on a lighter note...

I used to work in a restaurant, mostly tending steaks on the grill.

I often got perplexing requests, but one frequent customer was always complaining about the steaks not being cooked enough. The other cooks hated when she visited the restaurant because she would send a steak back 2-3 times.

On my shift she ordered her usual well done ribeye, and I obliged with my own rendition of “well done”. I put her steak on the back of the grill (the hottest part) and put a grill iron on it (reserved for quick searing chicken). I left it there for 20min, and when I finally removed the charred brick from the grill I thought for certain she would never return. Order up!

20 min later she came back to the kitchen, and, with a smirk, I awaited my “grilling” about the obviously burnt “meal.” She responded, with a huge smile, that it was the best steak she ever had and that she hoped I would always be the cook on duty when she stopped in for her “steak.” :oops:

I’ve never forgotten that shift.

I often got perplexing requests, but one frequent customer was always complaining about the steaks not being cooked enough. The other cooks hated when she visited the restaurant because she would send a steak back 2-3 times.

On my shift she ordered her usual well done ribeye, and I obliged with my own rendition of “well done”. I put her steak on the back of the grill (the hottest part) and put a grill iron on it (reserved for quick searing chicken). I left it there for 20min, and when I finally removed the charred brick from the grill I thought for certain she would never return. Order up!

20 min later she came back to the kitchen, and, with a smirk, I awaited my “grilling” about the obviously burnt “meal.” She responded, with a huge smile, that it was the best steak she ever had and that she hoped I would always be the cook on duty when she stopped in for her “steak.” :oops:

When I first started in my trade, while on out of town jobs, my boss would order his steak “ burnt black”! So if he ordered steak the rest of us would order anything else but steak.

510ABDE1-6E9A-4C26-BF4A-CF4C40FE4F7F.jpeg

In France she would have been told to leave the restaurant.....

Just in case for future reference as I have never been to one of these places....but I have seen quite a few jokes on here referencing people crapping themselves after eating in these taco places....is the food that bad?....
Imagine you were on a cooking show and given the task of making tacos, but all you were given is cat food, cheez wiz and cardboard and you would be close to what it tastes like.

though some people love it….. I have no idea why

Imagine you were on a cooking show and given the task of making tacos, but all you were given is cat food, cheez wiz and cardboard and you would be close to what it tastes like.

though some people love it….. I have no idea why

Jeez....OK thanks will give it a miss ....always wondered what they were like as see them allover when over there for the show...

Just in case for future reference as I have never been to one of these places....but I have seen quite a few jokes on here referencing people crapping themselves after eating in these taco places....is the food that bad?....
As in Crocodile Dundee, '.... you can live off of it ,but if gives me gas...' references to the lizard and NY hot dog scenes.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oooopppssss.....that wasn't a fart, be right back gotta :E Cry::E Cry: :E Excited::A Shit::E Rofl:

I believe that the problem with Toco He'll and any other fast food joints is the extra grease that you get with your meal the extra large helpings of refried beans don't help either.

I know that I have posted this before but it is still a good read. I wa rolling on the floor the first time that I read it.

I'm on my phone so it is easier just to link to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErinBurges

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!