on a lighter note...

719621BB-174A-4EE4-948D-9206326645C5.jpeg

Somedays I think this would be better than what I have!

0FBDB292-34C3-4B12-A6CB-7CDE1EFC2033.png

Bad Engrishes

1681158719158.png

1681158749998.png

1681158776056.png

1681158922945.png

Yep, one of the machine shops I started at we did wonderful things. grease under the door handle , when you put your hand to open the door , you got lubed. A good one was to tie an empty can to a stout piece of string, tie the string to a leaf spring and balance the can on the spring. The first bump and the can started playing a tune.

So, at my core, I am a construction worker. As such often we eat whatever is available at the gas station, that is if you didn’t pack a lunch.

One hot August day in Wisconsin, a coworker and I were sent to troubleshoot and repair an irrigation system for a corn field. As it could be a long while until we had the situation sorted out, we stopped for food.

I was eating one of the “roller grilled hot dog shaped whatever they actually are” sausages from the highway stop gas station.

I got down to that one last bite, you know, the one where it’s either two small ones or one big bite. So… I look at what I am actually going to put in my mouth.

There it was, suture/stitching thread, the kind the veterinarian would use, embedded in my hot dog. My coworker of 27 years, still laughs when we talk about that day.
And yet a Japanese couple sells world class sushi from a gas station on a nondescript crossroad the other side of Ennis, TX...go figure. I'll take sushi over sutures, tho, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.