Politics

I have been hoping for this for years. Affirmative action has always seemed one of the most blatant infringement of the 14th amendment possible. We fought a Civil War for equality, not equity. Hopefully it will inform judicial decisions in other areas besides university admissions where affirmative action has also run amok.

Hurray, but this stuff is only starting in large companies. We’re still at the stage of affirmative action = good action

For all intents and purposes, Obama was a rich spoilt white kid with a black skin. His african father played no role in his upbringing. He was primarily raised by his white grandmother, a bank Vice-President. He was put through all the best education his grandmother's money could buy. Maybe some of the other students razed him about his colour, thereby creating a massive 'chip on the shoulder'. But no-one could ever claim he came from a hard done by background. If there was ever such a thing as 'white privilege', he was the beneficiary.

O'bama was seriously involved with a white girl- the children would have been 3/4 white, until his political advisors told him she would prevent him from playing the race card- so he dumped her and hooked-up with Miss shale- for political reasons which did payoff for him.

Another of these short clips that speaks volumes. This is a logistics train approaching Ukraine. The T54/55 is a 70 year old design. Its main gun can not penetrate a modern Western tank like the Leopard, Abrams or Challenger or even the frontal armor of the T72. They were equipped with optical split-image range finders with neither laser nor obviously thermal capability at all. Artillery shrapnel will penetrate the top, side, and rear armor. The Bradley's 25mm will pierce its side armor as will the Russian BMP 30mm. It is a death trap on a modern battlefield.

We estimated that the Russians had 3000 to 3500 modernized operational main battle tanks at the start of the Ukrainian invasion. When Oryx quit tallying photo and video evidence last week, they had lost 2078. Only a portion of these losses will have been photographed. Most analysts believe the actual total is at least a third higher. Pushing T54/55 tanks to the battlefield underscores the accuracy of those estimates.

Another of these short clips that speaks volumes. This is a logistics train approaching Ukraine. The T54/55 is a 70 year old design. Its main gun can not penetrate a modern Western tank like the Leopard, Abrams or Challenger or even the frontal armor of the T72. They were equipped with optical split-image range finders with neither laser nor obviously thermal capability at all. Artillery shrapnel will penetrate the top, side, and rear armor. The Bradley's 25mm will pierce its side armor as will the Russian BMP 30mm. It is a death trap on a modern battlefield.

We estimated that the Russians had 3000 to 3500 modernized operational main battle tanks at the start of the Ukrainian invasion. When Oryx quit tallying photo and video evidence last week, they had lost 2078. Only a portion of these losses will have been photographed. Most analysts believe the actual total is at least a third higher. Pushing T54/55 tanks to the battlefield underscores the accuracy of those estimates.

I'll take our 70 year old B-52s vs their 70 year tanks any day!

The Supreme Court is on quite a roll this term. Dismantling affirmative action in university admissions. Upholding religious freedom in the case of a web designer who was compelled by Colorado law to create web content for people‘s same-sex marriage. Now, they have overturned Biden’s student loan forgiveness scheme. I think they’ve earned a relaxing 4th of July holiday. Good work.

@Doug3006 ... Did you hear him interviewed on MSNBC (I think), complaining about how this is not a normal court and - my interpretation - how they're messing with his mojo? Come on man! :ROFLMAO:

It occurred to me in reading what Red Leg posted about the dust-up between Thomas and Brown, that if we can get DeSantis in the WH and he has a chance to solidify the conservative element of the SCOTUS even more, Brown might be looking at years or - dare I hope it! - even a lifetime of office/job frustration and basically pissing in the wind. The thought of that gives me warm fuzzies.

Yes, this is a very big deal as well. The millennial heads over on Reddit are exploding. :cool:

Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy found not guilty for his lack of action during the Parkland School Shooting.

Here is some context on this that was only covered very minimally in the news... Disclaimer: I don't know Peterson personally, and I have no knowledge as to his character...

This former deputy was charged with multiple counts of felony child neglect for his decision to lock down and take a defensive position instead of offensively pursuing the shooter. Unfortunately, whatever anyone thinks of his decisions or his character, his actions were in line with the SOPs that were in place at the time. As ridiculous as this sounds, at the time, BSO, along with many law enforcement agencies country-wide had SOPs in place that required an initial defensive response by arriving officers in suspected mass shooting incidents...

Peterson was not alone in his decision to take up defensive positions. The first arriving deputies were also initially ordered by the incident commander to lock down the property, set a perimeter, and take defensive positions until the shooter's location could be determined... From the conversations I had with a couple of former collogues who were on scene, there was a critical failure of leadership by the IC, and lots of aggressive vocal dissent from deputies on scene over the order to stand down. Unfortunately, it took this Parkland incident for law enforcement agencies across the country to reevaluate their mass shooter response which now places emphasis on rapid entry and offensive engagement of the shooter(s).

Here's the part of the story that you didn't hear in the news...

