Politics

OK, I'll play.

Stop all oil exports from the US and sure, domestic oil prices (and profits) would fall - causing overseas prices to spike.

Where do think the drilling would move to and what happens to the domestic supply? It ain't rocket science.

Exactly. Jimmy Carter tried to control the oil industry, creating the DOE in the process. That turned out really well now didn’t it?

If you have not seen the movie Sound of Freedom. Go see it. It’s a powerful & touching movie, and based on true events. There are some sick phucks in the world and in our country.

The overwhelming majority of the LNG produced in Victoria is sold overseas ( to countries including China), generally at prices vastly cheaper than that charged to domestic consumers. An unsustainable situation given the skyrocketing energy costs and shortages faced by the Victorian public. Rather than face immense political pressure to reserve a portion of Victoria's gas for the Victorian population, Andrews has now engineered a plan to safeguard supplies for his Beijing bosses - remove Victorian access under the guise of "green policies". Possibly part of the Belt & Road agreement he signed up to years ago. Now having bankrupted the State things are coming home to roost. He's even been caught out trying to withhold the pension owed to retired state employees. This is unbelievable third world stuff.

1690830290916.png

I recall a Covid-related thread that was ongoing here for quite a while where I suggested the exact same thing based on my personal work experience with my own County's EMS system, and how they were being directed by the CDC to intentionally miscount Covid deaths. I was challenged pretty aggressively by several members on here dismissing my data as anecdotal and my account as conspiratory. The "Covid Era" has taught us some priceless lessons that too many are still refusing to acknowledge as truth. The power of propaganda will never cease to amaze me.

I recall a Covid-related thread that was ongoing here for quite a while where I suggested the exact same thing based on my personal work experience with my own County's EMS system, and how they were being directed by the CDC to intentionally miscount Covid deaths. I was challenged pretty aggressively by several members on here dismissing my data as anecdotal and my account as conspiratory. The "Covid Era" has taught us some priceless lessons that too many are still refusing to acknowledge as truth. The power of propaganda will never cease to amaze me.
Yes, the "anecdotal" is coming home to roost! Ask ActionBob about inoculation complications.

Yep, didn't feel like resurrecting that thread

And if I were a betting man, I'd bet it's probably 50% or more.

I'm no actuary, but I did take a lot of math in college, and spend half my days crunching hacking data. Statistics are in the presentation, and if the intent is to mislead, it's easy given that most people don't even know where to start asking questions.

It would be easy to write a headline saying something like "gas prices up 17% in Texas and only 10% in Cali in the last 30 days" or something similar. What will be buried in the bottom of the article, if even mentioned, was that 30 days ago, gas in Texas averaged $3/gal, and in Cali it was $5/gal. Texas average would still be $2 cheaper per gallon, at 3.50 vs 5.50, and they both went up by the exact same amount - 50 cents.

The innumerate would only see 17% vs 10% and conclude things are much worse in Texas.

And if I were a betting man, I'd bet it's probably 50% or more.

I'm no actuary, but I did take a lot of math in college, and spend half my days crunching hacking data. Statistics are in the presentation, and if the intent is to mislead, it's easy given that most people don't even know where to start asking questions.

It would be easy to write a headline saying something like "gas prices up 17% in Texas and only 10% in Cali in the last 30 days" or something similar. What will be buried in the bottom of the article, if even mentioned, was that 30 days ago, gas in Texas averaged $3/gal, and in Cali it was $5/gal. Texas average would still be $2 cheaper per gallon, at 3.50 vs 5.50, and they both went up by the exact same amount - 50 cents.

The innumerate would only see 17% vs 10% and conclude things are much worse in Texas.

Liars, damn liars, and statisticians.

Liars, damn liars, and statisticians.

You're not wrong. People who are afraid of math, and so never really learn it, are easily manipulated.

A common one thrown around relates to murder statistics. Murder rates are commonly expressed as so many murders per 100,000 population, the per capita rate.

Suppose the murder rate last year was 5 per 100k, and this year it went to 10 per 100k. Politicians and pundits would say the murder rate has doubled, counting on ignorant people to infer their odds of being murdered have doubled. While technically true, the doubling of a near-zero number to a slightly larger near-zero number is statistically meaningless. If the murder rate were 5 per capita, the probability of any one person being murdered is 0.00005, and if the rate doubled, it would climb to the "astronomical" probability of 0.0001 - or from 0.0005% to 0.001% chance of being murdered in a given year - a whopping increase of 0.0005% chance of being murdered.

When politicians and so-called experts speak of changes and only refer to the per cent changes, know that you are being manipulated 100% of the time. We know the progressive machine does this as a matter of routine, but FNC does it as well, though by my reckoning not as often nor as egregiously. It doesn't matter who does it, it's disgraceful. A more educated and civilized populace would have them all swinging from oak limbs.

Exactly right. Texas and Louisiana have closed and reopened sites several times over the decades due to price fluctuations. Apparently shale extraction is even more PPB sensitive.
Bakken shale is down to about $45 per barrel due to directional drilling and other advancements.

1690906606507.png

Biden Admin now going after educational programs that involve archery or hunting..

I wonder what this will do to the Outdoors Adventures classes that are pretty prevalent and popular in several TX school systems..

Certainly doesnt do anything to help the preservation of hunting as a sport for future generations.. but.. its also not like we would have ever expected anything out of the Biden Administration to be beneficial to hunters or hunting...

Archery = moral decay

Having Drag Queens present to elementary school student = moral advancement

Joe’s wife has a doctorate in education, don’t you know!

If it all weren’t so tragic… it would be hysterical listening and watching this administration operate..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemetriaBr

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles