on a lighter note...

I used to work in a restaurant, mostly tending steaks on the grill.

I often got perplexing requests, but one frequent customer was always complaining about the steaks not being cooked enough. The other cooks hated when she visited the restaurant because she would send a steak back 2-3 times.

On my shift she ordered her usual well done ribeye, and I obliged with my own rendition of “well done”. I put her steak on the back of the grill (the hottest part) and put a grill iron on it (reserved for quick searing chicken). I left it there for 20min, and when I finally removed the charred brick from the grill I thought for certain she would never return. Order up!

20 min later she came back to the kitchen, and, with a smirk, I awaited my “grilling” about the obviously burnt “meal.” She responded, with a huge smile, that it was the best steak she ever had and that she hoped I would always be the cook on duty when she stopped in for her “steak.” :oops:

I’ve never forgotten that shift.
I had a nearly identical situation back when I was grill cook for a Steakhouse. Knew the customer to notoriously send back a well done steak as undercooked, so I grabbed a cut from the fridge, pounded it down thin, and put it on the hot spot of the grill. Stacked all my free steak weights on top (maybe 10 or 15 of them) flipped it after 10 minutes and did the same for the other side. Sent out that horrible piece of meat without any of our butter sauce, so there wasn't a drop of moisture left in it. I thought for sure I'd get in trouble for serving a charred brick I wouldn't want to feed to my dog.

20 minutes later the server comes back with a $20 bill and said it was a tip from the customer as the best steak they'd ever been served.

Imagine you were on a cooking show and given the task of making tacos, but all you were given is cat food, cheez wiz and cardboard and you would be close to what it tastes like.

though some people love it….. I have no idea why
Nothing wrong with a little taco hell every now and again.

1650217302723.png

I believe that the problem with Toco He'll and any other fast food joints is the extra grease that you get with your meal the extra large helpings of refried beans don't help either.

I know that I have posted this before but it is still a good read. I wa rolling on the floor the first time that I read it.

I'm on my phone so it is easier just to link to it.

Getting funny looks sat in the lounge as am pissing myself laughing....
:E Rofl: :E Rofl::E Rofl::E Rofl::E Rofl:

Just in case for future reference as I have never been to one of these places....but I have seen quite a few jokes on here referencing people crapping themselves after eating in these taco places....is the food that bad?....
I think they use msg and a ton of spices cook down there fatty meat for hours then put it in a taco shell with lettuce,tomatoes cheese and sour cream and like magic a Colan bomb. Over the years my body has become more tolerable to it but before I was forty it was definitely low cal.goes in and came right out

Holy! I forgot about this stuff. I recall the graphic looking like the guy had a dick on his face. So I looked it up...you be the judge. Man that is an old memory. It's wild what you can find on the internet :D
big-league-chew-style-sheet-inaugural-package-1980-1562617880.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianne38C

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?