on a lighter note...

1000023784.jpg

Helicopter noun 1. A million parts rotating rapidly around an oil leak waiting for metal fatigue to set in.
Or a million parts held together by a low bid bolt.

Or a million parts held together by a low bid bolt.

Oil and hydraulic leaks.....PFFfff
Low bid bolt....Pfff
Metal Fatigue....pff

The Collective.....Just Exactly How Drunk was the PIC last night?

The "Jesus Nut"!, The "Jesus Nut"!, IF nothing else Always!! check, double check,....even triple check the "Jesus Nut".

Oil and hydraulic leaks.....PFFfff
Low bid bolt....Pfff
Metal Fatigue....pff

The Collective.....Just Exactly How Drunk was the PIC last night?

The "Jesus Nut"!, The "Jesus Nut"!, IF nothing else Always!! check, double check,....even triple check the "Jesus Nut".

Guess I should have NOTED:

FYI:

For those not in aviation or familiar with helicopters the "Jesus Nut" is the single nut that holds the main rotor to the helicopter.

In essence if the main rotor nut comes off, no auto rotate to the ground, only the Hand of GOD will prevent one's meeting with the Son of GOD, Jesus. Thus the term "Jesus Nut".

The Collective is the lever, much like that of an outboard boat motor, controls the speed and direction / pitch of the rotor blades. Pilots have to Collect All of Their Thoughts, Ensure they have take off clearance from the control tower of the "airport" and know where other aircraft are in relation to them, BEFORE deciding to pull up on the collective....become airborne.

Last edited:
Thousands of hours and I never once lost a Jesus nut!! It was the little pieces of safety wire holding the nuts on that I worried about.
What'd you fly?

My son flies an MH-60S, right now off the deck of the USS Chesty Puller.

My F-i-L flew a UH-1, '68 - '70.

1717276950016.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thienduongtrochoii

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!