on a lighter note...

Me too.

Doesn't help that the picture has crappy resolution, contrast and lighting.
Yeah, took me a minute or 3 to realize there's a black poodle (or something) in that pic.

1721509104000.png

Poodles were originally bred as gun dogs to flush and retrieve game from water. Its not the dogs fault that idiots stopped using them as gun dogs and tried to turn them into a fashion accessory.
I'd say that the vast majority of dogs out in homes today do not do what they were bred for. My neighbor and his sister are two prime examples. Between the two of them they own 2 labs and a couple of golden retrievers. All of them are purebred. None of them have ever been used for hunting.

Poodles were originally bred as gun dogs to flush and retrieve game from water. Its not the dogs fault that idiots stopped using them as gun dogs and tried to turn them into a fashion accessory.
Correct! And they were sheared in order to lessen the load of water they would shake off after retrieving ducks. To keep them from getting arthritic from cold water, they did not shear over the rump and shoulders--classic poodle bouffant, but kept them in the field a year longer....

I'd say that the vast majority of dogs out in homes today do not do what they were bred for. My neighbor and his sister are two prime examples. Between the two of them they own 2 labs and a couple of golden retrievers. All of them are purebred. None of them have ever been used for hunting.
Labradors..From grundig to a short legged, fat food waste recycling animal..
Golden Retriever s, from a very active universal hunting dog to a platinablondt, stupid useless toy.
Irish settes, ... Herman Shepherd
When a dogbreed becomes "popular" it is doomed

Luckily three are dog owners, hunters and breeders keeping hunting lines alive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatiaOKeef

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg