on a lighter note...

Also, some memes deserve to be reposted
IMG_9167.jpeg

You tell them brother. Or the A-10s & F-16 pulling CAS. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not our fault if we scored too high on the ASVAB and were disqualified from joining the other branches. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

True story on why I didn't join the USAF.

Vietnam War: still going on (was nearing the end):

The plan: As soon as I graduated high school in the next few months I was going to join the Air Force become a "jet jockey" and my step-dad would be my maintenance NCO.

Family and friends were having a cookout one night. My step-dad and the other guys were all Air Force at the time.

As the guys were seated around the campfire, while the gals were finishing the last bit of cleanup, "War Stories" started being told, and then I made a rather abrupt observation of 3 situations all pertaining to one particular in country airbase that they were assigned to.

Strike 1:
Eary start of the Vietnam War this airbase was attacked by (I may have this backwards, nonetheless) a platoon size or larger Force of North Vietnamese Army (NVA). No weapons were issued to the airmen to defend themselves or the airbase.

The NVA retreated, after they had learned they (NVA) were attacking an airbase and not an Army or Marine forward base camp.

Strike 2:
The Vietnam War was in full swing everyone (supposedly, Not the Air Force) was issued weapons and had their weapons readily at hand.

Again the airbase was attacked by a heavy force of Viet Cong (VC). The NVC were repelled by US Army helicopter gunships.

Stirke 3:
Breaking News: The Vietnam War is now over.
Troops are preparing to redeploy back to the US. Ground fighting is still going on. Saigon has not yet fallen. The airbase is packing up. The last flights are taking off abandoning the airbase. When...A (NVA or VC) Single Sniper opens up on the airbase.

Remember No weapons were issued to airmen to defend themselves or the airbase thus far throughout the entire Vietnam Campaign. Only a Very Minimal Air Force Security Patrol protected the airbase throughout the entire conflict.

Men were scrambling for any kind of cover/protection. The (NVA or VC) sniper continuing to pick his/her targets of choice, some fatal, some wounded, mostly near misses.

Sheet metal is not recommended for cover, bullets can easily penetrate it and metal drums.

And suddenly every airman that could make it to the weapons containment area was issued a weapon for defense of the airbase, and to protect themselves and others.

During the telling of this "War Story", the person paused just long enough for me to interrupt and bring attention to "the situations" and the BS Air Force mentality.

My comment:

Understandably at the beginning of "The War" (Very Long and Complicated) to prevent an "International Incident" I understood why not everyone was given a weapon. However, In the height of "The War" WTF/WTH, No Weapons! F**K THAT!!!, sheet metal doesn't stop bullets! and I want a weapon to fire back with. To be issued a weapon for a single sniper...BS!!...That's just plain BS!! not to have a weapon at hand. Blah, blah, blah!!!!!

(30-90 seconds of ) Moment of reflective silence ......

When the silence was broken by the story teller....

"You know he's right, "that was pretty damn stupid... "

At that, I declared, "F**k the Air Force. I'm joining the Army. At least I'll have a weapon I can fight back with."

Having served 26 years enlisted and officer in the US ARMY......I'm glad to have chosen the Army.

Derogatory in nature. All in good nature of tradition......

"The only higher ASVAB scorers in the entire United States Air Force are All cooks."

'Those that scored average or below on their ASVABs were successfully dumb enough to become "jet jockeys". And for whatever reason were brave enough, or down right stupid enough, to engage with the enemy at such closeness of certain death to themselves, bringing the Wrath of God upon the enemy, and affording me and those who followed my orders a longer life expectancy."...." ....I salute and give (humbably) great praise to those marvelous..... pilots and their crews..".

1712948534601.png

True story on why I didn't join the USAF.

Vietnam War: still going on (was nearing the end):

The plan: As soon as I graduated high school in the next few months I was going to join the Air Force become a "jet jockey" and my step-dad would be my maintenance NCO.

Family and friends were having a cookout one night. My step-dad and the other guys were all Air Force at the time.

As the guys were seated around the campfire, while the gals were finishing the last bit of cleanup, "War Stories" started being told, and then I made a rather abrupt observation of 3 situations all pertaining to one particular in country airbase that they were assigned to.

Strike 1:
Eary start of the Vietnam War this airbase was attacked by (I may have this backwards, nonetheless) a platoon size or larger Force of North Vietnamese Army (NVA). No weapons were issued to the airmen to defend themselves or the airbase.

The NVA retreated, after they had learned they (NVA) were attacking an airbase and not an Army or Marine forward base camp.

Strike 2:
The Vietnam War was in full swing everyone (supposedly, Not the Air Force) was issued weapons and had their weapons readily at hand.

Again the airbase was attacked by a heavy force of Viet Cong (VC). The NVC were repelled by US Army helicopter gunships.

Stirke 3:
Breaking News: The Vietnam War is now over.
Troops are preparing to redeploy back to the US. Ground fighting is still going on. Saigon has not yet fallen. The airbase is packing up. The last flights are taking off abandoning the airbase. When...A (NVA or VC) Single Sniper opens up on the airbase.

Remember No weapons were issued to airmen to defend themselves or the airbase thus far throughout the entire Vietnam Campaign. Only a Very Minimal Air Force Security Patrol protected the airbase throughout the entire conflict.

Men were scrambling for any kind of cover/protection. The (NVA or VC) sniper continuing to pick his/her targets of choice, some fatal, some wounded, mostly near misses.

Sheet metal is not recommended for cover, bullets can easily penetrate it and metal drums.

And suddenly every airman that could make it to the weapons containment area was issued a weapon for defense of the airbase, and to protect themselves and others.

During the telling of this "War Story", the person paused just long enough for me to interrupt and bring attention to "the situations" and the BS Air Force mentality.

My comment:

Understandably at the beginning of "The War" (Very Long and Complicated) to prevent an "International Incident" I understood why not everyone was given a weapon. However, In the height of "The War" WTF/WTH, No Weapons! F**K THAT!!!, sheet metal doesn't stop bullets! and I want a weapon to fire back with. To be issued a weapon for a single sniper...BS!!...That's just plain BS!! not to have a weapon at hand. Blah, blah, blah!!!!!

(30-90 seconds of ) Moment of reflective silence ......

When the silence was broken by the story teller....

"You know he's right, "that was pretty damn stupid... "

At that, I declared, "F**k the Air Force. I'm joining the Army. At least I'll have a weapon I can fight back with."

Having served 26 years enlisted and officer in the US ARMY......I'm glad to have chosen the Army.

Derogatory in nature. All in good nature of tradition......

"The only higher ASVAB scorers in the entire United States Air Force are All cooks."

'Those that scored average or below on their ASVABs were successfully dumb enough to become "jet jockeys". And for whatever reason were brave enough, or down right stupid enough, to engage with the enemy at such closeness of certain death to themselves, bringing the Wrath of God upon the enemy, and affording me and those who followed my orders a longer life expectancy."...." ....I salute and give (humbably) great praise to those marvelous..... pilots and their crews..".
Yessir. The jet jockeys do have their place.

1712965606775.jpeg

1712965629348.jpeg

1712971645589.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DewayneWcz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia