DillonG

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
None
I’m not sure if a thread has been made for stating planned hunts or fishing trips. I thought it would be great to add one so everyone can see what everyone has planned within the next year or two. You can make your plans as detailed as you prefer.

Myself:
Fall 2024: whitetail hunt IL and KY. Bow and shotgun both hunts are on either owned or leased property. The wife will be with me in IL.
Spring 2025: bass fishing Lake Fork. Hoping for some big crappies as well. The wife will be traveling with me. More than likely we will be there for a week.
Fall 2025: Mule Deer WY (permit draw pending). Rifle hunt only. I will see what is possible for adding a wolf tag

Fall 2024: Archery and Firearm deer hunting at my home property in IL as always. Heading to Maine and Minnesota for black bears as usual as well. Maine is with Foggy Mountain Bear hunts, this will be my third hunt with them. Minnesota is DIY with friends.

Spring 2025: Nothing on the books yet, but wife wants to go to Alaska on vacation, so I better stay a week later and hunt something.

Fall 2025: Maybe draw Maine moose.

Spring 2026: 10 days in northern Namibia, with some sightseeing along with it. Looking for Eland, Kudu, Red Hartebeest, Mountain Zebra.

That's all the farther I've gotten so far! I'm but a mere mortal compared to some folks on here, I've got to budget carefully.

Well I guess I got a few things.

we just got back from RSA a week and a half ago.

Drew two coues deer tags for me and my daughter close to home here in AZ for fall 24.

January ‘25 annual Texas exotics hunt with the guys. Hogs, axis, aoudad, bison etc, all fair game.

Spring ‘25 maybe spring bear in either Alaska or Idaho.

Other than that paying for taxidermy and shipping from our recent safari in ‘25, buy plane tickets and put down a deposit in ‘26 and head back to RSA in ‘27. Gotta finish my spiral slam with an Eland and Bushbuck for me, daughter wants an impala slam and son wants a golden and a black wildebeest. Least that’s the plan right now.

Fall/Winter 2024: 1st a trip in Aug for cow elk in Wyoming while scouting to see if I want to burn my points in that region next fall.
2nd I drew a NM muzzleloader deer tag and will be chasing coues in SW NM the end of October.
3rd drew a 3rd season deer tag in SW Colorado for mid November might pick up a OTC elk tag to go along.
4th If unsuccessful in Wyoming in August come back in Dec/Jan and try again for a cow elk.
Of course I'll be hunting deer and ducks here at home in Oklahoma and my number one goal this fall will be getting my 8 year old boy his first deer. We've been practicing with his 243. and I feel he's ready.

2025: Return to Limpopo in June to hunt kudu, bushbuck, and maybe a few more things.
Other then that will have to see how the draws go thinking of using my Wyoming deer points or Colorado elk points. Also been meaning to draw the SD blackhills whitetail tag for years maybe make that happen.

December 24 - Costa Rica - Fun with the extended family and a bit of brawling with sails, roosters while dining on fabulous grilled seafood on the beach.

April 25 - Hungary - Roe deer

June 25 - Canada - Big Lake Trout and Pike plus Walleye on the grill

February 26 - Red Stag and Buffalo in Argentina

I’m not sure if a thread has been made for stating planned hunts or fishing trips. I thought it would be great to add one so everyone can see what everyone has planned within the next year or two. You can make your plans as detailed as you prefer.

Myself:
Fall 2024: whitetail hunt IL and KY. Bow and shotgun both hunts are on either owned or leased property. The wife will be with me in IL.
Spring 2025: bass fishing Lake Fork. Hoping for some big crappies as well. The wife will be traveling with me. More than likely we will be there for a week.
Fall 2025: Mule Deer WY (permit draw pending). Rifle hunt only. I will see what is possible for adding a wolf tag
Good choice on the Fork crappies--their genetics have them carry more thickness and meat out into the tail section...they just weigh more than a lot of other places. The bass--well, that's a given.

I definitely fall into somewhat of a "funk", if I don't have an adventure planned.

Right now, my wife and I have three older relatives who are in very ill health, and we don't have any idea of when things may make a turn for the worse.

This situation makes me stir crazy. As of now, I have nothing planned, and this actually, makes me anxious and subject to (somewhat) self-destructive behavior.

I want to take my offshore boat to the coast, to start blue water fishing.
I want to take my flats boat to the coast for tarpon.
I want to be planning another trip to Africa.
I want to be planning a BG hunt to the Rocky Mountains for anything I can hunt out there.

Just the way I'm wired...

Japan in August to be a tourist and climb Mt fuji.

Spain in September to drop my son off at a language school.
Leaving from Spain to Namibia for 2 weeks of hunting whatever is left on quota. My dad and older sister will be with me.

Late October, yearly return home for a family hunt in Montana for antelope, deer and elk and birds.

Minnesota deer hunting for this fall as always, archery, rifle, muzzleloader.

