Opinions on VC doubles

12 Months for Krieghoffs Classic?
 
I am still somewhat in the market for a double, but mostly still in the learning phase. I saw on another thread that I believe @IvW is a fan of these rifles, I could be mistaken though. Anyway what is everyone's general opinion on these doubles and also the pricing of this one with the brass and dies. I had almost settled on saving up for a new Heym but I am interested to know you all's thoughts on this.
Give Kebco LLC, Ken a call sometime. VC distributer

Knowledgeable, well versed & a Pleasure to do Business with.
 
Purchased my VC O/U 450/400 OU a year ago on GI for 6k. other than having to adjust the rear sight it has given me no problems. at that price I was ok with taking a flyer. just look around and be patient...
tempImagejkOxOa.png
 
Before I bought my Heym I read everything about them that I could find. Then I analysed the engineering principles that went into the 89b, and everything just makes such absolute sense. For example can you imagine the precision that allows a long water table design to close absolutely perfectly with a three point lockup?
Now I have it I have taken a magnifying glass to it and I can confirm it is so accurately made it is almost a miracle. That is an absolute.
Then onto the aesthetics. Proportion and form are a subjective, but to me and many others they have got it absolutely spot on - it is such a pleasure to behold from any angle.
And it shoots well, excellent crisp triggers, regulates and far more accurate than I am.
 
The Heym 89B looks great...best of two worlds perhaps.. Only thing that puzzles me is why they went for a Greener bolt instead of a dolls head third fastener..?

Nothing wrong with a well fitted Greener bolt...but a dolls head is more elegant perhaps..and more british..?
 
Last edited:
The Heym 89B looks great...best of two worlds perhaps.. Only thing that puzzles me is why they went for a Greener bolt instead of a dolls head third fastener..?

Nothing wrong with a well fitted Greener bolt...but a dolls head is more elegant perhaps..and more british..?
What is a Dolls Head? if you care to entertain, just curious. Finally seen the difference between the 88/89's.
Still really like their 88. From Heym's FB Page.
1659179519483.png
 
Last edited:

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.21 PM.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 172
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.22 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 161
I like the 89 better since it looks seems to be more in line with the old english guns to me.
 
The Heym 89B looks great...best of two worlds perhaps.. Only thing that puzzles me is why they went for a Greener bolt instead of a dolls head third fastener..?

Nothing wrong with a well fitted Greener bolt...but a dolls head is more elegant perhaps..and more british..?
The reason is it is essentially the same action. They have put it into a more British looking profile, but it isn't really a new design. That is one way they can keep it competitively priced. And frankly, on a heavy recoiling gun or rifle, there is nothing wrong with the slightly greater bearing surface of a cross bolt compared to a hidden third or doll's head.

I personally think that the Rigby rising bite is the most secure and attractive third lock, but it is difficult and expensive to make and fit.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,392
Messages
1,574,886
Members
170,190
Latest member
KeithTai12
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top