Nyala Pictures

In the rain in Mozambique, lots of bulls around. He’s not the biggest but I like him.

63866882-677A-4BF4-A6C6-E50136164EE2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
In the rain in Mozambique, lots of bulls around. He’s not the biggest but I like him.
Could have been the twin to mine. Personally, I think shape and symmetry are more important than length. That one has both. Very pretty horns. How were the facial markings? I would have preferred a backskin but mine was an old timer (only two teeth left in front and one about to fall out). He had a large bald spot down his spine in the middle of his back. So I took the cape instead.

Could have been the twin to mine. Personally, I think shape and symmetry are more important than length. That one has both. Very pretty horns. How were the facial markings? I would have preferred a backskin but mine was an old timer (only two teeth left in front and one about to fall out). He had a large bald spot down his spine in the middle of his back. So I took the cape instead.
Facial markings were pretty good and he had very few teeth as well, he had a gaggle of ticks on his cheek and one was as big as a 50 cent piece, biggest tick I’ve ever seen, I’ll try and dig up a picture of them, it was pure nasty!

Facial markings were pretty good and he had very few teeth as well, he had a gaggle of ticks on his cheek and one was as big as a 50 cent piece, biggest tick I’ve ever seen, I’ll try and dig up a picture of them, it was pure nasty!
Yeah, those ticks ARE nasty! One got me on the back of the leg shortly before I left RSA last year. Tick bite fever is no joke! Made me very sick before I discovered the wound site. Just about didn't make it to walk my daughter down the aisle. The correct antibiotic had me rebounding fairly quickly.

Photo 2023-04-16, 12 10 36.jpg

This was the animal I really wanted to hunt during my first trip to SA, Eastern Cape. They are, to me, one of the most regal looking antelope.

IMG-20210422-WA0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I’d revive this thread. Shot this beautiful bull on Friday. Feeling very blessed! Not many locals get to shoot bulls like this, especially not at 23 years. I have quite the story to share on him. Where would be best to do so? He has super thick horns with lots of character and measured 31 3/8. Let me know what you guys think please! Kind regards.View attachment 529376View attachment 529377View attachment 529378View attachment 529379
A magnificent animal. Drop you story into Hunting Reports. We'd all love to read it.

Hello gents, thank you for the great responses. I’m busy typing up a hunting report - it may be a little lengthy though but I’m trying to capture every detail. One thing that I love about hunting these animals, is that size doesn’t matter at the end of the day, but the experiences that each hunter endures on the pursuit of their specific bull is rather the priceless reward.

Some lovely bulls posted above. Congrats everyone. It always amazes me how unique Nyala can be. The bell, the sweep, the wide or narrowness, the worn down or broken horns. It all adds to the special nature of a hunt or ‘trophy’.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeliaF8887

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles