Philip Glass On Round The Fire Podcast

Listening to podcast like these is what made me realize that Africa was within my budget if I worked hard enough for it. A podcast is actually how I found out about this site which helped me immensely.

The 3 you listed are all good ones. Others that have some African content are Lone Star Outdoor Show, Backcountry Hunting, Safari Trails, Blood Origins, Australian Hunting Podcast.

There are others out there with just an episode or two about Africa hunting but I find those by searching keywords like an African country with the word (hunt, hunting or safari before or after it.)

Safari Stories is a photography podcast about mostly sightseeing Kruger.

History of South Africa is an interesting listen if you want to learn more about the history of areas you may be hunting.

I really enjoy the History of South Africa podcast and have listened since it started. Thanks for those other suggestions. I've found a few isolated ones through keywords like you say.

The first podcast on Africa hunting I ever found was an early Meateater podcast episode, with Thomas McIntyre.

It's amazing how difficult it is to discover these things. I occasionally search my podcast app for Africa hunting podcasts and never saw this. I also do a DuckDuckGo search about once or twice a year, and only just now found this on there. I could've been listening to Round the Fire since 2020 but had no idea it existed. I thought the only one based in Southern Africa was PH Journals.

Please, prove to me how clueless I am by sending more examples!

(I know about the Big Game Hunting Podcast.)

Anyway I'm really looking forward to listening to this.
Yea there are so few Africa podcasts. Like you I search from time to time.

I really enjoy the History of South Africa podcast and have listened since it started. Thanks for those other suggestions. I've found a few isolated ones through keywords like you say.

The first podcast on Africa hunting I ever found was an early Meateater podcast episode, with Thomas McIntyre.
Me too!

I'm happy that Jono McHugh is back doing his Round the Fire podcast. He was the person who put me in touch with Juan and Lauren Stander of LJ Safaris for my first African hunt.

As things would have it, I listened to his Episode 38 where he explained about his H1B visa and moving to Texas on the last leg of my journey home. He refers to Juan and Lauren near the end of that podcast. I felt like my trip had come full circle.
Small World! Jono is now my neighbor!!! He works in a ranch right next to me now. Wow

I’ll be in an episode of the Lone Star Outdoor Show soon. Talking about Africa of course!

Philip-our ranch is in Ballinger. Would be fun to talk Africa around the fire some time! Fenstar
Of course. I would love that. Maybe when I get back from this Omay safari.

Phillip, it’s exciting to hear about others hunts. Your next Omay visit should be a good one. Please keep us all posted so we can ride along.

Yes I have listened to all of them. Very interesting
In case you didn't know and it others are interested, the same guy, Des Latham, also did a podcast called South African Border Wars. The series is complete, but it should still be available. I found it unbelievably interesting.
20240621_114943.jpg

I picked up a few podcasts in this thread I did not know of, Thanks! Any more that anyone can recommend are welcome. As some others here, I routinely listen to:

biggamehuntingpodcast
backcountryhunting
dsc campfires
sportingclassics
PH journal
Ron Spomer outdoors
Hornady podcast

Also, FTW ranch had one for awhile. Its not going currently but its out there and some good episodes.

Cheers

Here are two more from my list:

Into the Wilderness with Byron Pace

Petersen's Hunting Adventures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaun09

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles