on a lighter note...

719621BB-174A-4EE4-948D-9206326645C5.jpeg

Somedays I think this would be better than what I have!

0FBDB292-34C3-4B12-A6CB-7CDE1EFC2033.png

Bad Engrishes

1681158719158.png

1681158749998.png

1681158776056.png

1681158922945.png

Yep, one of the machine shops I started at we did wonderful things. grease under the door handle , when you put your hand to open the door , you got lubed. A good one was to tie an empty can to a stout piece of string, tie the string to a leaf spring and balance the can on the spring. The first bump and the can started playing a tune.

So, at my core, I am a construction worker. As such often we eat whatever is available at the gas station, that is if you didn’t pack a lunch.

One hot August day in Wisconsin, a coworker and I were sent to troubleshoot and repair an irrigation system for a corn field. As it could be a long while until we had the situation sorted out, we stopped for food.

I was eating one of the “roller grilled hot dog shaped whatever they actually are” sausages from the highway stop gas station.

I got down to that one last bite, you know, the one where it’s either two small ones or one big bite. So… I look at what I am actually going to put in my mouth.

There it was, suture/stitching thread, the kind the veterinarian would use, embedded in my hot dog. My coworker of 27 years, still laughs when we talk about that day.
And yet a Japanese couple sells world class sushi from a gas station on a nondescript crossroad the other side of Ennis, TX...go figure. I'll take sushi over sutures, tho, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QSGAli3189

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?