Politics

With regard to the spill in Ohio. I understand that not all of the cars that contained chemicals were ruptured and that the reason the spill was set on fire was that was the quickest way to get the track back into use. It seems to me that the better way to clean up the spill would be to get upright cars back up the line and re-routed, then those that couldn't be uprighted but still contained chemical could be pumped out into tanker trucks/trailers and removed from the area. This would leave just the chemical that had spilled onto the ground, which if burning it was determined to be the best option would have been far less than the amount that was actually burnt and sent into the atmosphere and descended to land/water. Where's the Butt when he's needed?

As someone with a career dealing with this stuff, what was done in Ohio is beyond belief.

The PA voter logic also works the other way. The voters must have thought Fetterman the superior candidate and senator.

Also, after a slow start, I’ve noticed Blaine Holt must have made some key contacts in the Pentagon for some decent info. He has, IMO, been spot on the couple of days in his analysis of the balloon/ufo shtsho. Kudos to him.

Last edited:
On the outside looking in, the Democrats in the US and the liberals in Canada could elect a ham and cheese sandwich! All they have to do is say the lettuce and mayo are FREE! The alternative is you should work and pay your own way. Hard to compete against free mayonnaise.

I don't know if I can share this so I will do a screenshot too.
Screenshot_20230217_121019_Chrome.jpg

It is scary how that stuff is shipped right through urban centers on old shaky tracks, while vehicle transport has to avoid potential problems by taking the hazmat routes. It is a disaster waiting to happen and perhaps statistically overdue.

It is scary how that stuff is shipped right through urban centers on old shaky tracks, while vehicle transport has to avoid potential problems by taking the hazmat routes. It is a disaster waiting to happen and perhaps statistically overdue.

You wouldn’t believe what’s in some of those rail cars. Google hydrofluoric acid if you really want to scare yourself.

You wouldn’t believe what’s in some of those rail cars. Google hydrofluoric acid if you really want to scare yourself.

HF or mud acid is the super industrial strength drain cleaner used in oilfield well stimulation. Very hazardous stuff indeed.

HF or mud acid is the super industrial strength drain cleaner used in oilfield well stimulation. Very hazardous stuff indeed.

Yeah but you guys use the dilute stuff. You wouldn’t believe what the high strength stuff will do. Liquid contact on 10 sq cm of skin and you are unlikely to survive. We kept calcium gluconate and zephyrin chloride on hand for immediate treatment in the event of a release. Water deluge requirements are massive to knock down a release (I personally installed a water cannon system capable of delivering 8000 pm to any point in our unit). Now think about a rail car of that stuff on a siding in your town with no mitigation capability available. Local authorities are not trained and do not have the equipment to deal with this stuff. That’s why you get the insanity we are seeing in Ohio.

Years ago I worked in the aerospace industry, and we had a chemical milling facility. Two of our men were unloading a tanker of hydroflouric and the tank they were filling burst. The acid literally showered the two men. They weren’t wearing hazmat suits nor respirators as required. The died a slow, agonizing death. The truck driver who was standing next to them was also drenched. He was wearing an exposure suit and a respirator. He showered off and went home to his family unharmed.

A while later, I was assigned to supervise the production control group in the chem mill building. I was dumbfounded on my first day to find the workers not wearing their safety gear as if nothing had happened. Most of them knew the deceased workers. Some were there the day it happened. I learned then that a large portion of the human race is simply stupid.

Gpm not pm. Spellcheck got me again!

I was stopped at the train track running one mile east of downtown Dallas at I 30 and Carroll st. and watched every single railcar dip sharply to the right and then right itself at one certain weak point. And they were all tankers of the stuff that got out of hand at Dow Chemical was it in India years back...dozens of tanker cars. Sure makes you wonder just how important it is to manufacture plastic bags, etc.

When does the spring thaw come to Ukraine/when will conditions improve to battle manaeuverability?

Early spring actually makes conditions worse than they are now… the entire region becomes deep/thick mud which significantly impairs both tracked and foot movement…

Late spring/early summer when things dry up a bit is when things will move more freely on the battlefield…

I saw "diversity" in the trades. It helped some companies go bankrupt, out of business or just move offshore. The ones that did stay afloat, it increased costs significantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ferhipo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED