Planned Adventures

I’m not sure if a thread has been made for stating planned hunts or fishing trips. I thought it would be great to add one so everyone can see what everyone has planned within the next year or two. You can make your plans as detailed as you prefer.

Myself:
Fall 2024: whitetail hunt IL and KY. Bow and shotgun both hunts are on either owned or leased property. The wife will be with me in IL.
Spring 2025: bass fishing Lake Fork. Hoping for some big crappies as well. The wife will be traveling with me. More than likely we will be there for a week.
Fall 2025: Mule Deer WY (permit draw pending). Rifle hunt only. I will see what is possible for adding a wolf tag
I have a beautiful rental house on Lake Fork. Get your reservations early especially for Airbnb or VRBO. My rental is already starting to get booked for the Spring 2025. Crappie are incredible in March.

Fall 2024:
- Whitetail in ND, MN, and SD (Mix of bow and rifle)
- Waterfowl/upland game in ND and SD
Spring 2025:
- MN Turkey
- Canada Fly-in Fishing
- Probably a Hog hunting trip in TX or FL
Fall 2025:
- Whitetail in ND and MN
- Possibly a European Trip (probably Ireland)
Spring 2026:
- MN Turkey
- ID Black Bear
Summer 2026:
- Cape Buffalo/Plains Game in RSA
Fall 2026:
- Whitetail in ND, MN
- Hopefully a hunt out west (Elk/Mule deer/Pronghorn)

I have a trip for a driven hunt in Germany in October. First time for a driven hunt there although I have done a couple of trips to sit out at night In a high seat for boar. That started my addiction for hunting boar.
Next is a trip to the Czech Republic for driven boar. This will be my third trip there. The last two were awesome.
Hopefully planning a management hunt in Namibia for next year. Oryx,blue wildebeest and kudu are the target species. Baboons and jackal are targets of opportunity.

Hmmmmm. Always fun to think ahead!

For this year, by some miracle my son drew an Idaho mulie tag, so that takes care of October. Upland birds through the winter. 2025 will be a fishing trip in Alaska and then a combo whitetail/mulie hunt in Alberta. The plan for 2026 will be another trip to Africa.

There are a few PG critters still on my radar, but my heart is turning to the big cats in Africa. We'll see where that leads us....

Fall 2024:
- Whitetail in ND, MN, and SD (Mix of bow and rifle)
Spring 2025:
- MN Turkey
- Canada Fly-in Fishing
- Probably a Hog hunting trip in TX or FL
Fall 2025:
- Whitetail in ND and MN
- Possibly a European Trip (probably Ireland)
Spring 2026:
- MN Turkey
- ID Black Bear
Summer 2026:
- Cape Buffalo/Plains Game in RSA
Fall 2026:
- Whitetail in ND, MN
- Hopefully a hunt out west (Elk/Mule deer/Pronghorn)
The bird hunting in the Dakotas always seems to be popular. Does it live up to the hype? I’m not much of a bird hunter, but I would like to take a friend pheasant hunting at some point.

The bird hunting in the Dakotas always seems to be popular. Does it live up to the hype? I’m not much of a bird hunter, but I would like to take a friend pheasant hunting at some point.
Waterfowl hunting in the Dakotas definitely lives up to the hype, I live in ND so I get out quite a bit every season and shoot a lot of birds.
Pheasants in SD have been going down in population in the area I hunt, it's been harder to find birds, a couple bad winters and droughts knocked the population down. Good thing is the prairie chicken and sharptail populations boomed. I have been seeing more pheasants in ND and seems to be getting close to SD level. There is also a bunch of Hungarian partridge around that are a fun challenge.
I personally love hunting here and would recommend it to anyone.

Waterfowl hunting in the Dakotas definitely lives up to the hype, I live in ND so I get out quite a bit every season and shoot a lot of birds.
Pheasants in SD have been going down in population in the area I hunt, it's been harder to find birds, a couple bad winters and droughts knocked the population down. Good thing is the prairie chicken and sharptail populations boomed. I have been seeing more pheasants in ND and seems to be getting close to SD level. There is also a bunch of Hungarian partridge around that are a fun challenge.
I personally love hunting here and would recommend it to anyone.
Almost everyone I hear from tries to tell NRs to not come anywhere near their state to hunt. Appreciate the advice.

Almost everyone I hear from tries to tell NRs to not come anywhere near their state to hunt. Appreciate the advice.
No problem, I have been a non-resident hunter plenty of times and wish people were nicer to each other as we are all hunters with a common goal.

No problem, I have been a non-resident hunter plenty of times and wish people were nicer to each other as we are all hunters with a common goal.
Completely agree, it’s sad too that hunters are a minority, and we should ban together to keep our culture/conservation efforts viable. I wish more of the older landowners gave the same chances to younger, outdoor enthusiasts. Monetary charity only goes so far. I’m very proud that our NWTF chapter members have donated land for youth hunts in our county.

Outdoorsmen, by nature, are charitable. Unfortunately, a small group care more about their trophy pictures than growing future generations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertaNilk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.