May of 2025 I’m beginning a plan to return to Tuktoyaktuk, NWT Canada to explore more with some great guides we bird hunted with last September.

I’d like to hunt in South Africa in summer 2025, but I haven’t picked a place yet.

I almost forgot… tomorrow: I am always looking for that darn groundhog that is digging under the buildings. I keep a .22LR at the ready by the door. I got one of them last weekend. Morning coffee is on a whole new level as I stare out the kitchen window.

I leave August 31st this year for buffalo, spotted hyena and maybe a kudu in Matesi 2 in Zim.

I’ll be in Utah sometime in early 2025 for mountain lion. I’m “on-call” for that hunt.

August of 2025 I’ll be in the Caprivi for buffalo and own use/non-trophy elephant and maybe a good roan, if we can find one.

Don’t have anything planned for 2026, yet...

April of 2027, I’ll be in Zim for wild, exportable lion, buffalo, hippo and bushbuck.

I’m still trying to draw a Kodiak Island mountain goat tag and bighorn sheep tag anywhere out west so plans will have to be made if I’m ever successful with a draw.

These are my planned travel/adventure type hunts. There is always deer, hogs, turkeys, small game and alligator here at home (when I draw a tag for the gator).

September Roe buck and Boar in Italy

Late October pheasant in North Dakota

Late November Coues in Arizona

Dec/Jan/Feb whitetail and quail on our farm in Alabama

End of July: 3-4 days Roe buck and wild boar bowhunt in France
August: 14 days Buffalo and plain gain - Eastern Cape, RSA
September: 12 days Chamois, Roe deer, Red Stag in Switzerland
October: 6 days Roe deer buck - shotgun + hounds hunt- Switzerland
November- December 1-2 week-end Wild boar driven hunt and wild boar thermic/night hunt France
January: 1 week Wild boar driven hunt Turkey

Depending on damages to domestic sheep, cows, goats - hopefully we might be able to harvest wolves where I usually hunt. Wolves are really making dramatic damages....

here’s what I am working on.
2025 South Africa Cape buffalo / plains game with my daughter.
2026 horseback elk hunt in the Tetons.
2026 spring bear Montana
2026 antelope Montana. ( daughter lives. In Montana)
2027 Alaska family trip. Fishing , maybe renting a floating cabin. Don’t know still in the works.
2027/2028 family africa trip. Tiger fish and family sightseeing safari.
I am going to try to do one nice trip a year until I am not physically able to.
I have enough “stuff”. I want time with my girls and grandkids.

I'll be heading to Upper Michigan in September for bear with my son. Took 11 years to get the first season Newberry tag. I don't often get to go back to where I'm from so looking forward to this one.
Unless I'm lucky in the secondary draw this week I didn't get a deer tag in Colorado again this year but will be helping my kids and grandson. I did get 4th season elk.

Greenland muskox late February 2025
And booked in South Africa again in June of 26.
I'm sure I'll fill some gaps in between if money allows though.

Fall 2024: Archery and Firearm deer hunting at my home property in IL as always. Heading to Maine and Minnesota for black bears as usual as well. Maine is with Foggy Mountain Bear hunts, this will be my third hunt with them. Minnesota is DIY with friends.

Spring 2025: Nothing on the books yet, but wife wants to go to Alaska on vacation, so I better stay a week later and hunt something.

Fall 2025: Maybe draw Maine moose.

Spring 2026: 10 days in northern Namibia, with some sightseeing along with it. Looking for Eland, Kudu, Red Hartebeest, Mountain Zebra.

That's all the farther I've gotten so far! I'm but a mere mortal compared to some folks on here, I've got to budget carefully.
I am in IL as well! I don’t see many on here that live nearby. Usually TX, FL, AZ, or AK.

Fall ‘24: Grouse and Woodcock in MN with my Setter and a good friend. Two day drive, but meeting up with friends so it’ll be worth it.

Summer ‘25: Own-use elephant in the Caprivi and, if successful early, some plains game closer to Windhoek.

September 2025- fly fishing Idaho and MT. Also had an old acquaintance message me trying to organize a bear hunt in MT so who knows.

2027- going to try to put together a DIY antelope hunt in MT with a buddy out there, already accumulating bonus points for the draw.

Headed back to RSA in a couple of weeks..

Idaho for elk and deer in October…

New Zealand for araparwa rams and possibly tahr and/or red stag in May 2025

Currently in discussions with a couple of people about the possibility of hosting a PH school in RSA for US and Euro “students” in 2025… I’d guess if we do this it would be late in the season.. maybe mid to late August time frame…

I’m sure between now and mid 2025 we’ll work in at least one additional hunting adventure in.. but that’s all that’s planned for now…

September Roe buck and Boar in Italy

Late October pheasant in North Dakota

Late November Coues in Arizona

Dec/Jan/Feb whitetail and quail on our farm in Alabama
Really looking forward to hearing about the Italian hunt. Will you be near Orvieto or closer to the Alps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yobarb

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.