on a lighter note...

Nah, just 13 years of nuns and monks drilling grammar and spelling into my head.
Bet you never had a hairbrush deployed on the back of your hand!

Bet you never had a hairbrush deployed on the back of your hand!
No, no hairbrushes. Sisters of the Sacred Heart seem to like rulers. Brothers of the Sacred Heart seem to prefer wooden paddles.

Franciscan priest, anything withing reach. My religion priest was a baseball player in Spain, and if you were talking and not paying attention, when you least expected he would rifle a piece of chalk and hit you square in the head or forehead. Surprising no one in my class or school lost an eye. LOL!! Slapping and the paddle was not an uncommon practice either. Ah those were the days of medieval punishment. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No, no hairbrushes. Sisters of the Sacred Heart seem to like rulers. Brothers of the Sacred Heart seem to prefer wooden paddles.
Still gets the attention factor!

IMG_0612.jpeg

1706712121004.png

Still gets the attention factor!
My junior high teacher favored an 18 inch ruler which she wielded quite deftly. Favorite targets were the back of your hands or the side of your head. If she was in a good mood it was just an unseen whack on your desk, a real attention getter. Never knew when she was in range.

1706722945309.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norbow

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.