One final rodeo, bolt-action or double rifle for my last big bore thumper?

Until the desire for something that starts with a .5 gets too strong;)

BTW, they make doubles in .577NE:) And you can load your own ammo.... just sayin'.
such an enabler. I’m still trying to figure out how you talked your wife into the full mount of the rhino!!!

such an enabler. I’m still trying to figure out how you talked your wife into the full mount of the rhino!!!
Easy, have it done prior to marriage;)

It’s probably for the best as large bore calibers start with a 4 but BIG BOY calibers start with a 5… :-)

HH

Last edited:
As has been previously stated for a budget of 20K then get a Rigby BG.

I’ve been looking for a large double for a while. Every thing that I want is way above my budget which is about what yours is $20K AUD.

The other option is go for an R8 PH . For $20K you’ll get 2 thumper barrels and optics for both. And maybe even enough change to buy…..nah there’ll be stuff all change.

Anyway my opinion is worth nothing as I’m a self confessed ( and proud) Blaser and Rigby addict.

Good luck with whatever you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoracioSpi

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?