on a lighter note...

Image1721513382.118041.jpg
 
Poodles were originally bred as gun dogs to flush and retrieve game from water. Its not the dogs fault that idiots stopped using them as gun dogs and tried to turn them into a fashion accessory.
I'd say that the vast majority of dogs out in homes today do not do what they were bred for. My neighbor and his sister are two prime examples. Between the two of them they own 2 labs and a couple of golden retrievers. All of them are purebred. None of them have ever been used for hunting.
 
Poodles were originally bred as gun dogs to flush and retrieve game from water. Its not the dogs fault that idiots stopped using them as gun dogs and tried to turn them into a fashion accessory.
Correct! And they were sheared in order to lessen the load of water they would shake off after retrieving ducks. To keep them from getting arthritic from cold water, they did not shear over the rump and shoulders--classic poodle bouffant, but kept them in the field a year longer....
 
I'd say that the vast majority of dogs out in homes today do not do what they were bred for. My neighbor and his sister are two prime examples. Between the two of them they own 2 labs and a couple of golden retrievers. All of them are purebred. None of them have ever been used for hunting.
Labradors..From grundig to a short legged, fat food waste recycling animal..
Golden Retriever s, from a very active universal hunting dog to a platinablondt, stupid useless toy.
Irish settes, ... Herman Shepherd
When a dogbreed becomes "popular" it is doomed

Luckily three are dog owners, hunters and breeders keeping hunting lines alive.
 
1721621250679.png
 
Poodles were originally bred as gun dogs to flush and retrieve game from water. Its not the dogs fault that idiots stopped using them as gun dogs and tried to turn them into a fashion accessory.
I knew a goose guide in Arkansas that transitioned from a real dog ( Chesapeake Bay Retriever ) to a standard poodle!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,756
Members
169,614
Latest member
westnarvasa1980
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top