One final rodeo, bolt-action or double rifle for my last big bore thumper?

Until the desire for something that starts with a .5 gets too strong;)

BTW, they make doubles in .577NE:) And you can load your own ammo.... just sayin'.
such an enabler. I’m still trying to figure out how you talked your wife into the full mount of the rhino!!!

such an enabler. I’m still trying to figure out how you talked your wife into the full mount of the rhino!!!
Easy, have it done prior to marriage;)

It’s probably for the best as large bore calibers start with a 4 but BIG BOY calibers start with a 5… :-)

HH

Last edited:
As has been previously stated for a budget of 20K then get a Rigby BG.

I’ve been looking for a large double for a while. Every thing that I want is way above my budget which is about what yours is $20K AUD.

The other option is go for an R8 PH . For $20K you’ll get 2 thumper barrels and optics for both. And maybe even enough change to buy…..nah there’ll be stuff all change.

Anyway my opinion is worth nothing as I’m a self confessed ( and proud) Blaser and Rigby addict.

Good luck with whatever you get.

If only there existed a cartridge between the 458WM and the 500 Jeffery chambered for bolt-action rifles that had readily available factory ammo, 0.50 caliber and produced 500 NE ballistics.

Something in the 11-12lbs range, that would be a sweet spot I think.

I know where you can buy a .450 Rigby on a Vektor action. Beautiful wood and engraving. I’m sure you can get it for 4 figures.
I’m sure he has the components and dies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cScourge

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!