressional Record:

I'm by no means a tree hugger and I don't even own an electrical vehicle.
My truck is 5.6L diesel Ram 2500 which I need.
But I'm realistic and I know EV's will improve to a point that nobody will want to buy an obsolete and costly to run combustible engine vehicle. They'll do everything better than current cars and trucks and energy needs will be met by unplugging a lot industries related to oil.
Oh, on a side note probably nobody will be driving anything anyway in the not so distant future. Everything will be driverless/self driving.

I'm not sure why you're so confident in battery tech improving that much, especially in the next 10-15 years.
These electric ford pickups aren't making half of the advertised mileage pulling single car trailers in good weather. Nothing that I've seen points to them being better in any single way. How about the hazards that battery cars are already exhibiting? Cars burning down while they sleep and fires taking days to put out. A landscaper in CA said that due to their new small engine ban, they'll need 250 batteries a day to operate their business. Then they have to charge for the next day.

But seeings as you appear to be more of a troll than anything, I'll end it there.

I'm not sure why you're so confident in battery tech improving that much, especially in the next 10-15 years.
These electric ford pickups aren't making half of the advertised mileage pulling single car trailers in good weather. Nothing that I've seen points to them being better in any single way. How about the hazards that battery cars are already exhibiting? Cars burning down while they sleep and fires taking days to put out. A landscaper in CA said that due to their new small engine ban, they'll need 250 batteries a day to operate their business. Then they have to charge for the next day.

But seeings as you appear to be more of a troll than anything, I'll end it there.
People said the same thing for combustible engines when they first came out or any new technology for that matter. Do you believe in science or you have a tendency to call anyone talking about a technology you don't understand a troll. Do you know my background?

Problem for Trump is other than his base he has minimal support. He is the only candidate that the GOP can field that Biden has a chance against.

For what polls are worth, several of the major ones have Trump and Brandon tied at 43% if the election was held today. That's actually pretty surprising to me, and suggests that Trump has considerable support from those outside of his base...

Also, just announced on the news that AT Garland just named a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden.

I suspect we are still a technological breakthrough away from whatever will be creating the E for that vast EV fleet. I mean they really aren't electric vehicles - they are battery operated vehicles. I think that is why many were so hopeful hydrogen fuel cells would offer that breakthrough in creating the E to run a car. They are actually being built, the Toyota Mirai is one, but the access to the hydrogen necessary is so difficult and expensive for the foreseeable future that they really don't represent an alternative.

I work in a paper mill. We generate a percentage of our own electricity and draw the rest from public service. We, as do probably many mills and factories have protocols to shut down and run only certain machines and systems in the case of being cut back or off from outside electricity during the height of summer and winter. People coming home and turning up the air conditioning or heat can put us down significantly. I can't imagine even half the town plugging in EV's all year long.

Also, just announced on the news that AT Garland just named a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden.

The special counsel is a defensive measure that protects Biden. Witnesses won't testify before the House due to an ongoing investigation.

Weiss has had information and slow played/sat on it for three years. A plea deal with Hunter blew up a couple weeks back. The sweetheart plea deal has become too public. The special council is the new defense tactic to keep everything out of the news.

Be careful with what words you use. If you use the wrong ones, the FBI has shown they take pride in tracking you down and killing you- as they recently did to a person in Utah.
No worries. I'll take a few of the KGB thugs with me into the afterlife.....lol

For what polls are worth, several of the major ones have Trump and Brandon tied at 43% if the election was held today. That's actually pretty surprising to me, and suggests that Trump has considerable support from those outside of his base...

It will be a soft "Token" probe, that will last until after the election, and swept under the dirty democrat rug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShantellMc

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]