Two police officers from Miramar PD (another Broward County PD not part of BSO) who were conducting SWAT training in a nearby BSO training facility and heard the dispatch call out on their radios. They took it upon themselves to race to the school and upon arrival they were ordered to stand down by the BSO incident commander on scene. They both elected to ignore that order, geared up, and made offensive entry into the school. Several BSO deputies subsequently followed... Unfortunately, the damage was done by the time they made entry and the shooter had already left the property.

Here's the best part... You would think the Miramar and BSO officers who disobeyed the stand down order would be lauded as heroes right? Nope... Both the Miramar and BSO Police Chiefs in their infinite wisdom, suspended them for disobeying orders and protocol. They were later reinstated without apology and without reward...

In regard to Peterson and the jury's acquittal of all charges, I would offer this... As much as this event provokes such raw emotion and so many people were destroyed by this terrible tragedy, Peterson was charged as a scapegoat... These charges were an attempt by the prosecutor's office to divert responsibility of the failing of multiple law enforcement agencies including BSO and the FBI. The BSO Sheriff should have resigned or been fired for the overall response. The jury, who obviously felt a great pressure to indict this guy, unanimously found that although Peterson's actions where certainly questionable, no actual crime was committed.

Here is some context on this that was only covered very minimally in the news... Disclaimer: I don't know Peterson personally, and I have no knowledge as to his character...

This former deputy was charged with multiple counts of felony child neglect for his decision to lock down and take a defensive position instead of offensively pursuing the shooter. Unfortunately, whatever anyone thinks of his decisions or his character, his actions were in line with the SOPs that were in place at the time. As ridiculous as this sounds, at the time, BSO, along with many law enforcement agencies country-wide had SOPs in place that required an initial defensive response by arriving officers in suspected mass shooting incidents...

Peterson was not alone in his decision to take up defensive positions. The first arriving deputies were also initially ordered by the incident commander to lock down the property, set a perimeter, and take defensive positions until the shooter's location could be determined... From the conversations I had with a couple of former collogues who were on scene, there was a critical failure of leadership by the IC, and lots of aggressive vocal dissent from deputies on scene over the order to stand down. Unfortunately, it took this Parkland incident for law enforcement agencies across the country to reevaluate their mass shooter response which now places emphasis on rapid entry and offensive engagement of the shooter(s).

Here's the part of the story that you didn't hear in the news...

Two police officers from Miramar PD (another Broward County PD not part of BSO) who were conducting SWAT training in a nearby BSO training facility and heard the dispatch call out on their radios. They took it upon themselves to race to the school and upon arrival they were ordered to stand down by the BSO incident commander on scene. They both elected to ignore that order, geared up, and made offensive entry into the school. Several BSO deputies subsequently followed... Unfortunately, the damage was done by the time they made entry and the shooter had already left the property.

Here's the best part... You would think the Miramar and BSO officers who disobeyed the stand down order would be lauded as heroes right? Nope... Both the Miramar and BSO Police Chiefs in their infinite wisdom, suspended them for disobeying orders and protocol. They were later reinstated without apology and without reward...

In regard to Peterson and the jury's acquittal of all charges, I would offer this... As much as this event provokes such raw emotion and so many people were destroyed by this terrible tragedy, Peterson was charged as a scapegoat... These charges were an attempt by the prosecutor's office to divert responsibility of the failing of multiple law enforcement agencies including BSO and the FBI. The BSO Sheriff should have resigned or been fired for the overall response. The jury, who obviously felt a great pressure to indict this guy, unanimously found that although Peterson's actions where certainly questionable, no actual crime was committed.

The Nationwide policy for active shooters as far as Local Law Enforcement goes has not been to take up a defensive position since the 90s, but to move towards the last known location of gunshots if there’s currently not any to be heard. If you can still hear gunshots then you approach the location of gunshots.

It should be noted in an active shooter situation Law Enforcement is trained to NOT wait for backup. Even if they are all alone. It’s the really the only time in the job a LEO is trained and expected to disregard all personal safety and act as quickly as possible to stop the threat or at least give the suspect a target to engage that is not unarmed, innocent people.

They failed that day. And more recently failed in Texas.

Though I'm far from a Trump apologist, I think it important to recognize what he did for our country through his Supreme Court appointments. Between the reversal of Roe v. Wade last year and the decisions of the past couple days, we owe the man a bit of gratitude.

Though I'm far from a Trump apologist, I think it important to recognize what he did for our country through his Supreme Court appointments. Between the reversal of Roe v. Wade last year and the decisions of the past couple days, we owe the man a bit of gratitude.
Trump did good for the country. He however could have done much, much more had he:
1. Stayed off Twitter! Tweeting like an emotional teenage girl was far from "Presidential".
2. Reframed from insulting those who did not agree with him;
"I like people who don't get captured..."
"You are a nasty woman..."

3. Worked with Congress to find compromises. Fighting with Republican majority House and Senate leaders when they held both houses of Congress squandered more than I can comprehend.

Had he done the above he would still be President!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RositaDona

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?